Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2015, 06:47 PM

5,984 posts, read 3,454,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post

Btw, I'm thinking of adding a couple of hundred of inches of snow to my dream climate and dropping temps by 15-20 F in winter. What do you think?
I don't know about snj90, but I think you should do it.

Old 08-22-2015, 06:51 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,443,154 times
Quote:
Btw, I'm thinking of adding a couple of hundred of inches of snow to my dream climate and dropping temps by 15-20 F in winter. What do you think?
You know what I think. I'm sure there are a few, but I didn't meet anyone who loved our winters this winters. Definitely few were sad to see it end. I was telling people in March that we needed fresh snow for better snowshoeing. I did make good use of that snow. Was annoying to have to plan February hikes for when it was in the mid 20s and not too windy. Though at least the snow was reliable and non-slushy...

Old 08-22-2015, 06:57 PM

5,983 posts, read 4,274,951 times
In my new apartment now. This is weird...

Old 08-22-2015, 08:04 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,426,304 times
Just got back from the rodeo. Nice night for it. It certainly got pleasantly cool while I was there.

I don't know whether they have people tell them when they're visiting from abroad or whatever, but apparently they was a family from Denmark, one from Australia, one from Spain... the announcers pointed them out. And there were these ladies sitting behind us speaking Russian amongst themselves.

Quote:
I do too. He definitely spiced up the forum a bit.

I'm not sure what it looks like now. I like a lot of snow and snow events. I like a stable snow cover. But I wouldn't want the snow depth to be too ridiculous. Same goes for the extreme cold. It sounds like it may be overkill. I mean, I'd like to be able to hike in snow all winter long. (December through early April, at least).

Quote:
I wish I wasn't allergic to shrimp.
That sucks. I love shrimp.

Old 08-22-2015, 08:15 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,211,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
Warming up leftover gumbo tonight. Rice, shrimp, and sausage is quite filling.
Yum. I like having gumbo with chorizo (type of sausage).

Old 08-22-2015, 08:19 PM

One quite amazing Black Sabbath song, if you ask me. Seriously underrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO-3deOP-aE

Old 08-22-2015, 09:02 PM

659 posts, read 898,691 times
List 10 random/unusual things about yourself. I'm really bored and I'll go first.

If I was extremely rich I would wear new socks every day
I hate TV but I always have it on in the background when I'm home
I look at free stuff on Craigslist all the time but never get anything
I miss Target, Kohl's, JC Penney, and Dunkin Donuts hash browns
I'm ambidextrous and like to draw weird pictures with both hands at the same time
I did a lot of driving today with my mp3 player on random. A song ended at the exact time I reached each destination.
I just got a bunch of grey hairs. In the past year. I didn't have any before
I don't like eating with regular utensils (I prefer plastic). I can't stand anything metallic near my teeth.
I am in a better mood when daylight hours are short and the weather is cold. Reverse S.A.D.?
I have a phobia about going to the top floor of a building on an elevator. Just the top floor. Any other floor is fine.

Old 08-22-2015, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina311 View Post
List 10 random/unusual things about yourself. I'm really bored and I'll go first.

If I was extremely rich I would wear new socks every day
I hate TV but I always have it on in the background when I'm home
I look at free stuff on Craigslist all the time but never get anything
I miss Target, Kohl's, JC Penney, and Dunkin Donuts hash browns
I'm ambidextrous and like to draw weird pictures with both hands at the same time
I did a lot of driving today with my mp3 player on random. A song ended at the exact time I reached each destination.
I just got a bunch of grey hairs. In the past year. I didn't have any before
I don't like eating with regular utensils (I prefer plastic). I can't stand anything metallic near my teeth.
I am in a better mood when daylight hours are short and the weather is cold. Reverse S.A.D.?
I have a phobia about going to the top floor of a building on an elevator. Just the top floor. Any other floor is fine.
You're definitely not alone in liking colder weather here, LOL. I agree with you on that.

If I'm not watching t.v., I hate having it on in the background. Nowadays I hate actively watching it most of the time anyway.

Old 08-22-2015, 09:36 PM

659 posts, read 898,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
You're definitely not alone in liking colder weather here, LOL. I agree with you on that.

If I'm not watching t.v., I hate having it on in the background. Nowadays I hate actively watching it most of the time anyway.
That's not 10 things

Old 08-22-2015, 09:38 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,320,206 times
I hate being repped for super old posts, it's a bit creepy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather