Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2016, 07:34 AM

83,497 posts, read 75,223,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Already feels awful out. Can't walk a few city blocks in Philadelphia without sweating a ton.
Went running this morning.. All I can say is... Thank God for Trees!! People who live in unshaded treeless areas are insane. Time to be a Mannequin now. DONT MOVE!

I foresee my future......

Start watching videos I made of the snowstorms we recently had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 07:42 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,447,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
So how come I don't see these alerts outside this region when its hot and humid??
Because you don't check alerts for Louisville.

Quote:
Warm morning out there already... You can feel its gonna be a hot day. Wow.
Our dews are higher, but it looks like you'll be a bit hotter this afternoon.

Old 07-06-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat15 View Post
Because you don't check alerts for Louisville..
No air quality alert today and it supposed to feel like 100 there.

Look at the alerts map I posted. Look at where the air alerts are. That's not the only spot its going to feel like 90s and 100s. So again, why is this region the only area with the alerts. I truly want a scientific explanation or is it simply this I-95 corridor is disgustingly over populated and polluted??

Look at all those hot, humid and hazy areas of the U.S. None have air quality alerts except here.

CONUS NDFD GIS Graphics

Intellicast - Local Weather Forecast, Reports and Maps

Old 07-06-2016, 07:59 AM

Quote:

Look at the alerts map I posted. Look at where the air alerts are. That's not the only spot its going to feel like 90s and 100s. So again, why is this region the only area with the alerts. I truly want a scientific explanation or is it simply this I-95 corridor is disgustingly over populated and polluted??

Look at all those hot, humid and hazy areas of the U.S. None have air quality alerts except here.

CONUS NDFD GIS Graphics

Intellicast - Local Weather Forecast, Reports and Maps
Can you see archives of that? In June it seemed like every day almost they had an air quality alert in Louisville area, even some days when it wasn't hot and humid.

Old 07-06-2016, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Can you see archives of that? In June it seemed like every day almost they had an air quality alert in Louisville area, even some days when it wasn't hot and humid.
I think there is a way but its lazy days for me. Im not disagreeing with you, but thats more localized.. Im talking about widespread region wide. I never see SW, southern Plains, mid west, Southeast (sometimes I think) but almost like clockwork HHH = air quality crap here

Old 07-06-2016, 08:09 AM

Quote:
I think there is a way but its lazy days for me. Im not disagreeing with you, but thats more localized.. Im talking about widespread region wide. I never see SW, southern Plains, mid west, Southeast (sometimes I think) but almost like clockwork HHH = air quality crap here
Like you say, it's the most over-populated and polluted area. I bet that's all there is to it. Atlanta seems to have it quite a bit as well, but other less urban areas of the southeast rarely do.

Old 07-06-2016, 10:18 AM

12pm Heat index.

Dew points.

Old 07-06-2016, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Like you say, it's the most over-populated and polluted area. I bet that's all there is to it. Atlanta seems to have it quite a bit as well, but other less urban areas of the southeast rarely do.
Link from NWS State College regarding the Air Quality. Good stuff in it

NWS State College PA Air Quality Program

Good post from CT Weather thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilton2ParkAve View Post
The data is out there at https://airnow.gov/index.cfm?action=...6810&submit=Go

Unfortunately not every town is captured but Westport, Bridgeport and Danbury are reported for FFC. Despite the county-level warning, (and as I predicted) there is wide disparity between BPT and the suburbs.

As of 11am the AQI index is the following:

FFC Predicted levels of 140 (Unhealthy for sensitive groups)

BPT 59
Danbury 38
Westport 24

Old 07-06-2016, 10:24 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,443,154 times
Quote:

Its the population; we get them often, it's from pollution drifting from the coast. We're not the only region but it happens more often than most at the same temperatures & humidity. With a dry northwest airflow, even NYC air stays clean (last August). I wonder if air quality reports are archived to check if the air quality was actually good or if I just wasn't bothered by the pollution and assummed clear sky = clean:

Old 07-06-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Tornado in Kentucky?
Indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vGvSOwcG_k
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather