Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2016, 10:31 AM

5,983 posts, read 4,275,292 times

Advertisements

My position is (-3.5, -3.5). Left-libertarian, though I don't consider myself much of a libertarian.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:33 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Actually, my position on this is the opposite of the PC one.

Political correctness is dying here as of late, and it's great to see. The controlled media's attempt to hurt Trump with Dr. David Duke's non-endorsement of him seems to have failed.
Yes, you'e more of a nanny stater

Old 03-02-2016, 10:37 AM

13,480 posts, read 9,020,662 times
Quote:
You can call him whatever you want for his opinions on immigration, but hypocritical is not one of them. Another thing that never ceases to amaze me is how so many on the left fail to distinguish illegal immigration from legal immigration.
Well he is a hypocrite... And the reason why Europe in particular is being flooded with illegal immigrants is because of the US & their "lap dogs"... If these countries hadn't been invaded in the first place for dubious reasons *cough* oil *cough* then they wouldn't need to flee their homes...

Old 03-02-2016, 10:42 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,427,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Well he is a hypocrite... And the reason why Europe in particular is being flooded with illegal immigrants is because of the US & their "lap dogs"... If these countries hadn't been invaded in the first place for dubious reasons *cough* oil *cough* then they wouldn't need to flee their homes...
Hillary Clinton is partly to blame for the mess. And no doubt putin is enjoying it. But it still wouldn't be possible without the fact that the borders are unprotected. Many are economic migrants anyway and obtain fake passports.

None of them should be admitted to Europe. But frankly, if they had to go somewhere, I'd rather it be the US than Europe. But the other countries in the Middle East should be taking more of them in.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:43 AM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,589,947 times
I am -2, 0 on the political compass.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Yes, you'e more of a nanny stater
That's laughable.

I think neoliberals are just as much of a problem as left-liberals. They view politics in a very black-and-white way, and notion of cultural protectionism is truly alien to them. It doesn't quite fit their usual paradigms, so they liken it to left-liberalism.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:53 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
Quote:

I think neoliberals are just as much of a problem as left-liberals. They view politics in a very black-and-white way, and notion of cultural protectionism is truly alien to them. It doesn't quite fit their usual paradigms, so they liken it to left-liberalism.
Your "ban the fast food chains" comment, is classic nanny statism.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Your "ban the fast food chains" comment, is classic nanny statism.
American fast food chains can stay in the US (or, more broadly, the Anglosphere) for all I care. I just don't think they should be exported elsewhere.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:02 AM

29,505 posts, read 19,602,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Syria was not invaded where the vast majority of migrants are coming from. They are in a civil war and many countries are supporting various elements in that war. If anything, Russia's recent involvement has escalated the migration out of Syria. Yes, Iraq and Afghanistan were invaded. Afghanistan maybe for good reason at the time. It was a ****hole then, it's no less a ****hole now. I would want to leave too. Iraq was invaded (unfortunately), but for oil? Maybe... But Maybe not. Securing the free flow of the world's most precious commodity at least make more sense than trying to impose democracy on people who have had no experience with it.

Do you blame the US for the other migrants flowing into Europe too?

Old 03-02-2016, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Syria was not invaded where the vast majority of migrants are coming from. They are in a civil war and many countries are supporting various elements in that war. If anything, Russia's recent involvement has escalated the migration out of Syria. Yes, Iraq and Afghanistan were invaded. Afghanistan maybe for good reason at the time. It was a ****hole then, it's no less a ****hole now. I would want to leave too. Iraq was invaded (unfortunately), but for oil? Maybe... But Maybe not. Securing the free flow of the world's most precious commodity at least make more sense than trying to impose democracy on people who have had no experience with it.

Do you blame the US for the other migrants flowing into Europe too?
(Emphasis added.)

Yes, I think part of putin's objective is to increase the population transfer from Syria to the EU to hurt the EU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather