Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2016, 01:51 PM

83,355 posts, read 74,779,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
2 strong small cells formed in Southern Illinois heading for you. Couple hours away though I think.
Those 2 cells now have a Tornado warning on them and more cells developed ahead of it but look to be staying north of you (closer to the front). Get your camera ready.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 01:59 PM

11,556 posts, read 9,283,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost-likin View Post
I dont know why yours guy sometimes say that its very cool,or are having a cool summers,its even good,at yours latitude in Southern Hemisphere temperatures like that would be called as Heat Wave.
Summers in the eastern US are very warm usually, even all the way up to Boston you get Wark summers. If anything then to the south of Raleigh the summers are too warm, almost like something you would see in Manaus. Personally I think places like Fort Lauderdale get more oppressive heat than anywhere in Brazil or South America as a while

Old 06-23-2016, 02:04 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,423,429 times
Quote:
Those 2 cells now have a Tornado warning on them and more cells developed ahead of it but look to be staying north of you (closer to the front). Get your camera ready.
Look at the explosion

Old 06-23-2016, 02:04 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

46,009 posts, read 53,262,798 times
Quote:
Looks like you may have gotten some clouds that moved in after that post but still should be scattered north of there.

I got clouds all day so far but looks like parts of CT has been seeing the sun.

Temp, Radar and Satellite loop past 4hrs (9:30am-1:30pm)

What happened to all that rain from this morning? lol. Watch it evaporate as it crosses further into Virginia

BTW - Dewpoints are in the 50s here but are in the 60s under that front over PA and NJ

STAY THERE FRONT. STAY THERE!!
It got a bit hazy and I could see clouds in the distance late morning. But then the blue sky returned.

Quote:

I'll need to do a graph soon of this June.
Would be interested in the graph... Chicopee if possible.

Our overall June average has been slightly above average; first week was warm for early June. And the days of the last week haven't been cool... all low to mid 80s, but the nights cool. At home, I've had windows open and indoor temperatures have been cool-ish mornings and evenings. Last two mornings have had lows in the mid 40s.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:21 PM

29,429 posts, read 19,515,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
Seems like everywhere is having above average summers apart from us, where it's below.
Didn't your Met Office say otherwise? Though there is plenty of summer left for things to turn around for you.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:25 PM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,557,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Didn't your Met Office say otherwise? Though there is plenty of summer left for things to turn around for you.
I look forward to the hottest August on record then, if we are to have a summer 1c above normal. This month will close below average, the first week of July looks to be 3-4c below, and there's no sign of any change back to normal settled conditions.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:26 PM

8,161 posts, read 8,703,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Personally I think places like Fort Lauderdale get more oppressive heat than anywhere in Brazil or South America as a while
That's a bold statement. First is a bit hotter and has higher dew points. Second is significantly hotter and has similar dews (and is in Brazil!).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maracaibo#Climate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teresina#Climate

Anyhow, south FL has some sort of a cool season, while places like lowland Venezuela are a steambath year round.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:48 PM

6,517 posts, read 5,800,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
I look forward to the hottest August on record then, if we are to have a summer 1c above normal. This month will close below average, the first week of July looks to be 3-4c below, and there's no sign of any change back to normal settled conditions.
The first week of July looks like it averages just over 20C in the forecast, and your average for early July is what, 22C? Hardly "3-4C below" is it?

I know what you mean though, we certainly deserve some settled, sunny and warm weather. 3 nice days, then a week or two if crap is getting pretty old now.

Old 06-23-2016, 03:01 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,326,230 times
105-110 F heat index values across western TN, NE Arkansas and SE Missouri today!

Here are some OBS. As you can see pretty hot and humid.

National Weather Service : Observations : 4 Miles WNW Memphis TN

Old 06-23-2016, 03:11 PM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,557,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
The first week of July looks like it averages just over 20C in the forecast, and your average for early July is what, 22C? Hardly "3-4C below" is it?

I know what you mean though, we certainly deserve some settled, sunny and warm weather. 3 nice days, then a week or two if crap is getting pretty old now.
The average high in the first week of July is about 22.5-23.0c. Some forecasts are even suggesting a high of only 17c for the start of July. That's more like a low than a high!

We can't seem to have a normal summer any more. It should be under the Azores high influence; partly cloudy and 22-25c as standard.

My new prediction for the rest of this summer, though I hope I'm wrong.

July: 22/13c, 85mm, 170 hrs sun.
August: 21c/14c, 70mm, 140 hrs sun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather