Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2016, 09:44 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,865,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckG2008 View Post
I'm guessing the green blob may be LaGuardia airport lol

You do realize the big blue area in southern NJ is because of the very sandy soil and strong radiational cooling in the Pine Barrens of the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 09:45 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,865,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Amazing? Nah.. no surprise. Frost advisory here and NYC will be near 50°F. LMAO

...FROST ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 7 AM EDT
THURSDAY...

* TEMPERATURES...FALLING INTO THE LOWER TO MID 30S.

* TIMING...LATE TONIGHT INTO EARLY THURSDAY MORNING.

* IMPACTS...SENSITIVE PLANTS COULD BE DAMAGED OR KILLED IF NOT
PROTECTED OR BROUGHT INSIDE.

Low temp forecast tonight.

Which UHI is bigger? DC, Baltimore, Philly or NYC?

Closeup.. I wont even comment on that green blob. lol

Any comments on the extreme warmth in the PNW, or you prefer to focus in on a frost advisory for southern NJ?

Old 04-21-2016, 03:49 AM

29,415 posts, read 19,502,629 times
Kind of an up and down pattern the next seven days. Pretty typical for April.

Strong south winds ahead of powerful weekend spring storm could be the ticket to an 80° Sunday here; Thursday

This pattern would be a good start to May

Last edited by chicagogeorge; 04-21-2016 at 03:59 AM..

Old 04-21-2016, 04:19 AM

83,338 posts, read 74,699,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Any comments on the extreme warmth in the PNW, or you prefer to focus in on a frost advisory for southern NJ?
A bit trollish, don't you think?

1. Where did I mention Southern NJ?
2. You know I live in this region, not the PNW.
3. Constant warmth bores the living daylights out of me. I could care less about it but I did mention the hot 80s in southern Indiana yesterday so go figure.
4. I don't get paid to post or look at weather stuff
5. I ignore Florida and Western U.S the most due to #2, #3, & #4 ..
6. You ignore all snow falling in Philly and that's where you live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Btw, the biggest change in leaf cover was right around the NY State / Connecticut border. Not much difference between here and Fairfield County on the Meritt.
Oh yeah, I travel that area a lot and I see it. It's pretty fascinating. And same when it snows, there could 3" in Greenwich and barely anything just over the border. I swear it's like an invisible wall is there blocking things.

I think what's more surprising is that there isn't much difference between here and there.
How can here and 20 miles south of me have a big difference but here and 95 miles north of me be about the same? Valley & Coast similarities?

==================

Current Temps. Only 41° here. No frost. But 30s minutes north of me. Eastern Long Island stayed a bit warmer then forecast.

Oh, and check out the Heat island of Philly & NYC. Looks like some 30s surrounds them even to the NJ coast.

Clouds keeping Pittsburgh warm.

Old 04-21-2016, 04:34 AM

This weekend. That Upper Low finally broke down after days! I guess it's goodbye to endless days Blue skies here? Jet stream is able to push south now so northern tier stays cool, cloudy under the jet.

Crazy month for Minneapolis. Highs in the 30s and 40s for a week straight, then highs in the 70s for a week. It's like pick a season!

Old 04-21-2016, 05:37 AM

592 posts, read 457,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
You do realize the big blue area in southern NJ is because of the very sandy soil and strong radiational cooling in the Pine Barrens of the area.
Oh yeah, I knew that. It is really fascinating, many times they can manage to be even colder than those of us near 500 feet in the far northern PA suburbs. Like this morning, it's 42 here in Doylestown, and yet it's in the 30s in the Pine Barrens!

Old 04-21-2016, 06:09 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,264,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Oh yeah, I travel that area a lot and I see it. It's pretty fascinating. And same when it snows, there could 3" in Greenwich and barely anything just over the border. I swear it's like an invisible wall is there blocking things.

I think what's more surprising is that there isn't much difference between here and there.
How can here and 20 miles south of me have a big difference but here and 95 miles north of me be about the same? Valley & Coast similarities?
You're entering a subtropical climate at the NY border lol.

Old 04-21-2016, 07:10 AM

Severe weather next week?

https://twitter.com/GenscapeWx/statu...22420316405760

Old 04-21-2016, 07:11 AM

Looking good for warm weather to start off May

https://twitter.com/GenscapeWx/statu...21403659046912

Though this projected rainfall might kill our chances of extreme heat at least early on in the summer (wet soils are not conducive for very high temps).

Old 04-21-2016, 08:53 AM

Ummm, has anyone noticed?

9 days in a row with blue skies and sun. No more April showers?

As I always say .. one minute we're saying "Enough with the rain and clouds!", next minute we're saying "We need rain".

But bless this weather.

Lets look at an animation of 1 Satellite image from each day Wednesday April 13th to yesterday April 20th from the Hi-Res Satellite image history with this site.

The only clouds we really had was Tuesday the 19th but they cleared out in the morning and it became sunny the rest of the day.

But this is just an amazing stretch of Sunny days. Today is not included with this animation.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather