Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2017, 12:53 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
This was a joke, right?
Yes, a sarcastic response to a sarcastic question

Last edited by Razza94; 03-26-2017 at 01:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2017, 01:16 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Yep, it does seem to change over a short distances- currents or upswelling maybe?
I think north of Pt Dume that the Davidson Counter Current loses influence

Old 03-26-2017, 11:08 PM

5,069 posts, read 8,599,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
I took three trips to the US South, and tbh the usual winter hype I saw building on here in September caused me to give the forum a break.

Not only that I felt like I was constantly attacked for liking green winter landscapes and mentioning plants growing where vs other places. I felt attacked for my winter stability preferences. So, I thought I would just leave for the winter and was much better for me.

If I wanted to be a pain in the a... I could go back and drag up all the winter hype posts by the cold lovers on here that turned out to be totally bogus. We had by all accounts a very mild winter and I loved it. But if you go back and look at the winter thread you realize that cold lovers are very selective in the tweets and graphics they post to exaggerate cold. Imo everyone of them got egg all over their faces.

And hopefully now one poster from Chicago will have a more jaded look at J Bastardi, the phoney winter hype artist "forecaster" that never met a winter that wasn't going to be the coldest winter on record. JB is now a laughing stock of the meteo community and mostly discredited. I love that.
Bastardi is an idiot. Often quoted by denier groups.

Old 03-26-2017, 11:21 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,184,988 times
Any hot desert climate is worse. Dubai, Cairo, Phoenix, etc etc.

Also, any climate that's never seen a single snow flurry is worse.

Any climate that hasn't gotten to 86 F / 30 C ever? Worse as well.

London's a C-. That's heaven compared to many climates.

Old 03-27-2017, 10:12 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,929,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Bastardi is an idiot. Often quoted by denier groups.
He is a far right wing crackpot that throws politics in all his forecasts. And yes a huge climate denier and believes in all kinds of conspiracy theories.

Old 03-27-2017, 10:16 AM

855 posts, read 772,154 times
Bastardi lives up to his name.

As for London, it's not the worst by any means. I actually quite like mild oceanic climates, but I prefer ones with a drier, Mediterranean-ish summer, like Seattle, Portland, or Victoria (where I'm from originally). I think where you grew up has a lot to do with your preferences.

Old 10-16-2017, 11:50 PM

110 posts, read 130,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverBlack View Post
True. Even 15 °C (59 °F) can be very comfortable.
If it’s not too windy, I think 15 degrees Celsius (59 degrees Fahrenheit) is just perfect. One can walk and cycle comfortable outside, and you only need a light jumper or jacket to be comfortable.

When it’s actually clear and around 15 degrees, it is more enjoyable than any other weather, but clear and 15 degrees by day usually means it will be very cold at night – though it you have better blankets than we do here in our old Carlton house freezing nights would not be any problem!

If it’s within what Weather Spark calls “comfortable” (65 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit or 18.3 to 23.9 degrees Celsius) I easily get warm when exercising in the absence of the cool oceanic breezes such weather usually gives here in Melbourne during the summer. When it reaches Weather Spark’s “warm” (75 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit or 23.9 to 29.4 degrees Celsius) I am rather uncomfortable walking around without a cool breeze, although cool breezes do help a lot. Experience in Taipei this June walking around in “hot” (85 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit or 29.4 to 35 degrees Celsius) is not inviting at all!

Getting on topic, as I have said before, to call London’s climate “lousy” is just ridiculous unless one likes either freezing weather (snow) or very warm/hot weather (beaches) enough to dislike any weather failing to provide such. I am not such a person and it is clear to me that the vast majority of the world has worse weather than the UK – whose climate is comfortable enough except during cold or windy winter spells even if it can be very depressing as I experienced this past January (though back at home the first half of this rather peculiar September was not that different).

Old 10-24-2017, 10:01 AM

65 posts, read 69,492 times
One of the worst. It is cloudy most days, even in summer and in summer it gets hot only a few days out of the month, most days are in low 70s which is comfortable, but not real summer weather, but the few days a year where it is hot and sunny are nice but overall really poor climate. Winters are extremely mild, considering London is further north than all of mainland USA yet the average low in January is still several degrees above freezing meaning winter gets no snow just rain and in December it is dark by like 4.30 pm and still dark as late as 7.30 am. It is so cloudy, rains too much way too little sun, summers are too cool and winters are way to mild for its location, but yeah I think some other climates mentioned in this thread already such as Oslo, Norway, Reykjavik, Iceland, and Glasgow, Scotland are worse than London due to colder summers and less sunshine and less daylight in winter. Vancouver is similar to London in terms of temperature but gets more sun so its better. Wellington NZ gets more sun too, despite having similar temperatures throughout the year, and Hobart is a pretty **** climate but sunnier than London.

Old 10-24-2017, 11:11 AM

2,652 posts, read 3,410,408 times
No, absolutely that’s an absurd question. London has one of the best climate among any mega-sized cities in the world.

Old 10-24-2017, 12:20 PM

2,132 posts, read 1,370,816 times
fishing question lol - London has a pretty good climate (depending on personal preferences of course)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather