Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2015, 05:06 PM

83,520 posts, read 75,307,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
How about a low pressure system that's at the leading end of a record-breaking cold front pushing east and south that gives you a nice storm with strong NW winds and gives everyone on the eastern seaboard record breaking cold temps after the front clears? I think that would make everyone happy.
Wonder if we're in an active pattern now. I think that stuck Upper Low kicked started it. Or at least we might be able to say that was the very beginning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
What about me?
Sleep through the whole thing and then pretend your living in a dream when you wake up to snow & cold. All dreams come to an end, right? Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Typhoon recurving rule.
Saw. Sometimes it doesnt work, sometimes its amazing to see the influences. Is it Koppus doing it? I lost track of all Pacific cyclones.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 05:19 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,221,445 times
Between yesterday morning and this afternoon, we had a diurnal range of 48 degrees (20 F to 68 F). Felt quite warm today.

Starting Friday I only see highs in the 50s. Hopefully 60s and 70s will become less and less common.

Old 10-20-2015, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Between yesterday morning and this afternoon, we had a diurnal range of 48 degrees (20 F to 68 F). Felt quite warm today.
Bigger than mine. 26 to 66 here..

BTW... Anyone going skiing in Colorado?

WPC's Winter Weather Forecast Discussion

A CLOSED LOW SLIDING EAST ACROSS THE SOUTHWEST WILL COMBINE WITH RETURN FLOW FROM THE GULF OF MEXICO AND A SLIGHT ERLY TO NERLY UPSLOPE COMPONENT TO PRODUCE WIDESPREAD PRECIPITATION FROM THE SOUTHWEST TO THE PLAINS OVER THE NEXT THREE DAYS. THE MODELS ARE HINTING THAT TEMPERATURE PROFILES COULD BE LOW ENOUGH TO SUPPORT SNOW OVER THE HIGHEST ELEVATIONS OF THE COLORADO ROCKIES.

Old 10-20-2015, 05:41 PM

Stormy weather in the southwest and extending into the southern plains.

From TWC:

Quote:
Persistent southeasterly winds will pump moisture from the Gulf of Mexico into the southern High Plains by Wednesday, where it will interact with an area of low pressure forming aloft over the Southwest. This will contribute to heavy rains as far west as eastern New Mexico, western Texas and western Oklahoma by Wednesday night and Thursday.

http://www.weather.com/forecast/regi...y-rain-oct2015

Looks like Texas and Oklahoma will get some needed rain. Extends into Louisiana and Arkansas which are also experiencing drought conditions.

United States Drought Monitor > Home

Old 10-20-2015, 06:35 PM

5,039 posts, read 4,353,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post

Looks like Texas and Oklahoma will get some needed rain. Extends into Louisiana and Arkansas which are also experiencing drought conditions.

United States Drought Monitor > Home
Here's what NWS shows over the next week.

Looks like over 2 inches being predicted here right now. The last time I had measurable precip was Sept 28, so it's quite dry right now.

Attached Thumbnails
Autumn/Fall 2015 Thread (Northern Hemisphere, Sep-Nov)-p168i-6-.gif  

Old 10-20-2015, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlex View Post
Here's what NWS shows over the next week.

Looks like over 2 inches being predicted here right now.
Should be a nice change from the desert like conditions you've been experiencing.

Looks like South Texas is in the bulls eye for the most rain should that forecast verify.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:42 PM

Regarding Texas..Just saw this..

https://twitter.com/BrianJamesWx/sta...27941225332737

Old 10-20-2015, 07:08 PM

3,314 posts, read 2,216,167 times
So this year in Texas is drought,floods,some drought and more floods.

Old 10-20-2015, 07:09 PM

2,652 posts, read 3,410,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Did the winds shift as well from morning to afternoon or did they change yesterday or last night?
I didn't pay attention to the wind direction until your mentioning.
Prevailing wind (sorry I'm not an expert so not sure if this is using in right situation) from yesterday through until 9AM today were
mostly blowing from the North and then suddenly change direction to the Southwest. That's a pretty clear reference.

Old 10-20-2015, 11:18 PM

269 posts, read 237,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Did the winds shift as well from morning to afternoon or did they change yesterday or last night?

===============

I find it interesting many of us out there are focused on Siberia snow cover, meanwhile, Ontario & Quebec areas in Canada could be getting lots of it..

Now there's a scenario for cold lovers. Imagine that part of Canada stayed with a snowpack from here on out?

if there's a snowpack down during the next cold blast, the cold will go deeper. HMMMMM. Probably why the Euro brings the Polar Jet to northern Gulf states this time.

Right now... who's reporting what. That Hudson Bay must be freezing over fast. Any snow falling on the ice will reflect sunlight even more.
Wow, over a foot in the U.P.! My lowest temperature during the weekend cold snap was 41F. The high on both Sunday and Monday was 72F, a nice change from hot weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather