Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2016, 03:58 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Don't forget he thinks all black people should have stayed in Africa, so unsurprising he cares not a jot about the innocent black Americans being shot by trigger happy cops...
Yes, this is true. Even the most ardent right-winger wouldn't associate themselves with that kind of mindset. It's crazy fringe stuff.

Old 07-08-2016, 03:59 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,427,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
It doesn't matter whether the cop was Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese, or look at these. The point is black lives are taken at a much higher rate than white lives by cops. The race of the cop doesn't matter - there's cops of all races that target black males, hell there's BLACK cops that target black males.
Well, I hate to say it, but you also have to look at who commits crime at a disproportional rate: black males within a certain age group. So yeah, black cops are probably wary of other blacks too.

Old 07-08-2016, 03:59 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,403,959 times
Quote:
He gets all arms in air when people mention Islamic terrorists, but wants to label this entire organization as a terrorist group. Talk about hypocrisy.
I'll retract the statements. My apologies, but the ideology and many of the members are pretty radical. I was heated and could have watched the words better. I guess I should know about being labeled.

Old 07-08-2016, 04:00 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,357,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Not true actually statistically more whites than blacks are killed by cops. I agree more black people will be targeted considering the crime rate is generally higher among that population, which leads to sticky and unfortunate situations. We need to address these issues and not just blame it on cops, let's start by addressing things at a social and community level, re train cops, address crime rate, and begin tackling things at there root. Retraining cops won't work alone, start by attacking crime rates in poorer neighborhoods, Foster good relations with cops, and denounce racism from both sides.

5 Statistics You Need To Know About Cops Killing Blacks | Daily Wire
Statistically simply because whites far outnumber blacks in terms of population, check the percentages. FFS, do some critical thinking.

Whites get killed TWICE as often, yet are five times the population. You don't see the issue?

11,326 posts, read 20,321,600 times
Quote:
I suppose I'm being to harsh, there has been lots of outpouring on Twitter supporting this attack from many black lives matter folks, but then the founder did denounce it. Out of touch with reality????
An outpouring of support? Lol. Okay.

Quote:
Look what they did in Baltimore, Ferguson, Chicago etc. They burnt down stores and cop cars, looted, 2 cops were killed in NYC in retaliation for Freddie gray, I think you need to look up stuff more and avoid just listening to one sided news.
Omg, they burned a store down and flipped a cop car. Forget the fact that people aren't allowed to grieve before their neighborhoods were occupied by militarized police. Well over 1,000 people were killed by police last year, and if you see nothing wrong with that, something's clearly wrong with you.

Quote:
Statistically simply because whites far outnumber blacks in terms of population, check the percentages. FFS, do some critical thinking.
Did you read it??? They address that in there

Old 07-08-2016, 04:01 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,427,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
You're ridiculous, An armed thug? Even if he was, which he wasn't, they had him pinned to the ground, and they still emptied the clip in him. Murder.

What does that have to do with anything? Police brutality isn't exclusive to white police officers.
The problem is it seems he was reaching for a gun. It is possible to pull a gun even while you are pinned to the ground.

Old 07-08-2016, 04:01 PM

13,480 posts, read 9,020,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Yes, this is true. Even the most ardent right-winger wouldn't associate themselves with that kind of mindset. It's crazy fringe stuff.
And he has problems with Hitler's "ethnic cleansing"...

Old 07-08-2016, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
An outpouring of support? Lol. Okay.

Omg, they burned a store down and flipped a cop car. Forget the fact that people aren't allowed to grieve before their neighborhoods were occupied by militarized police. Well over 1,000 people were killed by police last year, and if you see nothing wrong with that, something's clearly wrong with you.
I never said that's wrong, clearly something should be done. But seriously? You don't see burning down people's livelihoods, destroying public property and disrupting life I in general as wrong????

Old 07-08-2016, 04:03 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,357,778 times
Quote:
Did you read it??? They address that in there
I'm talking proportionally to the population, not % wise on it's own. Use some common sense. There's five times the white population the U.S. yet are only killed twice as often. That's 2.5 times less likely than a black victim. Simple math.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather