Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2015, 08:12 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,005,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Here it comes. Look up. lol. Upper Low heading towards you. Then another one forming this weekend in the gulf but because there is a blocking high over here, it wont move much.

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MORRISTOWN TN
331 PM EDT FRI SEP 25 2015

UPPER LEVEL LOW OVER NW GA / NE AL PULLING DEEP MOISTURE ACROSS THE AREA. MAIN SYNOPTIC LIFT WITH THE SYSTEM IS EXITING THE AREA THIS AFTERNOON TO THE WEST AND NORTH...BY THIS EVENING SHOULD MAINLY BE SCATTERED SHOWERS. THIS SCATTERED LIGHT ACTIVITY SHOULD BE THE RULE THROUGH SATURDAY...ALTHOUGH THERE WILL BE A LOT OF SHOWERS AT TIMES WITH THE PLENTIFUL MOISTURE. FOR TEMPERATURES...THE GUIDANCE MAX/MINS LOOKED GOOD OVERALL...BUT SLOWED THE WARMUP ON SATURDAY...WITH NEARLY STEADY TEMPERATURES IN THE MORNING...AND QUICKER WARMUP IN THE AFTERNOON AS THE CEILINGS WEAKEN DUE TO EVENTUAL DIURNAL MIXING. KEEPING THUNDER OUT SATURDAY AS INSTABILITY REMAINS LOW.

.LONG TERM (SATURDAY NIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY)...
AN UPPER LEVEL LOW WILL DEVELOP AND STRENGTHEN OVER THE GULF COAST THROUGH MUCH OF THE EXTENDED. THE LOW WILL HAVE LITTLE MOVEMENT EAST DUE TO HIGH PRESSURE OVER THE ATLANTIC BLOCKING ITS PROGRESS. FLOW AROUND THIS LOW WILL BE FROM THE SOUTH AND SOUTHWEST...

Don't forget... Upper Lows always cause clouds and chances of precip especially if its blocked from moving fast. This is why I love them in winter. :-) Checked a few forecasts down there it's its cloudy/rain chances for next 5 days +.
In the curl of clearing skies near the "ankle" of MN I could see the edge of clearing in the sky a good share of the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 09:03 PM

29,493 posts, read 19,594,184 times
https://twitter.com/weatherchannel/s...99472667717632

Old 09-25-2015, 10:41 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,445,659 times
0.36" as of midnight. We are finally past one inch of rain for the month.

Old 09-26-2015, 02:58 AM

5,984 posts, read 3,453,055 times
Looks like the bottom finally dropped in parts of Siberia.

Oymyakon and Verkhoyansk hit -14C yesterday morning. Yakutsk only -9C.

And today will be the first ice day for Oymyakon.

Old 09-26-2015, 03:53 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,354,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theedgeoflight View Post
In the curl of clearing skies near the "ankle" of MN I could see the edge of clearing in the sky a good share of the day.
Where in MN do you live? You live by the border of Manitoba?

Old 09-26-2015, 04:22 AM

83,493 posts, read 75,195,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theedgeoflight View Post
Awesome.. A picture of that would be sweet. Always fun to look up at the sky and then look at the Satellite image to see the general scope of things. Hope to see you posting more in the seasonal threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalop View Post
Looks like the bottom finally dropped in parts of Siberia.

Oymyakon and Verkhoyansk hit -14C yesterday morning. Yakutsk only -9C.

And today will be the first ice day for Oymyakon.
LOVE the Siberia updates. Very important for our winters. Snowfall more important than cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Where in MN do you live? You live by the border of Manitoba?
I believe south of Minneapolis since he/she mentioned the "ankle" AND it was clearing nearby with that Water Vapor Satellite loop I posted.

Old 09-26-2015, 04:24 AM

Frosty in Northern New England this morning with mid-upper 30s, some at or below freezing. Warm south of I-90 thanks to clouds

Boston finally dropped below 53. Check out the Boston Burbs. Low 40s and even a 39°

Bridgeport 58° Danbury 50°

Old 09-26-2015, 04:39 AM

Finally seeing some consistency with the Euro/GFS of a pattern change for the Northeast.
Joe C.

"JOESTRADAMUS: MORE EVIDENCE OF A PATTERN CHANGE COMING"

https://twitter.com/joecioffi/status/647508198274891777/photo/1

Meteorologist Joe Cioffi JOESTRADAMUS: MORE EVIDENCE OF A PATTERN CHANGE COMING - Meteorologist Joe Cioffi

From Weather World for PA

"A pattern change looms as we head toward week 2 in the amazing 12 day checkerboard"

https://twitter.com/WeatherWorldPSU/status/647550386895736832/photo/1

Old 09-26-2015, 05:48 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,432,411 times
Ugh. Why does the torch pattern disappear just when it's most useful?

Old 09-26-2015, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Ugh. Why does the torch pattern disappear just when it's most useful?
Most useful? I like my seasons (except one). So a torch pattern in Fall is pointless. We already had an extended summer so far in New England so lets put the torch behind us!

At least it's not a Tundra pattern. Most likely just seasonable for us and below normal at times

BTW.......

Posted Sept 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
There's Something interesting going on after the 18th. Either its going to be snowstorm in Ontario or frost in New England or just a shot of mid-late Fall temps for us. It's a different look then what we have going on.

Trough might go negative and pour some real cold air into the region. Still so far away but lets come back to this and see.

BUT .... Remember my rule of thumb... In a warm pattern do not believe the cold being shown in the long range until it gets within days away... Vise Versa.. In a cold pattern, do not believe the warmth being shown until closer in time. So It's hard for me to believe this cold shot.

Every cold shot being shown lately disappears and we end up warmer so this one I'm seeing will probably do the same.
Sure enough... it did go away and didn't happen. Here we are Sept 26th and while we have been having some nice cool mornings, there has been no real Fall type air mass above us.

My rule of thumb is excellent to follow!

With that said... Guess what... The colder airmass (real taste of Fall) is not only more consistent now for after Tuesday next week, but we are now just 4 days away rather than 7 or 14.

So we are closer, so we should start to believe it more.

Here's the Euro for BDL.

Euro says what rain. GFS has some next 10 days. Dryness is excellent for me. Going to help make surface chillier in coming months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather