Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 05:00 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,296,774 times

Advertisements

Make it Stop!

Somebody.

Anybody.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 05:21 PM

83,516 posts, read 75,307,397 times
NWS Gray Maine mentioning the possibility. It wont get into their discussion range until a couple days from now but they might sneak it in like this since it's a travel holiday.

LASTLY MODELS FOLLOW THIS WITH A STRONGER SYSTEM FOR EASTER WEEKEND WHICH MAY CAUSE HAVE TRAVEL IMPLICATIONS.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:51 PM

1,246 posts, read 1,301,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
NWS Gray Maine mentioning the possibility. It wont get into their discussion range until a couple days from now but they might sneak it in like this since it's a travel holiday.

LASTLY MODELS FOLLOW THIS WITH A STRONGER SYSTEM FOR EASTER WEEKEND WHICH MAY CAUSE HAVE TRAVEL IMPLICATIONS.
**bangs head on computer...*** ( opps- that's the new Mac)... ( Stops banging..)
Pleadssssss - make it stop...

Old 03-26-2015, 09:25 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
There is no snow and cold here on easter day. High 70, Low 52 with brilliant sunshine. Absolute perfection .

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...&sp=KGAATLAN40

Old 03-27-2015, 01:21 AM

6,769 posts, read 5,487,382 times
I am NOT surprised to see snow {or heavy rains} after Easter in April {the 5th}, or even after Orthodox Easter {the 12th}.
I have a friend, an orthodox Priest, who moved here to Upstate NY from AZ. He invited me over for Pasca festival and commented "at least there will be no more snow!" I said "oh don't be surprised if we have snow after Easter, {even yours a week later} in this area!" Well, come the Pasca festivities, and sure enough, in the afteroon, I told him to look out his window. It was snowing!! In April! After Easter! He was SOOOOO disappointed and angry! He said "I really thought we were DONE with this stuff"! We got a dusting-2" that day.

SO, In shourt, March always has one last snow hurrah for us, even if it comes in APril!

It doesn't matter what the calendar says, I have learned to not look for spring until the month of MAY,and even then, half way through it. That way, if spring arrives early, I am pleasntly surprised, if it doesn't come so early, I am not dsappointed.

Such is the life in Upstate, NY. AND this winter particualrly, we NEED The jet stream to rise ABOVE us. The sooner the better, I am weary of snow, cold, pipes that may freeze, a furnace that has broken down on us 3 times this season {and it is brand new..only 3 years old, we've put 1/2 the original cost back into repairing it. it is on it's 4th igniter already!!}

MOH's car spent 10 days Iced into the ruts in the driveway, more rocks down now.
I AM DONE with WINTER!

Old 03-27-2015, 04:17 AM

6,344 posts, read 4,406,867 times
what next? a memorial day snowstorm? this is crazy its not unheard of for snow in April in new England and north east but its uncommon I imagine at least for mid Atlantic and north east and not nearly as strong as what those models where showing this storm is crazy strong!

Old 03-27-2015, 08:56 AM

52 posts, read 75,256 times
My neighbors were all, "Why haven't you put the snow shovel away yet?" This is why, the jet stream just will not stay far enough north. At this rate, Pittsburgh could see snow in May unless that jet gets north where it belongs in spring. I am sick of having my folks who moved back here from Florida complain every week how it would not be below freezing in March, April, whatever in Florida. I can hear the complaining already over Easter Sunday dinner.

Mother Nature is broken for the Eastern U.S., especially the Northeast and Great Lakes. And has been since January 2014.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:04 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,364,943 times
It seems like people up north are surprised by these late March/early April snows every single year.....I wouldn't really think snow north of about 41-42 N this time of year is really all that unusual.

Old 03-27-2015, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
It seems like people up north are surprised by these late March/early April snows every single year.....I wouldn't really think snow north of about 41-42 N this time of year is really all that unusual.
Exactly.. It's not unusual but its special since its not common and harder to happen.

Number of times 1" or more snow fell in April

NYC only 3 times since 1965
Bridgeport: 3 times last 18 yrs. Normal is 0 times.
Albany happens once every 1-2 yrs. Normal is 1 time.
Pittsburgh only 3 times since 1992
Burlington Vermont 1 or 2 times in April they get 1"+

If you bump it up to 2" snow in April obviously its less. Even north of 41N.

Old 03-27-2015, 11:13 AM

Latest GFS12z and past couple runs losing the storm. LOL

Basically a rainy front on Friday the 3rd. Dry Easter Weekend.

but now shows a monster for April 8th. Big Snowstorm for Midwest, Great Lakes Areas, and New England.

While the dates may be all over the place I think they are sensing a big noteworthy storm coming in April. They are probably putting the pieces together that the pattern could become ripe for one. Keep this in mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather