Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2015, 03:31 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,259,135 times

Advertisements

I've done enough of that to win a medal. I am fed up now, I am sick of being bored and having to make up things to do. It is worse than home, I thought by coming to England that I would have so many things to do i'd never get bored yet I find myself night after night and weekend after weekend bored.

Everything is drinking oriented!!!

I spent 2 hours in the gym today because that was all I could do for "fun" that's how bad it is.

Old 10-03-2015, 03:32 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,467,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
But white liberal Californians, for example, are known for fleeing to other states and maintaining their liberalism.
Not really. The Californians that left tend to be more conservative than the ones that stayed. The ones most bothered by diversity were more likely to leave than the ones that didn't. And the main cause of flight is likely unrelated to diversity; but a loss of blue-collar jobs and high housing prices

Quote:
White flight pretty much inevitably happens with demographic transformation, yet no one can admit the real reason for it, and that is that people tend to be to be with their own kind. Yet we are bombarded with pro-multiculturalism messages by the liberal elites in the media and universities, who generally live very far away from actual "multiculturalism."
Flight is often from poorer moving in. Universities are diverse, they're just not diverse with poor people. A middle-class white Long Islander probably has more in common with an Asian or hispanic middle-class Long Islander that grew up there rather than a white person from say, the deep south.

Old 10-03-2015, 03:36 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
I am so sick of this town. I haven't left the campus, there's hardly anything to do, all the shops are closed at 6 which is terrible.

I tried looking for a cinema but it's miles away so I can't do that. It's such a pity I wasn't closer to London.

I've already ranted about the opening hours in England, they are terrible. There is an eatery here and it shuts at 4 so I never get there when i've got a class, I have one class to 5 so it's shut an hour when i'm done.

I am going to see if there is a cinema group, I would actually go to that, it would be something to actually do.. Everything is drinking oriented which does not interest me so I always end up going to the gym and eating out.. I'm sick of that.

I guess my expectations of England were a little high.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Univ...1443945600!3e3

Get on the bus like everyone else. There's your cinema right there. Go to the high street on Saturday or whenever you have a day off.

Old 10-03-2015, 03:37 PM

I think alot of my classmates live locally so they're not even here on the weekend anyway.

I seen a couple of people rolling suitcases yesterday, so jealous

Old 10-03-2015, 03:37 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,467,780 times
Quote:
Not particularly influenced by Jews?! They're all pro-Israel because they're being supported by Jewish money.
Plenty of non-Jewish conservatives look up Israel favorably as a nation like the US, under attack unjustly by terrorists. Evangelical christians (who geographically don't intersect much with Jews) also tend to be pro-Israel for various religious reasons.

Old 10-03-2015, 03:38 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,430,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
I'm not saying we should take everyone in, but Mexico is a bordering country in which we have an important relationship with. They are an economic and cultural partner. There are legal Mexican immigrants who still have family in Mexico and vice versa. The reality is that Canada and the US are the only countries in the Americas that were settled by white Europeans (or not Spain), the rest is Hispanic. We're the minority, not them.
Yes, we're the minority. White people are a GLOBAL minority... I think less than 10% of the world population now. Yet we are told by the media that we must become "multicultural," which would mean nothing but white people disappearing from the face of the planet. No one thinks twice about supporting Tibet, for example, in their quest to maintain their distinctiveness from the Chinese. Hell, every ethnic group, every race, is accorded the right to preserve their heritage, but whites are told to become multicultural. Actually, that would mean the assimilation of WHITE PEOPLE to a kind of world monoculture. It is genocide.

Old 10-03-2015, 03:39 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,578,708 times
Quote:
Yes, we're the minority. White people are a GLOBAL minority... I think less than 10% of the world population now. Yet we are told by the media that we must become "multicultural," which would mean nothing but white people disappearing from the face of the planet. No one thinks twice about supporting Tibet, for example, in their quest to maintain their distinctiveness from the Chinese. Hell, every ethnic group, every race, is accorded the right to preserve their heritage, but whites are told to become multicultural. Actually, that would mean the assimilation of WHITE PEOPLE to a kind of world monoculture. It is genocide.
So? I'm not unified with you because we're both white. I find you and your views utterly abhorrent.

Old 10-03-2015, 03:40 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,217,577 times
Quote:
Not sure what you mean by multicultural. We're not being forced to adopt all the customs and traditions of other cultures. Whites aren't giving up anything.

Old 10-03-2015, 03:41 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
I think alot of my classmates live locally so they're not even here on the weekend anyway.

I seen a couple of people rolling suitcases yesterday, so jealous
I was gonna say, theyre the best people to hang out with since they know the town well. But, also, out-of-towners also congregate with other out-of-towners, too.

Quote:
I've done enough of that to win a medal. I am fed up now, I am sick of being bored and having to make up things to do. It is worse than home, I thought by coming to England that I would have so many things to do i'd never get bored yet I find myself night after night and weekend after weekend bored.

Everything is drinking oriented!!!

I spent 2 hours in the gym today because that was all I could do for "fun" that's how bad it is.
You don't really know anybody outside of class, that's why you're bored. And being bored at the gym for 2 hours....hmmm...not exactly a bad thing I suppose work those pecs and arms

Old 10-03-2015, 03:43 PM

Yeah i've been going to the gym alot, I love it. It would be nice to have alternatives like shopping and movies, there isn't much here. As I said everything shuts at six! Pretty ****

I left my room at 1 and there wasn't a person about, shows how many people go home. I didn't expect this. It feels like i'm at a technical college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather