Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 09:49 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,961,017 times

Advertisements

what would happen if it was a really,snowy day in pux-whatever it's called, pa and the groundhog couldn't see his shadow? would they still predict an early spring even IF it was really,cold and snowy that day, just because the groundhog couldn't see his shadow?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 10:00 PM

11 posts, read 23,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
what would happen if it was a really,snowy day in pux-whatever it's called, pa and the groundhog couldn't see his shadow? would they still predict an early spring even IF it was really,cold and snowy that day, just because the groundhog couldn't see his shadow?
Yes, i believe that they will predict an early spring even if that happens.

Old 02-03-2008, 08:28 AM

9,589 posts, read 27,808,501 times
Remember, this is a GERMAN tradition, and both Georgia and North Carolina are a lot warmer and sunnier than Germany.

NC especially is a sunny place as your cloudiest time of year (mid-winter)around Charlotte only has an average of 50% cloud cover, versus like 75% cloud cover where I live.

From what I've heard, I hear that spring NORMALLY starts in late February in central NC anyways.

Even in a colder year I hear it's always spring before the calendar says it's spring that far south, versus Toronto where it's always still winter on the first official day of Spring! (One of the reasons I want to live there)

Old 02-04-2008, 03:30 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
I think Punxatawny-Phil is large enough to make two nice winter hats from...
Wanna help me, Jammie?
You guys can send him down to Texas. I really, really hope we see 6 more weeks of winter down here. As I type this, it is about 80 degrees out here in Dallas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather