Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Rate my Fictional Climate
A 12 19.35%
B 8 12.90%
C 6 9.68%
D 16 25.81%
E 10 16.13%
F 3 4.84%
Z 7 11.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 03:04 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,597,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAR456 View Post
Another fictional climate data! It is too cold for me, so I'd rate it F to Z anyway. (The only reason I made this is to know what kind of climate this would have, because I'm curious.)

Anyway, what kind of climate this could be? This is located well north of Arctic Circle, is far from ocean (similar to distance of Salt Lake City is to the ocean), is located on a lowland region (below sea level like Dead Sea) and is located near a large (may be subglacial) lake (half size of Lake Erie), so sub-Arctic climate or polar climate?
Polar climate! ETf in the Climate Classification of Köppen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 09:22 PM

38 posts, read 41,623 times
EverBlack: I'd rate it B- to C-. Too much snow.

Anyway, here it is:

And let's guess whatever this climate would be in. It is located next to world's (fictional) largest and highest waterfall (more than 1,208 m), which the downtown is located beside the waterfall. It is located in a valley surrounded by mountains, which is also a national park. The elevation is from 909 m to 2,778 m. Also, rate it. I'd rate it B- to C.

Last edited by TAR456; 01-20-2017 at 09:29 PM.. Reason: Mistake and correction on picture

Old 01-21-2017, 06:11 AM

808 posts, read 700,933 times
Quote:

Anyway, here it is:

And let's guess whatever this climate would be in. It is located next to world's (fictional) largest and highest waterfall (more than 1,208 m), which the downtown is located beside the waterfall. It is located in a valley surrounded by mountains, which is also a national park. The elevation is from 909 m to 2,778 m. Also, rate it. I'd rate it B- to C.
This would be a Csa (Mediterranean climate).

I'd rate it a D+ personally - too dry in summer, snow lasting too long into the spring, and bigger diurnal ranges than ideal.

Here's my ideal climate:

Maybe I'd take the winter lows down a notch or two, but overall this version is still pretty current.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:47 AM

5,271 posts, read 4,643,583 times
F: 18 °C average low in January (the coolest month), but I can understand why you like it

I've made 10 climates for a fictional country in the Southern Hemisphere:

Old 01-28-2017, 06:36 PM

2 posts, read 2,877 times
Here's my climate:

Old 01-28-2017, 08:30 PM

658 posts, read 357,216 times
hosting image

Old 01-29-2017, 06:06 AM

808 posts, read 700,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverBlack View Post
F: 18 °C average low in January (the coolest month), but I can understand why you like it

Aomez (the first one) is my favorite, though none of them is truly excellent. I'd rate Aomez a B, and there are plenty of D's and F's in that bunch.

Qlhovach would be similar to the ideal climate of the average person around here.

Fhosp has freaky diurnal ranges, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalHawk View Post
Here's my climate:
C - lags too much in spring and summer lows are a bit too cool, but I like the fact that October is still a pleasant month. Precipitation is good, though, and at least it doesn't snow in April or May!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northnomad View Post
D+ - summers a bit anemic, and I'm not sure I'd be a fan of the cold, rainy, wet winters. Raise the temperatures by 10*F and it's an all right climate, though.

Here's Gimmeland, which I'd consider the ideal climate of the average person where I live:

On second thought, I probably skimped on the sunshine a bit. Record high is below 90*F, so automatic F from me.

Old 01-29-2017, 07:15 AM

658 posts, read 357,216 times
Added sunshine hours to my fake climate. Probably not enough for most people here. But I think there's a good variation between winter and summer.

img

Old 01-29-2017, 07:28 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,922,715 times
Quote:

Anyway, here it is:

A-. Very nice climate.

Could have some wetter winters though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverBlack View Post

Sakharda is my favourite.

Rate this one, it's atypical of me to make something like this.

Small city of 200,000 which is also the capital of a large country in the northern hemisphere. Roughly at 45N.

Old 01-29-2017, 03:09 PM

5,271 posts, read 4,643,583 times
B-: winters are very cold and dry and summers are warm, but sunshine hours and precipitation are very good

I asked a friend of mine (who knows nothing about weather) to make his ideal climate, that's what it turned out, so funny

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather