Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2015, 01:18 PM

5,983 posts, read 4,277,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
You definitely won't ever run into Owen in any of those towns....lol.
or in that country, even.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
Not too familiar with those towns. I imagine those are fairly close to Mexico City? And will you be using a car to get around?

The places I've visited on my trip to Mexico are: Mexico City (and out to the pyramids), Oaxaca, Puerto Escondido, Acapulco, and Tamazunchale (where my aunt was a missionary). Yes, I did all of that on a single trip...lol.

It was quite fun going from Oaxaca to Puerto Escondido on a DC-3, which barely made it over a 11,000-foot mountain range.
Yeah, all pretty close to Mexico City. We'll have a car so no worries there. An earlier route we had planned would have taken us through Tamazunchale, but we decided it was too far.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:20 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,260,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
Going to name a couple towns where I'm staying in Mexico in case anyone's heard of them (NorthStar?). Besides the obvious Mexico City, of course.

Taxco
Mineral del Chico
Zacatlan
Tepoztlan
Never heard of it.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:22 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,520,230 times
Quote:
Yeah, all pretty close to Mexico City. We'll have a car so no worries there. An earlier route we had planned would have taken us through Tamazunchale, but we decided it was too far.
Yeah, that's 7 hours from Mexico City, over rugged terrain. On the way back, I had to take the night bus, and it was full when I boarded. No problemo - I just laid out my jacket on the floor, propped my bag behind my head and promptly went to sleep right there in the aisle...lol.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:23 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,332,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
I'm in the "science" crowd, but I don't look down on others who believe in religion. My issue comes when they try to force their views onto me.
I agree, however "God doesn't exist!!" doesn't sound much different from "My God is better than yours!", who the hell cares, just let people be. But I'm from the land of crazies so my viewpoints may be a bit different, I've seen nutty Christians taking to the streets to announce the impending rapture, and I've seen loose cannon Atheists trying to explain to children why God doesn't exist.

Quote:
I just believe in stuff that can be proven. If someone came up with a scientific, verifiable proof of a God(s), yes, I would be a believer. To me, science is a fundamental way of life - I can go out right now and test the law of gravity by measuring how long it takes an object to fall from a certain height. Science is real, hypothetical deities written about in ancient texts are not - not to me, anyhow...lol.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing science (or religion) at all, I love science, but I try to keep an open mind. I believe speeds greater than light speed can be attained, even though it isn't proven. I don't have scientific proof that spirits/ghosts exist, but I've definitely seen them, which is proof enough for me. I really don't think anything is impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Lol, science is not akin to a religion. I'm guessing you're religious. I don't think it can answer everything.. that's what metaphysics is for, though you still can't come up with real answers. But organized religion is just dogma that discourages meaningful exploration of metaphysical matters.
I'm not religious at all, I just think people forget that Evolution is only a theory, many people swear by it, which is perfectly fine btw, but it's essentially the same thing as following a religion.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:24 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,260,330 times
Honestly don't know how i'm gonna get through tomorrow with so little sleep.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that's 7 hours from Mexico City, over rugged terrain. On the way back, I had to take the night bus, and it was full when I boarded. No problemo - I just laid out my jacket on the floor, propped my bag behind my head and promptly went to sleep right there in the aisle...lol.
Lol. Google Maps says only 5 hours, but maybe they underestimate travel time on those kinds of roads.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Honestly don't know how i'm gonna get through tomorrow with so little sleep.
I'd not worry - you'll be catching some zzz's in that comfy biz class seat at 39,000 feet above the Atlantic.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:28 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,364,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
I agree, however "God doesn't exist!!" doesn't sound much different from "My God is better than yours!", who the hell cares, just let people be. But I'm from the land of crazies so my viewpoints may be a bit different, I've seen nutty Christians taking to the streets to announce the impending rapture, and I've seen loose cannon Atheists trying to explain to children why God doesn't exist.
I agree, when someone tells me they're a Christian or whatever I usually just stay quiet. It's when they attempt preaching to me or tell me I'm a bad person because I don't believe that I start questioning and challenging their views. You'll never see me go up to someone and call them silly because they're religious. Just keep it to yourself is all I ask.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Lol. Google Maps says only 5 hours, but maybe they underestimate travel time on those kinds of roads.
Yeah, I'd not trust Google Maps in Mexico...LOL. The towns are slow to get through, you get behind slow trucks, etc, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather