Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 07:26 AM

1,904 posts, read 1,044,790 times

Advertisements

Hi Friends,

I learn from hearing their thoughts and opinions of others. Some of them i agree with and some i don't. It then dawned on me to pose this question and run it by the weather guru's...
QUESTION: "How does the weather affect your Energy Level, Health and Mood?"
FOR ME, cooler climate and seasons, make me feel more alive and energetic. As a consequence, i can get more done, in less time. This makes me feel better and more alive. Constant humidity has just taken its toll on me---and i don't think it will get any better here in S.Fla. Looking for cooler climate and change of scenery.
IN YOUR OWN WORDS: "How does the weather affect your Quality of Life?"
Thanks for your input...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 09:04 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,950,547 times
Hot weather easily makes me tired and weak.

Constant rainy weather gives me the blues and I would even cry feel like crying at times.

Sunny, mild weather does me make feel well.

Old 07-01-2015, 02:39 PM

7,501 posts, read 6,289,161 times
My favorite season is september / october, until mid-november. Especially if it' sunny, mild and dry with cool moments.

I usually stay fine in winter, but towards February / March, I become increasingly tired, and usually I'm super tired in April / May, most of the time.

Summer is better overall, but I'm a fall/winter guy mostly in terms of energy (unless it is a humid/grey/mild winter without any proper cold and / or sun)

Old 07-01-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theropod View Post
Hot weather easily makes me tired and weak.
Constant rainy weather gives me the blues and I would even cry feel like crying at times.
Sunny, mild weather does me make feel well.
Yes...the Friggin Hot Weather is Brutal this year. Seems like its getting worse every year. Rainy weather---yeah i hear that. Depressing for me too. Thats' the problem...if you want cool weather, you generally have to put up with lots of Clouds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
My favorite season is september / october, until mid-november. Especially if it' sunny, mild and dry with cool moments.
I'm with that Man. You get a Fall and Autum...your a lucky dude/dudette.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
I usually stay fine in winter, but towards February / March, I become increasingly tired, and usually I'm super tired in April / May, most of the time. Summer is better overall, but I'm a fall/winter guy mostly in terms of energy (unless it is a humid/grey/mild winter without any proper cold and / or sun)
Strange...why do you get tired in Feb-May ? ? ?

Old 07-01-2015, 04:39 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,259,135 times
When i'm humid i'm tired and cranky.

Old 07-01-2015, 04:46 PM

7,501 posts, read 6,289,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
Yes...the Friggin Hot Weather is Brutal this year. Seems like its getting worse every year. Rainy weather---yeah i hear that. Depressing for me too. Thats' the problem...if you want cool weather, you generally have to put up with lots of Clouds.

I'm with that Man. You get a Fall and Autum...your a lucky dude/dudette.

Strange...why do you get tired in Feb-May ? ? ?

I believe it's because naturally we should "hibernate" in winter, which we don't anymore, and by the time spring is here, I'm really exhausted by the lack of rest during winter. I don't know. Actually I have read that it is a common problem in Germany !

The weird thing is that I know many people who are tired in the fall, whereas I do six months later. I like the spring, but i never seem to be able to enjoy it. It is also a stressfull period usually.

Old 07-01-2015, 04:49 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,519,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
Hi Friends,

I learn from hearing their thoughts and opinions of others. Some of them i agree with and some i don't. It then dawned on me to pose this question and run it by the weather guru's...
QUESTION: "How does the weather affect your Energy Level, Health and Mood?"
FOR ME, cooler climate and seasons, make me feel more alive and energetic. As a consequence, i can get more done, in less time. This makes me feel better and more alive. Constant humidity has just taken its toll on me---and i don't think it will get any better here in S.Fla. Looking for cooler climate and change of scenery.
IN YOUR OWN WORDS: "How does the weather affect your Quality of Life?"
Thanks for your input...
You got that right. I love the winters in here N. Georgia. Most of spring and fall too, for that matter. But summer, that's when I have serious problems. The heat and humidity saps my energy, creativity and puts in me a crappy mood. Only thing that cheers me up in summer is rain and thunderstorms, which don't get nearly enough of.

The day I found out that I was going to be moving out of Ft Lauderdale after a dozen long years of living there was one of the happiest days of my life...lol.

Old 07-01-2015, 04:53 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,328,314 times
I'm the polar opposite, I feel like I'm more active and get more done in warm/hot weather. I'm lazier in the cooler months, I don't have the desire to do much, the cold wipes me out almost completely, and it's even worse when snow is added to the equation.

I shudder just thinking about the cold, I'm so glad it's summer.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:32 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,667,670 times
Sunny dry weather demotivates me a bit. Give me a moderately humid day, with occasional rain, and I feel more inclined to do things.

Old 07-31-2015, 11:05 AM

Looks like hot weather demotivates most people.

Probably why most of the recorded Geniuses lived in cold climates. Made their brains work faster and they got stuck inside a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather