Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2015, 01:50 PM

3,574 posts, read 3,798,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobsli View Post
A few images from sunday last week. Was nice weather, like today. Notice how the fall colors up here at 400 m asl right next to Trondheim (it is in Trondheim municipality) are more brown and almost golden, compared to down in the city/close to the fjord. The plants up here are now fully prepared for winter.

Horizons. Notice fog in one valley.
excellent photos. norway really has natural beauty in abundance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 01:54 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,513,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
That's right, Atlanta has a Federal Prison. Or were those guys from local Prisons? I bet they were working there saying "damn folks who like nature!" lol

Can't wait to see pics of that fountain frozen.

Nice Sun Angle. Yeah.. wish the Earth would stay tilted like this all year round. Sadest thing to think that in 2.5mths the days will start to get longer.
Yeah, we have a Fed prison - those guys don't get to go outside much...lol.

The workers I saw were from Gwinnett County Corrections, which is famous for having inmates work the parks and roadsides - it's a pretty common sight at places like this.

Yeah, let's not get all negative about the progress of the seasons...lol. For me, summer's just ended, and it's gonna be a long time before I have to deal with nasty hot, humid weather again - that's all that matters.

Old 10-14-2015, 03:29 PM

3,600 posts, read 2,686,239 times
Quote:

Awesome!! Trees and stuff growing on the roof! They better not touch that structure! Love seeing stuff like this. And yeah, this pic was my favorite over the fog. Nice pics.
Thanks..
Turf roof was common here in the old days https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sod_roof and some new cabins have been built with it. Trees can destroy the roof if they let them grow.

Old 10-14-2015, 05:17 PM

29,465 posts, read 19,565,348 times
https://twitter.com/MikeHamernik/sta...44784752934912

Old 10-14-2015, 05:57 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,395,600 times
Quote:
Some pics from yesterday... You can see a lot more colors out there now. Oaks are changing too but from a distance hard to see. This is when you can really tell the differences between the hills and valley and immediate coast.

Uh oh. Do they know whats coming? Mmmmmmmm. Guess it's goodbye after Friday

Something you see a lot of in the Fall .. Pumpkin Patches!
darn those figs look so good. I have picked maybe 10 so far this year but plan on leaving the rest on till Sunday to get many more to be ripe. I expect at that time another 10 will be ripe and ready but with many smaller figs that aren't ready unfortunately. who knows maybe they will survive but it will be close. even If they do survive its almost end of October anyways even then there days are numbered and they probably would not survive more than another 2 weeks before a good frost/freeze gets them. but im hoping this Sunday doesn't get them this way it will buy the figs another week or 2 which would allow so many more to ripen.

Old 10-16-2015, 05:07 PM

83,450 posts, read 75,034,244 times
Almost forgot to pick them. Only low 40s tonight. It's tomorrow night and the night after that will be freezing

You can tell the Pepper plant is like I miss summer!

The one on the right is even blooming new flowers I can bring it in and save it but..... NO! lol

Old 10-16-2015, 05:19 PM

8,161 posts, read 8,717,611 times
You're so cruel.

Old 10-17-2015, 12:50 AM

1,759 posts, read 1,876,586 times
A wonderful -3°C morning. I wonder why leaves are hanging on for so long when we've had two weeks of regular freezes now.

Old 10-17-2015, 06:26 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,300,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guajara View Post
Some webcam photos out of the alps.

Heini-Klopfer-Skiflugschanze - Oberstdorf - Blick nach Nordosten - Foto-Webcam.eu

Berggasthof Wallackhaus - Heiligenblut - Blick nach Süden - Foto-Webcam.eu

Mölltaler Gletscher / Schareck - Blick nach Nordosten - Foto-Webcam.eu

Mölltaler Gletscher / Bergstation Panoramabahn Klühspies - Blick nach Nordosten - Foto-Webcam.eu

Kaprun Hochgebirgsstauseen - Mooserboden - Blick Richtung Wiesbachhorn - Foto-Webcam.eu

Buchau-Hütte am Gernkogel - St. Johann im Pongau - Blick nach Norden - Foto-Webcam.eu

Webcam Achensee Pertisau* » addicted Sports

Meilerhütte - Wetterstein - Blick nach Nordwesten zur Zugspitze - Foto-Webcam.eu

Gantkofel / Mt. Macaion - Blick über Bozen in die Dolomiten - Foto-Webcam.eu

Fellhornbahn Gipfelstation - Oberstdorf - Blick nach Südosten - Foto-Webcam.eu

Beautiful pics
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather