Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2015, 03:38 PM

1,772 posts, read 1,504,324 times

Advertisements

it's a higly urbanized area here but you are never far away from the forest, even from Frankfurt's city centre. One advantage of a non-contiguous, spread out metro area with dense development within the suburbs/towns.

Old 08-07-2015, 03:40 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,452,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Cool!! I been wanting one of these!

Someone flew a drone over Southfield Park in Stamford, CT Jan 2014. This was before they started going crazy with all the buildings. You can see it on the left starting though. Crane is there. A Mini NYC coming.
Apparently some people in CT really hate drones.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YIGRRRcuvQw

Old 08-07-2015, 03:40 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar View Post
it's a higly urbanized area here but you are never far away from the forest, even from Frankfurt's city centre. One advantage of a non-contiguous, spread out metro area with dense development within the suburbs/towns.
Mind posting a photo or streetview of your neighborhood? Or one that's similar to yours?

Old 08-07-2015, 03:42 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,519,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Mine too.

Whoa. Didn't realize the conversation going on and I had posted this in the Photo thread. So will post here and delete that one since it fits in this conversation..

Cool!! I been wanting one of these!

Someone flew a drone over Southfield Park in Stamford, CT Jan 2014. This was before they started going crazy with all the buildings. You can see it on the left starting though. Crane is there. A Mini NYC coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zNIItEC3HQ

And here's East Norwalk which is 2 cities northeast of Stamford but only about 10 miles apart.

Neither reflect the area I'm in. I'm more denser with woods, much less homes around and wider roads.

Notice how tight the homes are with trees everywhere even being close to the coast..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVh1zwfslG0
Aren't drone vids the coolest? You should check out the ones on Iceland and Norway - you'll be blown away.

I foresee a possible new hobby in my future - and that's drone-flying.

Old 08-07-2015, 04:00 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,432,221 times
It's funny... at this time last year--hell, at time time two months ago--the words I love Donald Trump would have been just about the last thing I'd ever say. Well, I still wouldn't exactly say those words today (in a state of sobriety), but it's fair to say my position on him has shifted considerably towards that sentiment.

Old 08-07-2015, 04:04 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,363,072 times
Was about to go on a another bike ride today but 1.) looks like a big storm is headed here, lots of lightning and wind right now, not much rain so far. And 2.) My ass still hurts from the bike ride the other day....maybe I'll just go for a jog or something after the rain passes over.

Old 08-07-2015, 04:13 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
It's funny... at this time last year--hell, at time time two months ago--the words I love Donald Trump would have been just about the last thing I'd ever say. Well, I still wouldn't exactly say those words today (in a state of sobriety), but it's fair to say my position on him has shifted considerably towards that sentiment.
What if he turns out to be the Republican Ross Perot and runs as an Independent if he doesn't get nominated? Would you still love him then when he hands the collection over to Hillary?

Old 08-07-2015, 04:15 PM

1,772 posts, read 1,504,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Mind posting a photo or streetview of your neighborhood? Or one that's similar to yours?
I currently live in the old town district, which is not really representative for most neighbourhoods. I will take a picture of typical suburban development tomorrow.
Spoiler

Old 08-07-2015, 04:16 PM

83,515 posts, read 75,294,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
Apparently some people in CT really hate drones.
LMAO. Good. stupid kid. You don't do that at a beach. We're very big on privacy here but that's just plain stupid. So happy someone took their time and energy to stop that kid.

I have a big feeling those things will be banned soon by state or government. I mean people can be using it to spy on others backyards or see who's home or not.

Someone flew one over an airport. I believe it was a foggy day too. I believe they got caught after posting it youtube. I forget if they ended up making it a law now can't fly it over an airport.

Old 08-07-2015, 04:19 PM

2,257 posts, read 1,990,577 times
The academic year that arrives is my last year as a student in Ioannina. I am sad now. I don t want to end. I don t want to leave and lose my friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather