Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Rate my Fictional Climate
A 12 19.35%
B 8 12.90%
C 6 9.68%
D 16 25.81%
E 10 16.13%
F 3 4.84%
Z 7 11.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 11:53 AM

802 posts, read 601,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodleman556 View Post
A climate that suits most people, with a 4 month winter of changeable yet good weather and about 60cm of snow/season that may stay on the ground for up to 10 days (max=-2 to 15) (min=-7 to 4). Spring is very quick-March/April as is Autumn-September/October. Summer has two stages, early and late. Early summer continues with the heat and averages around 30-35˚C at daytime and in the low 20's by night. It builds up (with a slight increase of humidity) until early July when heavy, spontaneous thunderstorms roll in. These happen most afternoons in July and August and keep the temperature at around 30˚C and 60% by 3pm.

I'd give this a C+, April-September is great but the rest of the year is rather cool for me. Hopefully this can get good results due to its very wide variability.
I give it a C. Summers are slightly too warm, but the rest of the year is alright.

Here's another climate (tropical monsoon at 12°N)
Attached Thumbnails
Rate the Fictional Climate: Climate Utopia and create your own Fictional Climate-climate9.png  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 12:26 PM

1,916 posts, read 1,450,754 times
Quote:
Here's another climate (tropical monsoon at 12°N)
Summers are far too rainy for my liking though the temps are good.

D

Here is a climate that will get an A+ from me because it is my dream climate. Why? The fact is that I ABHOR rain especially when I am outdoors and this climate allows me to go outdoors even on rainy days because the rain comes from thunder storms that happen in the morning. Plus the rain that falls doesn't fall that often at all. If there's a heatwave I can just hop in my imaginary pool. This climate is on my imaginary island with hiking, swimming, and giant roller coasters
Rate the Fictional Climate: Climate Utopia and create your own Fictional Climate-paradise2.jpeg

Old 10-27-2015, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeefan93 View Post
Here is a climate that will get an A+ from me because it is my dream climate. Why? The fact is that I ABHOR rain especially when I am outdoors and this climate allows me to go outdoors even on rainy days because the rain comes from thunder storms that happen in the morning. Plus the rain that falls doesn't fall that often at all. If there's a heatwave I can just hop in my imaginary pool. This climate is on my imaginary island with hiking, swimming, and giant roller coasters
Attachment 160257
E. Far too mild and warm, but not lethal.

Here's another one (mountaintop at 1303m asl at 52°N)
Attached Thumbnails
Rate the Fictional Climate: Climate Utopia and create your own Fictional Climate-climate10.png  

Old 10-27-2015, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Here's another one (mountaintop at 1303 m asl at 52°N)
Good mountainous climate. I would think the snow sticks all year since it gets a ton of snow in the winter??
B

Old 10-28-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Good mountainous climate. I would think the snow sticks all year since it gets a ton of snow in the winter??
B
Probably, yeah. There'd probably be some patches in July.

Here's another climate (quite mild Cfb at 51°N)
Attached Thumbnails
Rate the Fictional Climate: Climate Utopia and create your own Fictional Climate-climate11.png  

Old 10-28-2015, 06:38 PM

486 posts, read 442,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theelectricspider39 View Post
Probably, yeah. There'd probably be some patches in July.

Too mild. Sunshine and precipitation is good. Summers are too mild and need to be warmer but there not that bad. I give it a B- because of one factor. No winter season. If it's at 51N 6C is not an reasonable winter temp. It should be 2C or colder.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:41 PM

Quote:
The winter is far too depressing but it gets more sun than London.... Temps are acceptable.

D

Here is a climate for a 3,280 ft(1 km) plateau located at 10°N. Feel free to rate.
Rate the Fictional Climate: Climate Utopia and create your own Fictional Climate-subtropicalplateau.jpeg

Old 10-29-2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:
The winter is far too depressing but it gets more sun than London.... Temps are acceptable.

D

Here is a climate for a 3,280 ft(1 km) plateau located at 10°N. Feel free to rate.
Attachment 160377
Why are the average lows lower than the record lows? Anyway, it gets an E from me. Far too tedious.

Here's another climate (subarctic at 64°N that is ocean moderated)
Attached Thumbnails
Rate the Fictional Climate: Climate Utopia and create your own Fictional Climate-climate13.png  

Old 10-29-2015, 12:02 PM

4,658 posts, read 3,640,456 times
Quote:

D

Attachment 160377
A to B depending on SST's

Old 10-29-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Why are the average lows lower than the record lows? Anyway, it gets an E from me. Far too tedious.

Here's another climate (subarctic at 64°N that is ocean moderated)
Derp.... At least the Fahrenheit values were correct..... Plus your climate gets a D because I'm not a huge fan of oceanic climates.

Here is the edited version of my last climate and Miami with a Csa rain pattern.
Rate the Fictional Climate: Climate Utopia and create your own Fictional Climate-subtropicalplateauv2.jpeg

Rate the Fictional Climate: Climate Utopia and create your own Fictional Climate-miamicsa.jpeg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather