Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2015, 05:55 AM

7,668 posts, read 5,260,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
A couple from Brighton this time.

Royal pavilion.

A tree at the Royal pavilion.

Daughter on Brighton beach.
Awww weee cutie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 06:40 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,816,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Awww weee cutie.

Old 05-29-2015, 04:49 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Haven't responded to this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Nice colorful pics. That one looks familiar. Was that a spot you were at before? River looks low.
Haven't taken a photo exactly there, but I have nearby.

Quote:
Nice tower. I like the rock one better than the fire one. That fire one looks like it could be a nervous climb or drop. lol
Yea, the metal fire tower scares me a bit. Still like it better than the rock fire tower as it's open at the top, the tower made of rock has only small windows you have to poke your head in to get a decent view.

Quote:
I wonder if anyone reported that car. Cops probably have it stolen and unfound. lol. Unless it was a private property?
I assume it's abandoned. Out of the way rural dirt road, doubt it will get much attention. But then, how'd the windows get smashed? Tires are flat, so has to have been there for a while, unless flattened on purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
Neat shots. That ride is a classic of yours, right? How long is it? And how much elevation gain?
Yes, I've done it before, didn't realize it was that recognizable. Looks like the last time I did the same ride, I took photos in a lot of the same spots. Stopped near that stone fire tower but went for a short hike along some ledges with views, I was trying to go the stone fire tower, but when the wrong way. This time I took the road to the tower, rather than hike; the road wasn't very road bike friendly, ended up walking my bike half the time. I think I prefer the hike with the ledges over the tower, and the rough uphill to the tower was tedious after climbing a big hill.

The ride was 68 miles, elevation gain maybe just over 5000 feet. Two big hills, each tower was at the end of a big hill. First one must gentler, second one gained 875 feet in 1.7 miles

Quote:
Cute town indeed. It looks warmer from the photos than it actually was. Why is centre spelled that way? Is it common? Though after all the area is called New England!
I've seen a few other older towns use the centre spelling, dunno why. Newton, MA and Rockville Centre, NY.

[quote]Few pics from last week at work. The glare of the sun is getting strong around midday.

Great photos. Besides the Alps photos, like the northern France building styles.

Quote:
Local wildlife?
Are those wild?

Old 05-30-2015, 01:49 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,386,009 times

Old 05-30-2015, 01:57 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,386,009 times
< A few shots from Tartu today late afternoon.

Old 05-30-2015, 02:18 PM

1,759 posts, read 1,879,145 times
I spent the day grilling meat in a forest in Padise in northwestern Estonia. Leaves have just fully bloomed and everything is a gentle verdant green.

I even managed to photograph a snake. Only two species live here and they're quite rare so it was a treat.

A river hiding in thick undergrowth:

The snake:

Old 05-30-2015, 02:27 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhityk View Post
< A few shots from Tartu today late afternoon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiromant View Post
I spent the day grilling meat in a forest in Padise in northwestern Estonia. Leaves have just fully bloomed and everything is a gentle verdant green.

I even managed to photograph a snake. Only two species live here and they're quite rare so it was a treat.

A river hiding in thick undergrowth:

The snake:
Beautiful. Thank you both for sharing. Estonia seems like a fascinating place.

Old 05-30-2015, 02:32 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Beautiful. Thank you both for sharing. Estonia seems like a fascinating place.
Does look like a pretty country, judging by his photos.

Old 05-30-2015, 02:44 PM

Almost 10pm and still bright with rain. I am approaching the days of 11pm brightness.

Great.

Old 05-30-2015, 03:31 PM

Pretty good. 10:30 and rain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather