Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2015, 06:52 PM

115 posts, read 213,237 times

Advertisements

Here's my continent, sorry for my poor drawing/photo quality, I highlighted the cities with the name initials in MS paint to let you know where they are. The southh and eastern ends of the continent are bordered by land, although the north where north point is is a coast. At the Southwest, that triangle is not an island, that area would be land.

Anyway here is a brief description of the climates
Inperador: Cloudly, fairly mild city. Winters are cool, with occasional cold waves and generally light snow. Snow cover is rarely persistent, but a cold wave and a couple inches of snow can leave a coating for a couple of weeks. Transitional seasons are cool and like every other season, cloudy. The rainiest time of year is late winter to early spring. Summers feature light showers and pleasant temperatures. Slightly warmer/drier version of Germany.
Darnen: Similar to climates of the American South, with hot summers with thunderstorms occuring multiple times a week and brutal humidity. Winters are dry, with surprisingly cool nights due to the inland location. Snow is not rare, but typically stays light and only falls a few times a year. Like many subtropical climates on the northern edge, it is prone to cold, and sometimes extremely cold weather.
Point Denavi: Mild city surrounded by Ocean on all sides. Winters are cool, with frost never being recorded in the city itself, though light snow showers have occurred. Most of the year is mild, with light showers taking place for a couple hours most days. Sunshine is moderate but not ample. Rain is lightest in the summer, heaviest in the winter. Few powerful storms, no blizzards, no earthquakes, and now natural disasters to speak of make this one of the nicest climates to live in. Very suitable for human habitation.
Garnaf: While the west end of the inlet you see nearby Garnaf gets plenty of cloud cover, it's the areas to the south and east that get ravaged with rainfall. The wet season from march to may is brutal, with extremely heavy rain falling. Other parts of the year aren't exactly dry either. While the city is known mostly for it's rainfall, it's elevation of over 3000 feet above sea level keeps it quite cool. Summers typically feature 50s, with temperatures over 70 being quite rare. Winters are cool, but rarely very cold. Snowfall can be heavy, but snow cover is mostly formed only in cooler years. This is because the heavy rain usually keeps it down. The raw precipitation the area gets however when combined with cold air can create extremely deep snow.
Perdova: Located on a plateau and with mountaisn to the west and north to prevent if from oceanic air, the city is brutally cold and dry for much of the year. The landscape is too dry for trees, though areas slightly to the north with a few more inches of precipitation feature a taiga. Winters are brutally cold and dry, with frequent cold blasts dropping temperatures below -30. Due to the lack of precipitation, the city is not guaranteed snow cover. The winter sunshine keeps the snow depth thin and sometimes bare ground can be seen even in the middle of winter. Summers are short and the wettest time of the season. Nights are cool, even cold at this time of year, and the growing season rarely lasts more than 90 days. The fall features heavy gales, with winds often exceeding 50 mph in the many windstorms the city experiences per year.
North Point: As the name suggests, it's pretty cold. The area features a significant seasonal lag. Summers are chilly to mild, but quite sunny, with over 70% sunshine for part of the season. Fall is the rainy, and sometimes snowy season. While the cities coastal location makes it's summers very cool, it also prevents the extremely cold winters even a couple hundred miles to the South.

So what do you think guys? What's your favorite climate. You can rate all of them if you'd like. I also tried to make these realistic, did I do a good job?
Attached Thumbnails
Climates one my imaginary continent, what do you think?-darnen.png   Climates one my imaginary continent, what do you think?-garnaf.png   Climates one my imaginary continent, what do you think?-point-denavi.png   Climates one my imaginary continent, what do you think?-perdova.png   Climates one my imaginary continent, what do you think?-north-point.png  

Climates one my imaginary continent, what do you think?-second-copy.png   Climates one my imaginary continent, what do you think?-picutereee.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 07:06 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,448,329 times
Darnen-en-river.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:14 PM

607 posts, read 648,336 times
Strange as it may seem, North Point's the best. Guaranteed snow in winter, loads of sunshine in summer. 17C with that amount of sunshine is pleasant enough. B

Imperador's horrid. Cloudy all the time, not quite cold enough in winter, not reliable enough in summer. E-
Garnaf could be either brilliant (when it snows) or vile (when it rains). D
Point Denavi's like a drier San Francisco. Liveable but boring. D+
Perdova's not snowy enough considering how cold it is. That's why I prefer North Point. Summer is nice but too short. C
Darnen is too wet and humid in summer, winters aren't too bad. C-

Old 03-20-2015, 07:19 PM

1,011 posts, read 715,306 times
Garnaf's definitely the place for me!

Joking. I will go with Darnen, second choice would be Point Denavi.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:27 PM

115 posts, read 213,237 times
By the way here are my ratings
Inperador: C-, temperatures are okay, summers are pleasant as are winters, but little interesting weather. I like a cloudy days, but not that many. Snow is low, but the weather patterns allow for much of the snow and cold to happen at once, so the city does have some wintry time.
Point Denavi: D-, seems pretty nice on the surface, temperatures are decent all year, but I'm sure I'd get bored as hell in the climate.
Garnaf: D, I like rain but god damn...
Darnen: B, Winters are actually okay. Summers are way hot, but the thunderstorms are cool. Quite a few nice months. Wish there was more snow.
Perdova: C, Just too cold. Add a few more degrees and I'd be fine, but -15 and -20 being normal is a little extreme. Some more precipitation, especially snow would be nice.
North Point: A-, Doesn't necessarily sound like a nice climate, but it actually has some stuff going for it. Good weather variety despite oceanic location, nice snowfall without being ridiculous, a couple sunny months. Summers could use some extra heat.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:29 PM

486 posts, read 445,087 times
Darnen C: Summers too hot. Winters should be more humid and wet.

Garnaf B: Winters are perfect with cold and snowy weather. Summers are too mild and a little too wet. Could be a bit sunnier but not bad.

Point Denavi: C-. Winters way too mild and no extremely very small chance of snow. Hell its probably only snowed there once because the record low is 0.6 C (33 F). Summers are ok. Needs more extreme temperatures ie Colder Winters.

Perdova: C+. Winters are a little too cold but not bad and they're too dry. Summers are ok for temperatures but they're too dry. Too sunny.

North Point: A-. Winters are nice with cold and snowy weather. Summers are nice and warm but not hot. A little too sunny.

Imperator: B+/A-: Winters are nice but could be wetter. Summers are a little too hot. Nice sunshine.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:24 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,178,032 times
Darnen. Imperador came in a close second.

Old 08-01-2017, 08:56 AM

3,586 posts, read 4,970,437 times
North Point, with Garnaf a close second.

Old 08-04-2017, 06:09 PM

5,271 posts, read 4,676,644 times
Garnaf is my favourite and yes, they look very realistic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather