Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2015, 05:19 PM

881 posts, read 646,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
You're probably a reasonably intelligent man so I'm sure you're aware that eating and drinking excessively is bad for your health - you even concede that it results in lower life expectancy. Nobody is actually preventing you from doing whatever you want, whenever you want - that's entirely your choice - but there's no reason to pretend that what you're doing isn't detrimental to your body. I know people who eat too much, they know it's bad for them but they don't deny otherwise. They do it because they just want to.

You think not eating and drinking all the time means you never drink or become vegan, but that isn't true. Most people just eat everything in moderation. I had two slices of birthday cake today, but I don't do that every day. I had a bacon sandwich for breakfast yesterday, but I don't have bacon every day. ho
You don't need alcohol to enjoy yourself.

I drink alcohol nearly every day.. but I certainly don't get drunk every day.
I'll still drink and grill meat on the Weber and live merrily. I will not listen to those bullcrap arbitrary government and health nazi numbers which they pulled right out of their bung holes. I will live life my way and enjoy it as I see fit. I'll live and be happy and when I cark it, I'll cark it. The health nazi brigade that come up with these numbers and limits can lick my fat hairy ass like the furry cone of goodness it is.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:22 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,427,121 times
Quote:

I drink alcohol nearly every day.. but I certainly don't get drunk every day. I have a bottle of Asti in the fridge - I have a glass every day or every other day, or a bottle of Kopparberg cider instead. Depends on my mood. My grandmother's second husband died due to liver failure - he was a true alcoholic and was drunk every day, without fail, for 30 years. He was actually nice when he wasn't drunk and went out of his way to help people - but the drink ruined him. Completely ruined him.
That level of drinking (drunk every day for decades) is when liver cirrhosis certainly becomes possible among people without Hep C. But, quite literally, that's usually what it takes. And even then--I forget the exact statistic--but even the majority of people (without hep C) who drink at that level will not develop cirrhosis (a precursor to liver failure).

Me, I don't drink everyday. I don't see the point of drinking one beer a day, or every other day. I'd rather drink 3-4 beers or so 1-3 times a week, since I like the buzz.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:22 PM

Quote:

I drink alcohol nearly every day.. but I certainly don't get drunk every day. I have a bottle of Asti in the fridge - I have a glass every day or every other day, or a bottle of Kopparberg cider instead. Depends on my mood. My grandmother's second husband died due to liver failure - he was a true alcoholic and was drunk every day, without fail, for 30 years. He was actually nice when he wasn't drunk and went out of his way to help people - but the drink ruined him. Completely ruined him.
Waste of money. If you are not going to get high, then why on earth do you spend the money on alcohol? Just get a juice or Fanta for half the price.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:24 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,517,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldfront Factory View Post
I'll still drink and grill meat on the Weber and live merrily. I will not listen to those bullcrap arbitrary government and health nazi numbers which they pulled right out of their bung holes. I will live life my way and enjoy it as I see fit. I'll live and be happy and when I cark it, I'll cark it. The health nazi brigade that come up with these numbers and limits can lick my fat hairy ass like the furry cone of goodness it is.
This is one of these classic posts that make me go ROFL.

I'm still laughing - you're the best.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90
Me, I don't drink everyday. I don't see the point of drinking one beer a day, or every other day. I'd rather drink 3-4 beers or so 1-3 times a week, since I like the buzz.
This, This! Drinking one or two beers is a waste of money when a Fanta or juice will achieve the same effect for half the cash. When I drink, I drink to get high, otherwise why bother wasting the money?

Old 10-28-2015, 05:27 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,357,778 times
Count me in with the group that drinks to get ****faced. I love hanging with friends and laughing at stupid **** solely because I'm drunk, and drunk conversations are the best **** in the world.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:30 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,427,121 times
The pathophysiology of liver failure due to alcohol is really so fundamentally from the hepatotoxicity of something like tylenol/paracetamol. The latter is acutely toxic to your liver, unlike alcohol, meaning a single overdue of APAP could cause liver failure. Alcohol, on the other hand, can cause fatty liver and can harm your liver long-term (just like being obese, actually), but not via acute intoxication.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:38 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldfront Factory View Post
Great, but nobody is trying to stop you. Your anger is unjustified.

I don't drink juice or Fanta because I don't like juice or Fanta.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
****ing bogan
Who? Me?

If so, you can eat that comment for lunch because I have European blood coarsing through my veins, and my people invented drinking. Hungarians, Germans, and all those between are legendary drinkers. The pubs are open at 6am and people are already hitting the sauce. You can get booze from everywhere here, even the icecream shop. And the prices - such cheap beer does not exist on Earth as it does here. The other day I had a couple vodka shots with my icecream. My liver is made of iron, hardened by generations of legendary European drinkers.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Great, but nobody is trying to stop you. Your anger is unjustified.

I don't drink juice or Fanta because I don't like juice or Fanta.
What little respect I had for you has now officially gone to boredom hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather