Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How awesome is Caracas's climate? (specifically the wikipedia statistics)
so awesome it breaks the rating scale and creates a rip in the time space continuum 3 10.00%
A+ 0 0%
A 5 16.67%
A- 4 13.33%
less than an A (i'm miserable and i don't like nice things) 18 60.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 03:08 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,179,321 times

Advertisements

Grade: 26.3% / F-

This one's pretty bad. No winters, no snow, small record range... yadda yadda yadda same tropicrap garbage. At least it has seasons, albeit very weak ones, which made it eligible to not get an automatic zero on seasonal lag, and a decent precipitation total, albeit penalized for the winter dry season.

Winter mean / Summer mean / Seasonal range / Precip / Seasonal lag / Snowfall / Record range*

0 / 73 / 13 / 81 / 100 / 0 / 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2019, 03:12 PM

2,413 posts, read 1,038,417 times
E. Too hot almost all year.

Old 01-11-2019, 03:19 PM

388 posts, read 212,556 times
F–

Amongst the gayest "climates" on Earth

Old 01-11-2019, 03:38 PM

895 posts, read 602,946 times
I suspect that Caracas's data is false or taken at a significantly more highly elevated location around the city. A tropical climate with 900 m elevation will not be that cool. Among many examples, Medellín is at 1495m and has warmer temperature stats compared to Caracas. If anything, Caracas's stats are similar to Mérida's at 1479m. Caracas should have average highs of 28-30C.

Old 04-07-2019, 05:12 AM

376 posts, read 240,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Goosenseresworthie View Post
ok i'll stop with the over dramatics. i'm starting to scare myself.

honestly though this is more like a test. because i find it fascinating how different everyone's perception of what a perfect climate should be. some like it mild, some like it hot. some like it cold. some like it retardedly cold. some like it windy. some like it dry. some like it wet.

but fundamentally doesn't everyone actually deep inside want the same thing? don't know what it is? you are probably there right now. somewhere climate controlled between 65°F and 75°F typing on a keyboard. why is that not perfect? forget about variety. thats what traveling is for. we are humans. we love to explore and no one is happy with the same thing forever. but surely some universal perfection must exist. maybe proven by science?
Sorry for bringing back an old thread but you're sorta right. Despite everyone's kvetching over this, every single body would be comfortable in this climate if they're normal BMI. It's not my idea of a dream climate, I like a little bit of variation but no doubt it's one of the best climates out there and I'd be happy year-round! You guys seem to forget the fact that we came out of the highlands of East Africa where temps are relatively similar to this. We get it, you love snow but you're kidding yourself if you wouldn't like this climate if you're a healthy weight.

Old 04-07-2019, 05:16 AM

376 posts, read 240,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
A for me.

Close to an optimum climate for " easy living" (for everyone) imo. Not too hot or cold. Reasonable rainfall and sunshine.
I'm convinced most people in this forum are purposefully contrarian in their viewpoints to the average person in the world. Snow might look pretty and cold temps can be refreshing but nobody actually feels comfortable in cold or very hot temps for long periods of time, as humans we aren't built for those temps and it makes sense because we originate from mild tropical/ subtropical highland climates.

Old 04-07-2019, 05:50 AM

30,400 posts, read 21,222,541 times
It would sure beat my dry and boring weather in Florida. My dew points and humitity in the summer would make that place blush.

Old 04-07-2019, 08:29 AM

5,195 posts, read 1,868,950 times
C for me because while it's comfortable and has lots of storms it has too little temperature variation.

Old 04-07-2019, 12:47 PM

1,503 posts, read 912,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trolik View Post
I'm convinced most people in this forum are purposefully contrarian in their viewpoints to the average person in the world. Snow might look pretty and cold temps can be refreshing but nobody actually feels comfortable in cold or very hot temps for long periods of time, as humans we aren't built for those temps and it makes sense because we originate from mild tropical/ subtropical highland climates.
Too true. I've never heard any real life person here say winter isn't cold enough in England. Never heard any expatriate from South Africa, Australia etc say they prefer the greater seasonality. I wonder what causes this bias on the forum?

But back to Caracas, it's very good but I feel the dry season is a little dry. I prefer Medellin and Ibague.

Old 04-07-2019, 03:07 PM

5,984 posts, read 3,454,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trolik View Post
...as humans we aren't built for those temps and it makes sense because we originate from mild tropical/ subtropical highland climates.

A popular but fallacious argument. It goes right out of the window once you remember that we aren't living hunter-gatherer lifestyles anymore and that we, as a society, have adapted to a domesticated, agriculture-based lifestyle now. This has allowed humanity to settle much farther north and adapt to much colder temps.

So nowadays the "average" person no longer thrives in a tropical place and many (if not most) tropical climates have substantial air conditioning to keep people comfortable.

Furthermore, despite originating from tropical places, humans (e.g. Inuits) have come to live in places as brutally cold as Nunavut, and their bodies have greatly adapted to it, making yours a blanket statement not applicable to all (by any means).

Last edited by Shalop; 04-07-2019 at 03:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather