Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2016, 04:31 PM

29,522 posts, read 19,616,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Yeah seems like a cut off low for you. I'm actually going to be under a ridge?! About time!

But then by the end of the month, the Euro has a warm up for you as well

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 04:33 PM

2,850 posts, read 1,970,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Honestly, I'm just laughing at this crazy patten. Even though I'm a cold weather fan, I wanted a warm December in 2015 just to set some records. Now, I don't mind the cooler weather, so I'm curious as to how many cold records can be set in the East.

The current local forecast has no 80s until next Tuesday; I wonder if it will verify.

Old 05-17-2016, 04:42 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,325,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srfoskey View Post
Honestly, I'm just laughing at this crazy patten. Even though I'm a cold weather fan, I wanted a warm December in 2015 just to set some records. Now, I don't mind the cooler weather, so I'm curious as to how many cold records can be set in the East.

The current local forecast has no 80s until next Tuesday; I wonder if it will verify.
I would rather get a short and sweet super cold weekend as opposed to week after week of 50 degree **** think of it this way, would you rather one shot of straight vodka and be done with it, or have to drink it slowly and taste every drop of it? I would rather just take the entire shot at once and be done with it as opposed to the second option

Old 05-17-2016, 04:48 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,406,867 times
Quote:

I'm sick of it tbh. 60s when my average high is 80?????????? that's like 30s in January when the average is 50. We will eventually get roasted, and when we do I want it to really be record breaking. I want the center of all the warmth to specifically be in upstate new York and new England with +10 monthly anomalies. 90s in the forecast for next week also. Bring it on, there already late. Weatherman said temps back to 80s on Tuesday also which is normal for this time of year. Anomalies this deeply negative are not common in may.

Old 05-17-2016, 04:48 PM

83,515 posts, read 75,294,816 times
Quote:
I'm curious as to how many cold records can be set in the East.

Doesnt feel like I should be checking yet but I bet we'll find something interesting soon like lack of 80s somewhere?

Funny, I was more nervous about Summer last year but my batteries were so charged up from the February and March I was ready. This year my batteries were drained but these clouds, cool, and precip days are giving me hope I can get through summer. Lol

Old 05-17-2016, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Yeah seems like a cut off low for you. I'm actually going to be under a ridge?! About time!

But then by the end of the month, the Euro has a warm up for you as well
sad looking warm spell compared to the vicious cold weather the northeast has had.

Old 05-17-2016, 05:04 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
We might be on the edge of the cut-off low? For us, Saturday is forecast to be cloudy, Sunday sunny.

Old 05-17-2016, 05:14 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,325,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
I'm sick of it tbh. 60s when my average high is 80?????????? that's like 30s in January when the average is 50. We will eventually get roasted, and when we do I want it to really be record breaking. I want the center of all the warmth to specifically be in upstate new York and new England with +10 monthly anomalies. 90s in the forecast for next week also. Bring it on, there already late. Weatherman said temps back to 80s on Tuesday also which is normal for this time of year. Anomalies this deeply negative are not common in may.
We're running at -4.3 so far, which is MASSIVE for this time of year. In February this would easily be like 10-12 degrees below average. Awww I hope it will be warm in Raleigh too, you guys deserve it!

Old 05-17-2016, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
We're running at -4.3 so far, which is MASSIVE for this time of year. In February this would easily be like 10-12 degrees below average. Awww I hope it will be warm in Raleigh too, you guys deserve it!
lol its warm here, that's why I am holding on! just very below average. you are the one who needs the warmth! I am waiting for the table to flip and we are stuck in a 3 year warm pattern with posts by people who are flabbergasted at how warm the east has been lol. Where you moving after you graduate from college? I know you will try hard to leave NY, try to get a job in Georgia or NC and SC if you plan on staying in the states or just aim high for Argentina which is where you want to be!

Ironically Argentina has been running very below average like here lol. Buenos Aires has an average high of roughly 20c in may yet they haven't even touched 20c! Nice to know we aren't suffering alone. Everyone east of the Mississippi is deserving of some serious warmth!

Old 05-17-2016, 05:47 PM

83,515 posts, read 75,294,816 times
Is it Tropical or a NorEaster. Getting interesting. Im gonna have to check the models multiple times a day now.

Horrrible start for garden. Remember I said May is the crucial month? Ugh. Clouds, rain now coastal storms starting??

https://twitter.com/hurrtrackerapp/s...17032999915520
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather