Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2015, 03:59 AM

13,484 posts, read 9,027,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by naif12 View Post
Well, in our local forum its possible for a poster to post like 2000, even more posts a day!
They're commonly spam/junk bot though, and use full version for less min, time requred between 2 postings, they want to fill 2000 posts for their ID's (2000 = min. post count required for being able to rep) so they can exchange&self-rep another ID to gain rep points
No he means the temperature averages that he posted, supposedly for where he lives. He basically made up ridiculously cold averages, that are colder than the coldest Met Office station in northern Ireland

Old 07-29-2015, 04:44 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
That's a bit limiting. I would also allow immigrants from Latin America, China, Japan, South Korea, and maybe Russia.
Of course it's limiting. That's the whole point. What's wrong with that anyway? That's what US immigration policy was like before 1965, and it was intended to prevent demographic transformation. Speaking of Japan, Korea, that's kind of like my ideal society. I hate this rootless, cosmopolitan mess we have today, which only ever gets worse. I like insular societies.

As for your suggestions.. Russia... sure, in small numbers. Maybe you think Russia isn't European, but that's incorrect, so I wasn't implying I was against all Russian immigration.

Latin America- in general, no. Easier to just bar all immigration from there. But in specific cases (e.g., from Argentina, Uruguay...), I would be okay with it.

China, Japan, Korea- Absolutely not. I am completely against immigration from these countries. They're pretty insular, by the way. They don't tend to let in outsiders. Nothing wrong with that, of course. But migration between the West and Asia is very unidirectional.

Old 07-29-2015, 04:57 AM

4,658 posts, read 3,656,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
Economics is boring as ****. This textbook would be slightly easier to put up with if the author wasn't a biased prick.
Is your teacher biased too?

Old 07-29-2015, 05:07 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,520,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Of course it's limiting. That's the whole point. What's wrong with that anyway? That's what US immigration policy was like before 1965, and it was intended to prevent demographic transformation. Speaking of Japan, Korea, that's kind of like my ideal society. I hate this rootless, cosmopolitan mess we have today, which only ever gets worse. I like insular societies.

As for your suggestions.. Russia... sure, in small numbers. Maybe you think Russia isn't European, but that's incorrect, so I wasn't implying I was against all Russian immigration.

Latin America- in general, no. Easier to just bar all immigration from there. But in specific cases (e.g., from Argentina, Uruguay...), I would be okay with it.

China, Japan, Korea- Absolutely not. I am completely against immigration from these countries. They're pretty insular, by the way. They don't tend to let in outsiders. Nothing wrong with that, of course. But migration between the West and Asia is very unidirectional.
If I had my way, I'd keep the door wide open for Asians - the reason being is that they're a smart people. We need brains in this country, and that's a great source. We have a lot of Koreans here in Atlanta, and I certainly don't have a problem with them. They tend not to have a lot of kids, nor do they use social services that much - they're very much a positive economic gain for the US.

I also think we should allow unlimited immigration from all other English-speaking countries, if they agree to do the same. Get the smart people from over there to here (so they can make more money) and offload our sick people to those countries (so they can take advantage of their health care systems.) Sounds pretty peachy to me!

Old 07-29-2015, 05:48 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,520,230 times
Having a difficult time not being depressed. I just read a post on a weather forum that the long range GFS is looking a lot like August 2007 - the worst month of my life.

Since I've made my plans already, I'm locked into staying put for the next 3 weeks - it's gonna be a wonder if I don't go completely insane.

I've gotta give some serious thought about what I'm gonna do next summer (since moving just isn't in the cards for a while yet.) Maybe find some short-term accommodations in the Keweenaw or something - some place I can ride out the whole summer in. This thing of getting away a week here, 2 weeks there just isn't cutting it - it's leaving far too many weeks on the table down here in the heat. If I can't move, I'll just have to settle for the next best thing - get away for the summer. It's either that, or a one-way trip to the crazy house.

And if this summer's bad, I dread to think what's next summer will be like - since nasty summers tend to run in 3's, with the middle one being the worst.

Damn, I feel blue today - summer just sucks to beat the band.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
If I had my way, I'd keep the door wide open for Asians - the reason being is that they're a smart people. We need brains in this country, and that's a great source. We have a lot of Koreans here in Atlanta, and I certainly don't have a problem with them. They tend not to have a lot of kids, nor do they use social services that much - they're very much a positive economic gain for the US.
I very strongly disagree. All they do is replace us. When they start businesses here, they tend to hire their own. We have no need for them. Their introduction to our lands only leads to more rootlessness.

They can come here to visit. Alaska is a common destination for Japanese tourists. But at the end of the day, they have their own lands, and we have ours, and I'm in favor of keeping it that way.

Old 07-29-2015, 06:38 AM

7,668 posts, read 5,259,670 times
Feeling cozy

Old 07-29-2015, 07:02 AM

Where are you?

Old 07-29-2015, 07:03 AM

7,668 posts, read 5,259,670 times
Over the ocean

Old 07-29-2015, 07:04 AM

Cool, have fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather