Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2016, 12:18 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,585,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post

Radical Islam existed way before the 2003 invasion of Iraq. It's just that Saddam kept a lid on it through sheer brutal force. When we tried to "Democratize" Iraq, we saw that much of the population wanted a government based on religion. Just like the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. What happened next? The Egyptian military had to step in.

Mind you I'm not against immigration (I'm an immigrant), but we don't have to accept immigrants from countries that are either harboring anti western terror organizations or can't control those organizations. Are we truly at war with terror? The US didn't let in Germans, Japanese, or Italians during WWII.
Eh, Saddam won't have had any impact on Muslims in Europe. He ruled with an iron fist in Iraq - but that's only one country. He definitely didn't stop the 9/11 hijackers.

And I agree with Ariete, it's nice to have a civil discussion that doesn't descend into insults.

Old 03-25-2016, 12:52 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,816,870 times
Work day/night out today! I'm really looking forward to it, and it's gonna be the last time I can go out for a while too. We're starting at 13:00, but tbh I have no idea how I'm going to manage 12 hours+ of drinking.

Old 03-26-2016, 07:25 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
In the 2011 parliamentary elections and 2012 municipal elections when the True Finns had an strongly anti-immigrant agenda they did the worst in Helsinki, Espoo, Turku and Tampere. Most of the Southern and Southwestern coast was not good at all. The regions except Vantaa who has a proportionally "large" immigrant population. They did their best in regions like Eastern Karelia and Northeastern Finland, and inland Ostrobothnia, traditionally very working-class and except Ostrobothnia the poorest areas of Finland. Even I wouldn't live in those areas.

In the 2015 elections the True Finns pushed aside the anti-immigration thing and focused on populist "bloody elite" rhetoric, and did well also in the largest cities.
I made a map to represent the different areas of Finland:

Oh, and no football scores lately. Here's our starting XI against Poland tonight:

Hradecky - Eintracht Frankfurt (GER)
Arajuuri - Lech Poznan (POL)
Toivio - Molde (NOR)
Eremenko - CSKA Moscow (RUS)
Hetemaj - Chievo Verona (ITA)
Arkivuo - Häcken (SWE)
Sparv - Midtjylland (DEN)
Uronen - Genk (BEL)
Ring - Kaiserslautern (GER)
Pohjanpalo - Fortuna Düsseldorf (GER)
Hämäläinen - Legia Warsaw (POL)

Old 03-26-2016, 08:01 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,954,632 times
Quote:
I made a map to represent the different areas of Finland:

Oh, and no football scores lately. Here's our starting XI against Poland tonight:

Hradecky - Eintracht Frankfurt (GER)
Arajuuri - Lech Poznan (POL)
Toivio - Molde (NOR)
Eremenko - CSKA Moscow (RUS)
Hetemaj - Chievo Verona (ITA)
Arkivuo - Häcken (SWE)
Sparv - Midtjylland (DEN)
Uronen - Genk (BEL)
Ring - Kaiserslautern (GER)
Pohjanpalo - Fortuna Düsseldorf (GER)
Hämäläinen - Legia Warsaw (POL)
I have the different areas of australia here

Old 03-26-2016, 08:02 AM

330 posts, read 228,668 times
That's probably true lol.

Old 03-26-2016, 09:40 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
I bought a new Ukrainian vyshyvanka shirt that I'll probably wear tomorrow for the family's Easter get-together.

Old 03-26-2016, 11:41 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,364,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
I have the different areas of australia here
Lmao, nice map. I need to do one for the US.

Old 03-26-2016, 11:59 AM

5,706 posts, read 3,775,010 times
Meanwhile in Miami

Virginia Key Pier: 78F

Key Biscayne: 85F (1/2 mile inland)

Quite the difference.

Old 03-26-2016, 12:30 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Well, that match didn't give much memories for the future generations. Poland - Finland 5-0. Poland had like 8 chances on goal and did 5, all very beautiful but catastrophic errors by Finland's defence, though the last one was offside. Not really a good debut with the best players for new coach Hans Backe. The last time we got raped like this was on "the darkest ever day in June" in 2011 when Sweden crushed us with the same numbers. Before that to get a similar beating goes back to 1995 when we lost to Russia 0-6. Poland played really really well, so a big shoutout for them, completely a different team from what we saw in EURO 2012.

The Finnish commentator summarised it well: "oh, now when Poland has a comfortable 3-0 lead, they can sub the unproven youngster Lewandowski in to give it a shot".

On Tuesday against Norway I hope to see a completely different performance. So depressed and crushed now I think I'll skip the Germany - England game.

Old 03-26-2016, 12:52 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,409,250 times
Quote:
Well, that match didn't give much memories for the future generations. Poland - Finland 5-0. Poland had like 8 chances on goal and did 5, all very beautiful but catastrophic errors by Finland's defence, though the last one was offside. Not really a good debut with the best players for new coach Hans Backe. The last time we got raped like this was on "the darkest ever day in June" in 2011 when Sweden crushed us with the same numbers. Before that to get a similar beating goes back to 1995 when we lost to Russia 0-6. Poland played really really well, so a big shoutout for them, completely a different team from what we saw in EURO 2012.

The Finnish commentator summarised it well: "oh, now when Poland has a comfortable 3-0 lead, they can sub the unproven youngster Lewandowski in to give it a shot".

On Tuesday against Norway I hope to see a completely different performance. So depressed and crushed now I think I'll skip the Germany - England game.
Sorry but as soon as it was 2-0 I put £20 on over 3.5 goals and almost doubled my money, so it's been a successful afternoon for me!

I am excited for this Germany-England game.. Germany of course are firm favourites, but we are unbeaten in Germany since 1987 (somehow!) and we have some decent young players - Kane, Alli, Barkley, Sterling, and then Vardy, Sturridge etc.. it could be a good game. I have another bet on this one for over 2.5 goals, hopefully it won't dissapoint
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather