Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2016, 12:25 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Other countries can decide for themselves. It is only a restaurant chain after all, not the latest type of aircraft carrier.
No, I completely oppose it. It's cultural degradation and represents the spread of a global monoculture. I don't see what aircraft carriers have to do with this. Actually, aircraft carriers sometimes change hands, and I don't see anything wrong with that in and of itself.

Old 02-28-2016, 01:03 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,409,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
Ahhh lightweight! I've had days where I've been up partying all night, then carried on through the morning. Have a little nap by the pool for an hour or two, then back on it all night again. A week or 10 days like this really do take it out of you though. Id take a week to recover fully I reckon. This was on lads holidays in Ibiza and Magaluf. Those days are long gone now! Married with a daughter, and another daughter on the way!

In fact I had a few pints in Shepherds Bush and Kentish Town last night, and I felt pretty drunk. I'm such a lightweight now!
I couldn't do that any more! The thought of drinking for 10 days straight when I was 18 sounded great, now it would just kill me!

Old 02-28-2016, 01:29 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Where is dunno what to put here?

Old 02-28-2016, 02:10 PM

753 posts, read 838,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
No, I completely oppose it. It's cultural degradation and represents the spread of a global monoculture.
So because somebody is born in a particular place at a particular time (which they had zero control over) they must live their lives as the other people at that place did before them, and they must never deviate or do things the way people from other places do, even if that's the way they'd prefer to live their lives?

Seems like an incredibly narrow view of society/the world with a serious fear of change behind it.

Old 02-28-2016, 02:11 PM

7,033 posts, read 4,954,632 times
Back to uni today. Goodbye life

Old 02-28-2016, 02:50 PM

44 posts, read 36,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Pm, unfortunately

Earliest I've ever started drinking before was 8:30am and that did not end up well, I don't think my liver ever recovered from that day
details man, I need details!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about.

We don't have even KFC in this country.
Well that crosses Finland off the list of potential places to live.

Old 02-28-2016, 02:54 PM

6,517 posts, read 5,816,870 times
Quote:
Could be a Chicagogeorge forecast.
"Chilly by the lake, but hotter than Satan's anus in my suburb"

Old 02-28-2016, 04:25 PM

5,983 posts, read 4,277,634 times
Holy ****, I just experienced one of the most frightening experiences of my life. My dad, who has post-traumatic amnesia, escaped from the rehab center and starting wandering around the streets of Fort Pierce. Luckily we found him after an hour of looking, but the rehab center said they can't legally force him to stay there. What the **** are we going to do now?

Old 02-28-2016, 04:57 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,407,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
Holy ****, I just experienced one of the most frightening experiences of my life. My dad, who has post-traumatic amnesia, escaped from the rehab center and starting wandering around the streets of Fort Pierce. Luckily we found him after an hour of looking, but the rehab center said they can't legally force him to stay there. What the **** are we going to do now?
Take care of him? I know you have school and stuff but do you have any older siblings? Trust me let one of your siblings take care of him, heck maybe not one of them alternate between each month, one month or day or week since you have school he stays with you if possible, and the next another one of your siblings. Trust me I know your situation is different but its best you and your siblings take care of your parents. I have been to the rest home, those poor people were left there by their kids to die. How would you feel if the last years of your living you where left at a rest home to spend your days doing nothing knowing your kids aren't taking the time to take care of you and make you happy like you once did for them....

Old 02-28-2016, 05:33 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,956,707 times
Quote:
Loooool
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather