Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2016, 08:40 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,308,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Wouldn't have expected that you'd get a "spring green" look in April. Or really much of any seasonal change in vegetation.
Yes, trees lose their leaves here mostly because of dryness rather than temperature or daylight, though cooler than average winters see more of a change.

South FL, especially the inland suburbs, is more brown in winter than people think, though still far greener than actual seasonal climates though.

In a week or two, things will go from "light green" to more of a summer green.

The trees that most obviously go through seasonal changes are bald cypress. Right now they're all pretty much light green.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 09:43 PM

892 posts, read 851,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
I wasn't calling you a liar, just an incredible wimp.
Hypocrisy, hypocrisy.

Calling me a wimp for wearing a sweater today and yesterday is no different from me calling you fat because you find 80 degrees warm. It's about the same level of juvenile discourse, which I should add I haven't done nearly as much as you - you almost seemed to believe I was exaggerating when I pointed out many people around me on the Beach were even more dressed than me.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:50 PM

3,212 posts, read 3,153,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majami View Post
Hypocrisy, hypocrisy.

Calling me a wimp for wearing a sweater today and yesterday is no different from me calling you fat because you find 80 degrees warm. It's about the same level of juvenile discourse, which I should add I haven't done nearly as much as you - you almost seemed to believe I was exaggerating when I pointed out many people around me on the Beach were even more dressed than me.
I doubt that even the people in Singapore wear a sweater (for warmth) at 80F. Are you sure you're not exaggerating?

Old 04-06-2016, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrandNewWorld View Post
I doubt that even the people in Singapore wear a sweater (for warmth) at 80F. Are you sure you're not exaggerating?
Of course he is.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrandNewWorld View Post
Since no one believes me I will quote AJ:

Quote:
To be fair a good many people were walking around in winter attire (pants, jacket, scarf, etc) today when temps were in the mid-70's.
FYI, I did see someone with a scarf. Highest reading I saw today, 78F. 80F can be quite chilly with wind, cloud cover and low dew points.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Of course he is.
See, again. Juvenile behavior. I'm exaggerating for wearing a sweater? Then you're morbidly obese my friend.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:57 PM

Location: João Pessoa,Brazil(The easternmost point of Americas)
2,540 posts, read 1,992,684 times
Quote:
Yes, trees lose their leaves here mostly because of dryness rather than temperature or daylight, though cooler than average winters see more of a change.

South FL, especially the inland suburbs, is more brown in winter than people think, though still far greener than actual seasonal climates though.

In a week or two, things will go from "light green" to more of a summer green.

The trees that most obviously go through seasonal changes are bald cypress. Right now they're all pretty much light green.
You Even have winter.. how can a tree lose their leaves due to the cold? i think the Bald Cypress in your area lose mostly because the dryness..

Old 04-06-2016, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost-likin View Post
You Even have winter.. how can a tree lose their leaves due to the cold? i think the Bald Cypress in your area lose mostly because the dryness..
It could be the cold, after cold snaps I notice (especially mangroves) begin to get coloration and fall off. Some of it is probably due to shorter days, but I think a lot of it is due to cold snaps. We had almost 10" of rain this December, and 8" this January, numbers fitting for our rainy season and yet many trees did lose leaves.

Old 04-07-2016, 12:50 AM

11,642 posts, read 12,829,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majami View Post
See, again. Juvenile behavior. I'm exaggerating for wearing a sweater? Then you're morbidly obese my friend.
Dude, have you seen his profile page? He's got pictures of himself. He looks rather fit or "normal".

Old 04-07-2016, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
Dude, have you seen his profile page? He's got pictures of himself. He looks rather fit or "normal".
I know, I'm pretty hot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather