Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2015, 01:26 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Lol. I can easily believe that. Though I tend to be really generous, regardless if I get a hot waitress or not. I find it stupid when guys tip a waitress higher simply because they think she's flirting with them lol. Way to fall for her trick, genius.
agreed. it's dumb. like when guys give girls free stuff - yeah, because giving them free stuff will make them sleep with you. morons.

Old 08-03-2015, 01:28 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,357,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
agreed. it's dumb. like when guys give girls free stuff - yeah, because giving them free stuff will make them sleep with you. morons.
Haha, exactly. And when I don't do that BS they think I'm gay lol. I'm not gay, I'm just not a brainless idiot.

Old 08-03-2015, 02:36 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,427,121 times
I disagree... in most cases, I don't think there's a realistic expectation that it'll lead to anything. It just feels good to do nice things for attractive people.

Old 08-03-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I disagree... in most cases, I don't think there's a realistic expectation that it'll lead to anything. It just feels good to do nice things for attractive people.
Why would it feel better to do it to someone attractive rather than not? The only thing I can think of when I would feel better about doing something for someone attractive is giving them my phone #.

Old 08-03-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Why would it feel better to do it to someone attractive rather than not? The only thing I can think of when I would feel better about doing something for someone attractive is giving them my phone #.
You're expecting a purely rational answer. I don't think there is one. Sure, rationally, we can say that. But our psychological motivations are not always rational. On an individual level, I don't think I can answer that question. However, on a collective level, it may confer certain benefits to the group. For example, if it increases the survival and/or reproductive success of members of a society who have certain desirable traits (such as attractiveness), it could make sense evolutionarily.

We have an innate drive to value beauty, I think. I, personally, would definitely feel more satisfied doing something nice for an attractive guy versus an unattractive one. I hardly think I'm alone in feeling this way. It's human nature.

Old 08-03-2015, 02:51 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,448,329 times
Quote:
If anything it would be the opposite, I feel an attractive person would already have special treatment often. Well, attractive women, anyway.

I understand what you're saying, I guess I'm just wired differently. I'd be more inclined to do something nice for someone who's nice rather than someone who's simply attractive. For all I know, I could do something nice for that hot girl and she turns out to be a total *****, versus an average looking girl who's sweet and nice. Would I rather bang the other chick? Sure, but that doesn't I'm more inclined to do something nice.

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
Quote:
I've never gotten that feeling, nor the desire, and I don't understand people who do. I do nice things for nice people. People who go around giving free stuff to pretty girls are putting themselves at a serious disadvantage in life.

Old 08-03-2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
If anything it would be the opposite, I feel an attractive person would already have special treatment often. Well, attractive women, anyway.
Huh? Yes, an attractive person would tend to get better treatment. That's my point. But you just said you thought it would be the opposite, so that's what has me confused.

Quote:
I understand what you're saying, I guess I'm just wired differently. I'd be more inclined to do something nice for someone who's nice rather than someone who's simply attractive. For all I know, I could do something nice for that hot girl and she turns out to be a total *****, versus an average looking girl who's sweet and nice. Would I rather bang the other chick? Sure, but that doesn't I'm more inclined to do something nice.
There are various reasons one may be inclined to do nice things for people. Attractiveness is one such reason. If the other person is nice, that's another reason.

Old 08-03-2015, 02:56 PM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Only 5 yrs on record had a colder first 7 months in Caribou and theres never been a colder period for Bangor.

https://twitter.com/NWSCaribou/statu...13418271682564
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather