Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2015, 12:16 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times

Advertisements

63 with some drizzle earlier. Wish I had your weather today. Clouds are preventing a warm up. So close... Ugh 77 and sunny only 60 miles away
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2015, 12:17 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

Is it 49 and sunny in northern Vermont?!

Old 10-21-2015, 12:24 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
63 with some drizzle earlier. Wish I had your weather today. Clouds are preventing a warm up. So close... Ugh 77 and sunny only 60 miles away
A bit like yesterday -folks on one side of the island had a sunny day with highs of 27C, while those on the other side (about 90 miles away) had rain and a high of 11C.

Old 10-21-2015, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
A bit like yesterday -folks on one side of the island had a sunny day with highs of 27C, while those on the other side (about 90 miles away) had rain and a high of 11C.
Don't you have a mountain range in between so big differences are more likely?

Old 10-21-2015, 12:37 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Don't you have a mountain range in between so big differences are more likely?
Yep, not unusual for such big difference, during a Foehn Norwester.

Can also happen as a cold front moves up the east coast. Last week saw 31C, while 150 km south had temps in the low teens C

Old 10-21-2015, 12:38 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,332,923 times
This weather is amazeballs. Full sunshine, mid 70's with a DP in the lower 50's. Doesn't get much better than this, unless it's hotter of course. Give me this everyday.

Old 10-21-2015, 12:43 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,929,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
This weather is amazeballs. Full sunshine, mid 70's with a DP in the lower 50's. Doesn't get much better than this, unless it's hotter of course. Give me this everyday.

Isn't it though. I love this about October. No killing freeze here at all. Everything still doing well with trees still mostly green and all kinds of flowers around. I bought tomatoes yesterday lol. Even up north in the cold burbs of Trenton (Burlington NJ) no killing frost or freeze. My co worker lives there and said the edges of some plants burned a little bit but nothing dead or even that noticeable. Philly didn't go below 35F.

Old 10-21-2015, 12:45 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,520,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Winter Coats to Shorts. I wasnt in a winter coat but Im in shorts right now.

And someone call the cops!!! Its friggin 74°!!!!!

Will post map in a bit. So warm out. Like Summer again. Been sunny all day too.
Wow, are you serious? It's 73 at PDK, and only 66 on my carport thermometer, due to the shade. It's still only 63 indoors - crazy, huh?

I just got back from the gym + an hour walk - man, it feels so nice out there, with the low humidty. It's amazing how slanty the sun is even at solar noon - I actually don't mind it now.

Old 10-21-2015, 01:09 PM

83,520 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
Wow, are you serious?
About calling the cops? YES! What if I called them and said, there's something wrong. I think you need to arrest the weather. Would they throw me in a nut house? As long as it has A/C I'll be ok. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
This weather is amazeballs. Full sunshine, mid 70's with a DP in the lower 50's.
Good point about the dews. They are actually in the 40s out there except a few local spots in the 50s.

That's the Saving grace how dry it is. Speaking of which... I have to come back to that.. we are higher than forecast with surface temps and I assume a dry ground has effects on both ends. Colder at night, Warmer in day. So I'm blaming the no rain.

Quote:
Is it 49 and sunny in northern Vermont?!
Sounds like what we had few days ago. Man that felt great. It's torching in the sun here. Feels like 1000s. lol

We do it again tomorrow. Near or above 70. Then ................. See that front over Iowa... Thursday night will be over us.

Looks like a stalled front over New England all day.. Why its sunny and 40s northern VT. That will lift north into Canada as the storm over Wisconsin does as well.

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA
1015 AM EDT WED OCT 21 2015

A COLD FRONT ENTERING MASSACHUSETTS THIS MORNING WILL STALL OVERTHE AREA THIS AFTERNOON AND THEN LIFT NORTH TONIGHT AS A WARMFRONT. LIGHT SCATTERED SHOWERS WILL BE CONFINED TO MASSACHUSETTSTODAY AND THEN LIFT INTO NORTHERN NEW ENGLAND TONIGHT. COOLERTEMPERATURES TODAY WILL GIVE WAY TO A MILD DAY THURSDAY. A COLDFRONT SWINGS THROUGH THE REGION THURSDAY. BEHIND THE FRONT WILL BEMUCH COOLER WEATHER FRI AND SAT. A SECONDARY COLD FRONT MAYDELIVER MUCH COOLER WEATHER BY EARLY NEXT WEEK.

10 AM UPDATE...SURFACE COLD FRONT DRAPED ACROSS THE AREA WITH NW WINDS FROM ORHSOUTHEASTWARD INTO RI AND SOUTHEAST MA. THIS BOUNDARY WILL PROVIDEA FAIRLY NOTICEABLE TEMP GRADIENT ACROSS THE REGION TODAY WITHCOOLEST READINGS OVER NE MASSACHUSETTS AS WINDS BECOME NE THISAFTERNOON.

Old 10-21-2015, 01:15 PM

83,520 posts, read 75,307,397 times
HaHa.. NWS NY raised their max temps today earlier. Duh. Really?

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY
148 PM EDT WED OCT 21 2015

RAISED HIGH TEMPERATURES A FEW DEGREES ACROSS LONG ISLAND AND
ACROSS THE INTERIOR WHERE MORE CLOUDS HAVE LARGELY STAYED TO THE
NORTH ALLOWING FOR GOOD HEATING. HIGH TEMPERATURES WILL REACH THE LOW
TO MID 70S FOR A MAJORITY OF THE AREA...5 TO 10 DEGREES ABOVE
NORMAL FOR THIS TIME OF YEAR. ALSO ADJUSTED SKY COVER TO ACCOUNT
FOR LATEST TRENDS SEEN IN VISIBLE SATELLITE.

COLD FRONT DRAPED ACROSS UPSTATE NEW YORK AND SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND
WILL LIFT NORTHWARD AS A WARM FRONT TODAY. OTHERWISE...HIGH
PRESSURE WILL STAY SOUTH OF THE REGION.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather