Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2015, 06:16 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times

Advertisements

LOL at the last 3 pages. And wtf, a houseboat, awesome! That sounds like you're gonna turn it into a man pad

Old 09-19-2015, 06:48 AM

881 posts, read 646,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
That's going to be a cool houseboat lol
oh yeah! Drink beer while watching Deadliest Catch while eating the incredible Wicked Wings the KFC here serves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
LOL at the last 3 pages. And wtf, a houseboat, awesome! That sounds like you're gonna turn it into a man pad
It's already a man pad in the making

Some pics of storms we had a couple days ago. Lots of lightning out of this. A few high based clear air bolts aswell.

Old 09-19-2015, 07:00 AM

2,257 posts, read 1,989,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
I had a date last night that went pretty awesome honestly now I'm just kind of ****ed up and doing everything necessary to not wake up hungover tomorrow. I'm chugging water like a MF right now. On weekends my sleeping schedule gets so ****ed up lol, but I adjust quickly....
Drink water and eat something.

Old 09-19-2015, 07:02 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,427,121 times
Fog cleared up midway down the shore. Now sunny & getting warm here in ocean city, NJ. Feels like a summer day. Uncrowded here.. easy to get parking... no idea why more people don't come to the shore in September... no lifeguards perhaps. Nice to have relatives with a house here too.

Old 09-19-2015, 07:22 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,950,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldfront Factory View Post
oh yeah! Drink beer while watching Deadliest Catch while eating the incredible Wicked Wings the KFC here serves.

Some pics of storms we had a couple days ago. Lots of lightning out of this. A few high based clear air bolts aswell.
Sounds like you've got it all figured out

Old 09-19-2015, 07:35 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,427,121 times
Here's my snack for the moment... tomato pie. Very delicious.

Old 09-19-2015, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Sounds like you've got it all figured out
Sure do mate! Next comes the TV antenna, onshore shed with Satellite dish and wireless NBN.

Fitting the new engines as the current ones are showing their age. They are a pair of Yamaha 9.9's high thrusts, they push this 13 tonne boat quite well, I clocked in at 7km/h. However, we were on a trip to the pump-out station when one of the motors died, so were left with one. That is when I decided it's best to get new engines. Still got between 5-5.5km/h on the single motor. For anyone asking, houseboats here are big and heavy pontoon boats, they are displacement hulls, not designed to get on the plane. Mine is a 13 tonne pontoon boat.

Will be replacing the engines with a pair of Yamaha 25 high thrusts, looking forward to it, brand new engines and a 150% increase in power

My parents boat was taken out by the current owners to be slipped today, it's a smaller boat, but not much smaller, it has a 30hp Mercury onboard and I have to say it is quite possibly the fastest houseboat on the river

Old 09-19-2015, 07:37 AM

2,688 posts, read 6,556,473 times
Quote:

That landscape is eerily beautiful man. Nice pics. Our French equivalent would be Camargue I guess.

Old 09-19-2015, 07:42 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,950,825 times
Quote:
Sure do mate! Next comes the TV antenna, onshore shed with Satellite dish and wireless NBN.

Fitting the new engines as the current ones are showing their age. They are a pair of Yamaha 9.9's high thrusts, they push this 13 tonne boat quite well, I clocked in at 7km/h. However, we were on a trip to the pump-out station when one of the motors died, so were left with one. That is when I decided it's best to get new engines. Still got between 5-5.5km/h on the single motor. For anyone asking, houseboats here are big and heavy pontoon boats, they are displacement hulls, not designed to get on the plane. Mine is a 13 tonne pontoon boat.

Will be replacing the engines with a pair of Yamaha 25 high thrusts, looking forward to it, brand new engines and a 150% increase in power

My parents boat was taken out by the current owners to be slipped today, it's a smaller boat, but not much smaller, it has a 30hp Mercury onboard and I have to say it is quite possibly the fastest houseboat on the river
I have no idea about any of that crap

How many houseboats are there along the river?

Old 09-19-2015, 07:51 AM

Quote:
I have no idea about any of that crap

How many houseboats are there along the river?
Stacks and stacks. High thrust motors are designed to push heavy vessels like houseboats. For example, the Yamaha 25 high thrusts which I purchased has 60% more thrust in forward and 70% more reverse thrust than a standard 25 outboard

Today on my houseboat: I had to go and take a crap this afternoon in town because my toilet is blocked for some ****en reason, but some mongoloid coated the bowl in diahhrea and there was no toilet paper. For ****s sake. I was left with no choice but to pick up about 6 bottles of drain cleaner and ample booze to get me high, so far the drain cleaner is yet to work.

My morning **** went much better, clean dunny with ample toilet paper. Roll on tomorrow morning. Have to take a dump early before all the fully sick dickholes get a hold of the public crappers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather