Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2016, 04:34 AM

1,772 posts, read 1,503,304 times

Advertisements

Association Football, Tour de France and athletics.

Old 06-10-2016, 04:56 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,303,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausweatherman View Post
I'm an Eagles supporter lol! Poor Freo though they are really struggling indeed but they do have their best players injured!
It's also their play style, although Eagles (in my opinion) are overrated for the moment. They play well but 7th place reflects their real position on the ladder (just so you know I don't support anyone), it's not just away games, Eagles just don't look in great form for the moment, good but not great.

Old 06-10-2016, 05:28 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,319,964 times
I follow football and baseball and thats about it

Old 06-10-2016, 05:31 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,319,964 times
CONMEBOL leaders Uruguay got eliminated yesterday, by the worst team in South America. People from Europe don't realize how competitive South American football is, there are no easy matches for the top teams, not a single one

Old 06-10-2016, 07:40 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,448,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
what's wrong with this?
That's what I'm wondering.

Old 06-10-2016, 07:43 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times
Football is the only sport I regularly follow. I follow the national basketball team, but not the league or NBA. Snooker is fun to watch at times.

Old 06-10-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Well sorry for being off topic but I'm wondering what sports you guys like if you like sport at all?
My Favourite sport is: AFL - Aussie Football, Cricket and NFL!
NCAA basketball, NBA, NCAA football, NFL

Old 06-10-2016, 09:06 AM

1,772 posts, read 1,503,304 times
Default Privatizing key roles of the National Weather Service?

Just found this article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...0562&tid=ss_tw

Quote:
Bridenstine’s proposal would prohibit the National Weather Service from creating any new services if it is something that the private weather industry already does or could potentially do. That’s a broad statement in itself, but it also would require the Weather Service to “incorporate commercial solutions” into programs that already exist, meaning they would need to contract out some of the services that they already provide to private companies.

[...]

This proposal doesn’t suggest the Weather Service shouldn’t exist — just that it should hand over everything but the creation and management of key data to the private sector.
So no more official forecasts and warnings? Very bad idea imo.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:55 AM

26,874 posts, read 37,997,315 times
Quote:
Well sorry for being off topic but I'm wondering what sports you guys like if you like sport at all?

Here is what I watch and what I don't watch.

I probably watch hockey more than any other sport. Except for Montreal and Ottawa I only follow the NHL very casually. For example, the finals are wrapping up right now - I know who is playing and where they are at in the series but don't know many of the details. I like watching international hockey: world cup of hockey, IIHF, world juniors, Olympics.

I follow Canadian football (mostly Ottawa and Montreal in the CFL) and in MLS soccer it's only Montreal really.

I follow the NFL fairly casually. I may watch a regular season game occasionally if nothing else is on. I don't have a favourite club. I always watch the Super Bowl. The playoffs sometimes too.

I don't follow any association national football (soccer) leagues in Europe but I will follow the Champions League casually. I watched the final between the two Madrid clubs a few weeks ago. I follow the World Cup quite closely and will follow the Euro fairly closely as well.

I pay attention to tennis sometimes. Zero attention to golf.

Formula 1 is the only auto racing I pay any attention to. No NASCAR or Indy for me.

I pay some attention to the Tour de France.

I like AFL from Down Under (spent some time there) and also rugby isn't bad. I paid some attention to the rugby world cup last autumn.

I just love the Olympics even though I know they are rotten to the core as an organization. I'll watch almost anything if its part of the Olympics.

I don't watch basketball hardly at all. Not the NBA, not the American college games. I may watch an occasional American college football "bowl" game during the Christmas holidays.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I follow Canadian football (mostly Ottawa and Montreal in the CFL)

I follow the NFL fairly casually. I may watch a regular season game occasionally if nothing else is on. I don't have a favourite club. I always watch the Super Bowl. The playoffs sometimes too.
Do you prefer the Canadian or American version of the game? I know the CFL has some different rules although I've never watched a full game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather