Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2016, 06:39 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,357,778 times

Advertisements

Anyone else not get the point behind tanning? I don't see the point of frying under the sun to "tan".

Old 05-07-2016, 06:47 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,212,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Anyone else not get the point behind tanning? I don't see the point of frying under the sun to "tan".
Yeah I don't see the point in increasing the risk of getting skin cancer and looking like an orange lizard.

Old 05-07-2016, 07:01 PM

6,908 posts, read 7,663,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Yeah I don't see the point in increasing the risk of getting skin cancer and looking like an orange lizard.
I love being outside, the tan is just a plus that comes with it. Whether it be my bike rides, etc.

People are also more attractive when they have a tan, to me anyways.

Old 05-07-2016, 07:09 PM

Some people definitely overdo it though. As ILMC said, some people look straight up orange or just look ridiculously overtanned.

Old 05-07-2016, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsNHL View Post
I love being outside, the tan is just a plus that comes with it. Whether it be my bike rides, etc.

People are also more attractive when they have a tan, to me anyways.
They won't be as they get older (if they get too much sun).

Old 05-07-2016, 07:15 PM

You can definitely tell who overdoes it here with the tanning, normally moron snowbirds that move here from up north. They're in their fifties looking like they're 70.

Old 05-07-2016, 07:23 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,427,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
I can guarantee that whatever state you think the USA is in, that Ukraine will be much, much worse...
Maybe, maybe not. In any case, "better" or "worse" is to at least some extent subjective, and there are most certainly factors to consider in deciding on a place to live other than economics.

Quote:
And yes it is silly & pedantic, of course you would be emigrating there,
Untrue. Theoretically, acquiring citizenship later in life via jus sanguinis is an ex post facto recognition that you were a citizen from the moment of birth. In theory, it applies retroactively, although this is notwithstanding the fact that certain citizenship obligations may or may not (often not) be applicable retroactively (e.g., compulsory military service). Also, acquisition of citizenship via immigration usually entails moving to another country and after a minimum statutory period, applying for and acquiring citizenship. But jus sanguinis citizenship can typically be acquired even without stepping foot in the country whose citizenship you are acquiring (either at birth or later in life). It is a significant legal distinction because the theoretical basis for jus sanguinis citizenship is that you already belong to the nation in question - you are merely reclaiming and positively asserting your membership. Blood is what confers citizenship rights.

Quote:
I really fail to see what "cultural benefits" Ukraine would offer you or any children you had
Seriously? This is a point I didn't even need to think I'd need to clarify.

Quote:
I still don't get how you could be more concerned about what goes on there, than what goes on or what could happen in your own country... But each to their own...
Because I appreciate that there are things that are greater than my own life. I am not an individualist.

Old 05-07-2016, 07:31 PM

4,658 posts, read 3,654,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Warm weather unfortunately means the onset of mosquitoes

Where I live at home near London is surrounded by reservoirs, so in summer we get mosquitoes pretty badly, and up in Norwich there are the norfolk broads and marshland which leads to lots of the bastards there as well
Mosquitoes : It's not (only) the heat, it's the humidity (as well) ?

Old 05-07-2016, 09:12 PM

Looked at Facebook tonight and remembered why I practically gave it up to begin with...being reminded of "friends" who completely blew me off. And even my own family's cheesy photos get annoying after a while.

Old 05-08-2016, 03:08 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,303,118 times
One of my friends wears his jumper even when the temperature is 40-41˚C, even on the string of 4 days above 40˚C in February this year. He's from GERMANY, it's a bit ridiculous but he says that he has it on as it reflects heat. Another mate who's good mates with the German Jacket One wears his jumper in summer too, but usually for 5-10 minutes in corridors to keep cool. Then outside for a few minutes he has the cool corridor air around him. But he says even that doesn't work for very long. It's moderately ridiculous, as someone who loves the hot weather I can wear a jumper at a maximum of 33-34˚c before it's too hot and/or too uncomfortable, plus I don't really like wearing jumpers, prefer boardies, shirt and thongs (or flip flops for you foreigners ).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather