Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2015, 03:15 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

46,011 posts, read 53,149,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
Well, I've been in SE Michigan fora bit over 24 hours, and the weather has been been adhering to my wishes.

It was hot when I first arrived - high 80's, but t-storms rolled in and started cooling things down. Overnight, we had a good, soaking rain and this morning was nice and COOL. All day, it's been breezy and COOL. Ahhh.... Mid 70's is probably all we got to today, and tomorrow is supposed to be a stunner as well - staying in the 70's and dry - ahhh...
You're lucky, if you had come just a bit earlier it would have been hot and humid in Michigan. Mid 80s with a dewpoint in the high 60s here, supposed to cool down and be rainy and humid (dews mid to high 60s) till Tuesday. Cold front is stalling by us. Won't see blue sky till Tuesday, then humidity drops.

Old 08-20-2015, 03:21 PM

3,591 posts, read 2,674,230 times
^NorthStarDelight:

Kayaking sounds nice!

Don't know much about Michigan. Seems there are 9.9 mil people and it is made up of two peninsulas. The winters in Lansing was not as cold as I expected, coldest month mean is ca -5C, about 1C warmer than in Lillehammer for the same time period. Seems to be a lot of nature there. Are there mountains there?
This waterfall was nice: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michig...alls_upper.jpg

Old 08-20-2015, 03:24 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,498,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
You're lucky, if you had come just a bit earlier it would have been hot and humid in Michigan. Mid 80s with a dewpoint in the high 60s here, supposed to cool down and be rainy and humid (dews mid to high 60s) till Tuesday. Cold front is stalling by us. Won't see blue sky till Tuesday, then humidity drops.
Yeah, I knew I'd be cutting it close. Kinda hard to predict the weather over a month in advance...lol.

Tuesday is when I reach Syracuse - so that's more optimum timing there...lol.

So happy to be able to close out high summer on a such a great note - I feel so happy right now.

Old 08-20-2015, 03:28 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,498,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobsli View Post
^NorthStarDelight:

Kayaking sounds nice!

Don't know much about Michigan. Seems there are 9.9 mil people and it is made up of two peninsulas. The winters in Lansing was not as cold as I expected, coldest month mean is ca -5C, about 1C warmer than in Lillehammer for the same time period. Seems to be a lot of nature there. Are there mountains there?
This waterfall was nice: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michig...alls_upper.jpg
No mountains down here where I am - but in the UP they have some modest-sized ones. But who needs mountains when it's 75 F with low humidity...lol. And the breeze - oh, that feels so good.

Yes, lots of nature - parks all over the place - we did a 3-mile walk around a pond earlier, about 35 miles north of Detroit. Where I'm staying is about 15 miles to Detroit - different world between here and there though...lol.

Old 08-20-2015, 04:07 PM

83,275 posts, read 74,492,361 times
Sorry, just not doing well. Not sick.. just depressed and miserable. It's like I'm looking at this awesome Fall storm over the U.S/Canada with fall like temps and I can't even get excited. It's hitting me. I forgot what 80s and humidity is like here. The mugginess is definitely what I don't tolerate well. We were spoiled in June and 1st half of July. This was a reminder of how summer is. And there's no rain and there's not enough clouds to block the sun for long period during the day. I had to work outside and I was eating myself up inside. Even some folks in Maine are starting to get irritated at this pattern.

It's above normal because of the stupid trough in the middle of the U.S, we're getting the return flow. It's been like that today, yesterday, for weeks. Above normal, warm, muggy, sunny..

My only saving grace is knowing it's a season and it changes...just have to suffer through it till it does and sometimes it just f.e.e.l.s ... l.i.k.e.... f.o.r.e.v.e.r.

This beauty needs to be off the coast come October-March!

Old 08-20-2015, 04:13 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,306,647 times
Spent the last 3 hours working outside.....here were the conditions while I was it (from 13:53 to 16:53):

National Weather Service : Observed Weather for past 3 Days : Hollywood, North Perry Airport

Old 08-20-2015, 04:14 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,408,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
We were spoiled in June and 1st half of July. This was a reminder of how summer is.
You can say that again. Don't even want to think about weather now, it just makes me sick.

Old 08-20-2015, 04:38 PM

13,431 posts, read 8,967,980 times
The Tiger Mosquitoes have become resistant to the mozzie repellent

Old 08-20-2015, 04:57 PM

15,317 posts, read 17,143,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Somehow, I did manage to find a boyfriend once. I could have had many more if I weren't so picky. I would only date other white guys, but that alone doesn't limit my options too much. I've had black and Hispanic guys try to get with me, but I'm not into them.
Maybe you should go to a country western gay bar. There's one in NYC, but I don't know if it's good or not.

Old 08-20-2015, 05:22 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,306,647 times
This forum always seems to die down around this time for some reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather