Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2016, 04:10 AM

20 posts, read 18,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverBlack View Post
F: winters are too cold.

Seward, Alaska
So based on only one reason you give it an F?

Seward is a C+/B-. Summers are chillier with like 3-4 degrees than what I wish, but the problem is that the winters are quite mild, the snow is a bonus, but the overall precipitation is a flaw - September and October are really rainy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iași#Climate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 05:38 AM

5,601 posts, read 3,504,176 times
Weak B for Iasi. Certainly one of the better humid continental climates out there, but having just come indoors from -2 with heavy wind chill in early Nov I can't give any four-season climate a strong B right now

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tula,_Russia#Climate

Old 11-07-2016, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
Weak B for Iasi. Certainly one of the better humid continental climates out there, but having just come indoors from -2 with heavy wind chill in early Nov I can't give any four-season climate a strong B right now

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tula,_Russia#Climate
A-: the amount of sun is fine, summer is perfect, could have been a bit chillier (I don't know whether temperatures over 35 happen yearly; if yes, then it's not perfect; but I guess that 39,2 happened during a cold snap), though I would like a slightly chillier winter with March and November rather snowy than rainy (March is, but November is not). Furthermore, there is the same problem as in all the continental areas influenced by the Siberian High: less precipitation in winter than summer. Yet these problems are minor, and Tula still deserves A-/B+.

Choibalsan, Mongolia

Old 11-07-2016, 08:15 AM

5,271 posts, read 4,679,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenBear View Post
So based on only one reason you give it an F?
Uhm... sorry? -18 °C as an average high is enough to give that climate an F.

Quote:

A-: the amount of sun is fine, summer is perfect, could have been a bit chillier (I don't know whether temperatures over 35 happen yearly; if yes, then it's not perfect; but I guess that 39,2 happened during a cold snap), though I would like a slightly chillier winter with March and November rather snowy than rainy (March is, but November is not). Furthermore, there is the same problem as in all the continental areas influenced by the Siberian High: less precipitation in winter than summer. Yet these problems are minor, and Tula still deserves A-/B+.

Choibalsan, Mongolia
F+: winters are too cold, but at least it's warm in the summer.

Navojoa, Mexico

Old 11-07-2016, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Uhm... sorry? -18 °C as an average high is enough to give that climate an F.

F+: winters are too cold, but at least it's warm in the summer.

Navojoa, Mexico
F. The only reason it is not a F- is the existence of places like Mecca or Abu Dhabi. Too hot, maybe if I were to leave in that place I would already have severe depression due to seasonal affective disorder.

Qaanaaq, Greenland

Old 11-07-2016, 08:58 AM

Quote:
F. The only reason it is not a F- is the existence of places like Mecca or Abu Dhabi. Too hot, maybe if I were to leave in that place I would already have severe depression due to seasonal affective disorder.

Qaanaaq, Greenland
F-: -20 °C as an average high and summers are not warm enough to warm up after those deadly winters. Not to mention the long depressing polar night.

Nayoro, Japan

Old 11-07-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
F-: -20 °C as an average high and summers are not warm enough to warm up after those deadly winters. Not to mention the long depressing polar night.

Nayoro, Japan
Wow. gordo would commit suicide there

E thanks to the decent summers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishkek#Climate

Old 11-07-2016, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Wow. gordo would commit suicide there

E thanks to the decent summers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishkek#Climate
D: it's too dry, summers are too hot, winters are too cold and it's too sunny, but it's not that bad.

Launceston, Australia

Old 11-07-2016, 10:19 AM

Quote:
D: it's too dry, summers are too hot, winters are too cold and it's too sunny, but it's not that bad.

Launceston, Australia
Very pleasant, a moderate A

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pau,_P...tiques#Climate

Old 11-07-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
A-: summers are a bit warm but it's very good otherwise

Lismore, Australia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather