Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2015, 06:50 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,467,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhityk View Post
Drizzly, unsettled late afternoon today in Tartu, between 3:30pm and 4 pm, standard weather for this time of the year here.
You still got a few leaves left, maybe a bit more than us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 08:04 AM

1,772 posts, read 1,503,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Very pretty city. I liked the old streets section, too. Sadly, didn't get a chance to explore the Albaycin. Was there an event going on that night?
No special event I was aware of, people told me the place is that crowded every weekend.
I remember you posted Spain-photos in an old photo thread, but I didn't know you visited Granada. Very beautiful city and landscape indeed, I wouldn't like the dry climate and vegetation in the long run though.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:11 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar View Post
No special event I was aware of, people told me the place is that crowded every weekend.
I remember you posted Spain-photos in an old photo thread, but I didn't know you visited Granada. Very beautiful city and landscape indeed, wouldn't like the dry climate and vegetation in the long run though.
Vegetation is clearly from a drier climate but it doesn't look brown looks fairly bright green. Wow, didn't realize it averaged only 350 mm / year; that's more semi-arid than Mediterranean. I wonder if they got some rain recently? Autumn can be wet there, right?

I got a rainstorm, or rather rainclouds not much more than a few drops in Granada. Created an interesting sky:

//www.city-data.com/forum/weath...l#post36927338

Old 11-11-2015, 08:39 AM

83,511 posts, read 75,277,900 times
Helped a neighbor (75yrs old) split some wood. Chilly out there. 45°F

Only the Japanese Maples have their leaves still. Otherwise we are now 85% bare in this area. Some trees still hanging on to some leaves like you can see in the distance some yellow.. Even oak leaves are falling.

I have to stack this pile of wood on the right covered in Oak Leaves.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Helped a neighbor (75yrs old) split some wood. Chilly out there. 45°F
Yep. Here's what it looked like this morning:

Old 11-11-2015, 09:53 AM

old photos sitting on camera. This was from the morning of October 29. Morning temperature was 66°F, dewpoint 63°F; then warming and the humdity getting down below 60°F. Heavy rain the night before. Looks like a lot of color left, but I was purposefully picked spots with bright leaves. In town had more leaves left:

Remant storm clouds:

Clear the other direction

puddles left

saw this guy:

couple more:

Spoiler

nice sky

thought I had scared it. Nope.

Leaves are past peak

Outdoor sculpture in a farm with Mt. Tom as a backdrop

some more:

Spoiler

sun kept creating a glare. Felt very warm and the humidity unfamiliar. But low sun angle.

it's a pig

Back in town

Think this house has been subdivided into apartments

leaves left

old commercial street

out town up a small hill

The usual spot is mostly bare

more color here

close-up with nice color

Spoiler

the Connecticut River, looking north

looking south you can make out Mt. Tom in the background

Spoiler

With the leaves gone it's easier to see the river biking along the roads that run parallel to the river

nice waterfall

a smaller river. Wind had picked up late morning, strong headwind from the south, made the bike ride back slower. Chicopee reported a 31 mph gust.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:45 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,519,187 times
^^ Great pics, as always. Has anyone ever told you you live in a beautiful part of the country?

Alas, due to the abnormally heavy rainfall of the past few weeks, our color season has been a true bust this year. But that didn't stop me from doing an autumnal walking tour of Atlanta, which I've been planning to do for a while.

I had to drop my work van off at a repair place in town this morning (friend recommended) since the one here has closed due to "new development." So I walked from there to hook up with the northern extension of the BeltLine, which cut through Piedmont Park (the Central Park of Atlanta) and on down through the completed section of the BeltLine with a few detours along the way. I then went to downtown (rode the streetcar, finally - yay!) and capped my tour by riding up to the top of the Westin.

Enjoy.

Car wash near the repair place - talk about a fool's errand - waiting in line to get your car washed. Jeeze.

Walking through the in-town neighborhoods to get to the trail. Lots of trees and greenery even in "urban" Atlanta.

It's time to "eet mor chiKen." (yes, this was in somebody's front yard - NOT a business.)

The future section of the BeltLine trail. It was a challenge getting down to it - I had to cut through a golf course and go around a fence and up a bank to get to it. Urban adventure at its finest...lol.

This is the golf course I cut through (on a service street.)

Made it to the trail finally. Some of the artwork that's being displayed this fall.

This used to be a wasteland which is being converted to urban forest. I need to check back in about 20 years and see what it looks like then.

Heading into Piedmont Park.

I love how they "art up" the underpasses.

One of the green-breasted lawns of the Park. Gotta love the view of the skyline. I know it ain't New York, but still...

More underpass art.

Man, I would LOVE to have one of these plants - at this size. It'd be so awesome to feed it.

Looking back down the trail. This thing gets massively crowded on weekends, especially on fine winter days.

A true urban success story - the mighty Ponce City Market. I can't wait until they have the rooftop bar open - what a view that will be!

This photo is for Nei.

Ground floor of PCM.

I love, love, LOVE this sign.

It's a bit early, but I can't pass up a lunch at my new fave joint - the South's answer to In 'N Out Burger. Yum yum.

Leaving PCM and heading into Old Fourth Ward Park. This is another former wasteland that has been converted into a little slice of heaven. Water features galore - my favorite park feature.

How would you like to live in one of these apartments overlooking the park? Better be ready to shell out some bucks...lol.

I want one of these for my yard.

Isn't this a neat idea, or what?

Neat rainbow effect.

Looking back at the park. Lotta apartments next to it, most of them built in the past 10 years.

Yay! Some fall color.

Back on the BeltLine trail. What a fine day to be a walkin'.

I love murals. Both pics are the same building.

Technically, this is open to the public, but that mud...nah...lol.

An interesting detour on the way to downtown. Some sort of "studio" complex. I'm sure this was a grotty old building at one time - they've done a marvelous job of making this a cool place to have businesses.

This is what I rode through downtown - the new Atlanta Streetcar. This thing kicks some arse too...lol.

1970's modern at its best - the Westin Peachtree hotel - 73 stories high, baby. Normally they charge $8 to go up to the observation deck (if you're not drinking at the bar or eating at the restaurant,) but the attendant let me go up for free. (pics coming a bit later.)

Centennial Park, the heart of the 1996 Olympics.

The reward for that long elevator ride into the sky. What a view!

Anybody remember my pics atop Blood Mountain last month? That's it there in the distance. Cool, huh?

The revolving restaurant one level below. Costly? You bet...lol.

You never, I repeat, never, ever see traffic on the Connector this light. You just don't. Today must have been a special day...lol.

The Georgia Aquarium. Those poor whales. :/

70's kitsch at its finest, baby. I love it, I love it, I love it.

Soon to be the pride and joy of Atlanta - the new Taj Mahal, erm, stadium now under construction. What I'd give to be standing up here when they implode the old one next to it.

Aww, look at that wee Ferris Wheel way down there. Isn't that a cute little toy? Why people pay good money to ride that silly thing is beyond me - like waiting in line for a car wash. The mysteries of life...

Another view of the inside, up high. Gotta love it.

A crappy photo of Stone Mtn, 15 miles to the east. My battery was dying, so I couldn't take many more pics after this point.

I did manage to get a decent "vertigo" shot looking down.

And that's it.

Last edited by NorthStarDelight; 11-11-2015 at 02:16 PM..

Old 11-11-2015, 02:04 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,384,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
You still got a few leaves left, maybe a bit more than us.
Only a few trees have still a few leaves left, very few.
The very last one who have still their colour left are some of larches, they are all planted trees here, not natural.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:33 AM

83,511 posts, read 75,277,900 times
Uncovered from the leaves... Onions in Mid November? I guess thats what one of the warmest September and November does + leaves were acting like a blanket for them at nighttime.

Farmers and home growers love a warming globe. lol

Swiss Chard

Kale

Peppers I had brought inside during the hard freeze. Others left outside died.

All these on the deck were brought inside. Typically inside for good in October but have been outside.

These purple flowering plant comes up in late Spring. Someone show it a Calendar!

Old 11-13-2015, 03:06 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,923,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
^^ Great pics, as always. Has anyone ever told you you live in a beautiful part of the country?

Alas, due to the abnormally heavy rainfall of the past few weeks, our color season has been a true bust this year. But that didn't stop me from doing an autumnal walking tour of Atlanta, which I've been planning to do for a while.

I had to drop my work van off at a repair place in town this morning (friend recommended) since the one here has closed due to "new development." So I walked from there to hook up with the northern extension of the BeltLine, which cut through Piedmont Park (the Central Park of Atlanta) and on down through the completed section of the BeltLine with a few detours along the way. I then went to downtown (rode the streetcar, finally - yay!) and capped my tour by riding up to the top of the Westin.

Enjoy.

Car wash near the repair place - talk about a fool's errand - waiting in line to get your car washed. Jeeze.

Walking through the in-town neighborhoods to get to the trail. Lots of trees and greenery even in "urban" Atlanta.

It's time to "eet mor chiKen." (yes, this was in somebody's front yard - NOT a business.)

The future section of the BeltLine trail. It was a challenge getting down to it - I had to cut through a golf course and go around a fence and up a bank to get to it. Urban adventure at its finest...lol.

This is the golf course I cut through (on a service street.)

Made it to the trail finally. Some of the artwork that's being displayed this fall.

This used to be a wasteland which is being converted to urban forest. I need to check back in about 20 years and see what it looks like then.

Heading into Piedmont Park.

I love how they "art up" the underpasses.

One of the green-breasted lawns of the Park. Gotta love the view of the skyline. I know it ain't New York, but still...

More underpass art.

Man, I would LOVE to have one of these plants - at this size. It'd be so awesome to feed it.

Looking back down the trail. This thing gets massively crowded on weekends, especially on fine winter days.

A true urban success story - the mighty Ponce City Market. I can't wait until they have the rooftop bar open - what a view that will be!

This photo is for Nei.

Ground floor of PCM.

I love, love, LOVE this sign.

It's a bit early, but I can't pass up a lunch at my new fave joint - the South's answer to In 'N Out Burger. Yum yum.

Leaving PCM and heading into Old Fourth Ward Park. This is another former wasteland that has been converted into a little slice of heaven. Water features galore - my favorite park feature.

How would you like to live in one of these apartments overlooking the park? Better be ready to shell out some bucks...lol.

I want one of these for my yard.

Isn't this a neat idea, or what?

Neat rainbow effect.

Looking back at the park. Lotta apartments next to it, most of them built in the past 10 years.

Yay! Some fall color.

Back on the BeltLine trail. What a fine day to be a walkin'.

I love murals. Both pics are the same building.

Technically, this is open to the public, but that mud...nah...lol.

An interesting detour on the way to downtown. Some sort of "studio" complex. I'm sure this was a grotty old building at one time - they've done a marvelous job of making this a cool place to have businesses.

This is what I rode through downtown - the new Atlanta Streetcar. This thing kicks some arse too...lol.

1970's modern at its best - the Westin Peachtree hotel - 73 stories high, baby. Normally they charge $8 to go up to the observation deck (if you're not drinking at the bar or eating at the restaurant,) but the attendant let me go up for free. (pics coming a bit later.)

Centennial Park, the heart of the 1996 Olympics.

The reward for that long elevator ride into the sky. What a view!

Anybody remember my pics atop Blood Mountain last month? That's it there in the distance. Cool, huh?

The revolving restaurant one level below. Costly? You bet...lol.

You never, I repeat, never, ever see traffic on the Connector this light. You just don't. Today must have been a special day...lol.

The Georgia Aquarium. Those poor whales. :/

70's kitsch at its finest, baby. I love it, I love it, I love it.

Soon to be the pride and joy of Atlanta - the new Taj Mahal, erm, stadium now under construction. What I'd give to be standing up here when they implode the old one next to it.

Aww, look at that wee Ferris Wheel way down there. Isn't that a cute little toy? Why people pay good money to ride that silly thing is beyond me - like waiting in line for a car wash. The mysteries of life...

Another view of the inside, up high. Gotta love it.

A crappy photo of Stone Mtn, 15 miles to the east. My battery was dying, so I couldn't take many more pics after this point.

I did manage to get a decent "vertigo" shot looking down.

And that's it.

Very nice view of Atlanta thru the park and then way up high. Really nice. I have a friend he moved to Atlanta to be with his partner. They live in Buckhead and keep inviting me. What is the scene like there as far as nightlife, social life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather