Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2016, 01:04 PM

13,484 posts, read 9,025,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
I just wonder how many leave voters have regret. I suppose a second referendum would answer that question.
I imagine quite a few do regret it, as one of the main things that swayed their vote was being told the EU membership money would go to the NHS, then Farage said just hours after winning that it was a "mistake"...

The funniest thing about the petition is that it was created by a leave supporter prior to the actual vote, as they assumed they were going to lose & were intending to fight the decision if remain had won by such a small margin lol...

Old 06-26-2016, 01:47 PM

1,772 posts, read 1,504,324 times
A second referendum would be a disgrace to democracy in my view. Every voter had enough time to get informed and lies in an electoral campaign aren't anything special.
While I think it's sad that the UK wants to leave a union with us, I kinda admire the Leave voters who had the guts to vote for a non-material, idealistic worth and weren't scared by economic consequences - although most of them probably are just a little dumb.

And I think choose either all or nothing, things like the UK rebate are not acceptable.

Last edited by Donar; 06-26-2016 at 03:15 PM..

Old 06-26-2016, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar View Post
A second referendum would be a disgrace to democracy in my view. Every voter had enough time to get informed and lies in a electoral campaign aren't anything special.
While I thinks it's sad that the UK wants to leave a union with us, I kinda admire the Leave voters who had the guts to vote for a non-material, idealistic worth and weren't scared by economic consequences - although most of them probably are just a little dumb.

And I think choose either all or nothing, things like the UK rebate are not acceptable.
The referendum in any case is non binding & is meant for an indication to the government...

I don't see how such a tiny percentage can be democracy, especially when most of those that voted leave did so on the basis of lies. Basically half of the UK population are now being forced to leave the EU & deal with the consequences that none of the leave voters actually thought about. I could be forced to go back to the UK, I could lose my house as interest rates are bound to rise, I wont be able to sell it as house prices will drop so low, there will be less jobs so unemployment will rise & everything will cost more...

The majority of leave voters did so because of immigration, yet it has been stated that NO illegal immigrants will be deported & the UK will still have to take in immigrants/refugees, the only ones likely to be deported are those in the UK legally from other EU countries, who have jobs, pay taxes & contribute to the economy...

Now Scotland wants another referendum to leave the UK & a similar referendum is being suggested for N.I to join the R.O.I...

So what exactly will they have achieved? Apart from breaking apart the UK & everyone being financially worse off...

Old 06-26-2016, 02:25 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,325,947 times
Subway smells like ass, what kind of bull**** do they put in their sandwiches?

Old 06-26-2016, 02:48 PM

1,772 posts, read 1,504,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
The referendum in any case is non binding & is meant for an indication to the government...

I don't see how such a tiny percentage can be democracy, especially when most of those that voted leave did so on the basis of lies. Basically half of the UK population are now being forced to leave the EU & deal with the consequences that none of the leave voters actually thought about. I could be forced to go back to the UK, I could lose my house as interest rates are bound to rise, I wont be able to sell it as house prices will drop so low, there will be less jobs so unemployment will rise & everything will cost more...

The majority of leave voters did so because of immigration, yet it has been stated that NO illegal immigrants will be deported & the UK will still have to take in immigrants/refugees, the only ones likely to be deported are those in the UK legally from other EU countries, who have jobs, pay taxes & contribute to the economy...

Now Scotland wants another referendum to leave the UK & a similar referendum is being suggested for N.I to join the R.O.I...

So what exactly will they have achieved? Apart from breaking apart the UK & everyone being financially worse off...
I hope those things won't happen of course. My neighbour is from England and it would be very sad if he had to go back to the UK. I don't think that's very realistic, though. Merkel at least will be pragmatic in Brexit negotiations and you might end up with similar treaties as Norway.

Old 06-26-2016, 02:56 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,408,192 times
Quote:
A second referendum would be a disgrace to democracy in my view. Every voter had enough time to get informed and lies in a electoral campaign aren't anything special.
While I thinks it's sad that the UK wants to leave a union with us, I kinda admire the Leave voters who had the guts to vote for a non-material, idealistic worth and weren't scared by economic consequences - although most of them probably are just a little dumb.

Yes I agree totally.

I totally disagree with the decision and am absolutely amazed at the idiocy of the majority of our population, but the people have spoken. People who think a second referendum is the answer are wrong, it is undemocratic and will not happen anyway.

Ultimately it is the main politicians who are at fault here. They've long since lost the trust of the British people, and as a result the majority of people used this referendum as a means to convey their discontent, to show their hatred for the establishment.

Whilst both sides used fear mongering and lies, the remain side failed to create a compelling argument to normal working class people. And after all, they are so used to being lied to by the Tories, so why would they listen to David Cameron telling them to vote remain? You see interviews with poorly educated working class people from industrial towns up north in the UK and they say all of this type of stuff. That and the main topic of immigration, which they fail to realise that leaving the EU does hardly anything to help that.

Who is at fault? It is the politicians, for they have lost the trust of our population.. Theresa May has been the worst Home Secretary in my lifetime.. promised to reduce immigration yet it is as high as ever! I am all for immigration, it has benefited our country, but there has to be a cap, house prices are on the rise and the government is doing nothing to help build more houses.. you can see why people voted leave when you observe the main issues in the UK (immigration, housing)

Old 06-26-2016, 03:47 PM

Quote:
I hope those things won't happen of course. My neighbour is from England and it would be very sad if he had to go back to the UK. I don't think that's very realistic, though. Merkel at least will be pragmatic in Brexit negotiations and you might end up with similar treaties as Norway.
I really hope they wont too, but that is the problem no one knows what will happen, which is what makes me so angry at all those that voted leave, when there was always many questions unanswered about what would actually happen if we left the EU...

Old 06-26-2016, 03:55 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,432,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Subway smells like ass, what kind of bull**** do they put in their sandwiches?
I've never eaten at Subway.

I go for hoagies instead. Primo Hoagies is excellent.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:08 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,325,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I've never eaten at Subway.

I go for hoagies instead. Primo Hoagies is excellent.
I haven't eaten there in years, tbh even when you just walk by a Subway store it smells terrible. Im legit curious as to what causes such a strong stench. I've heard it's baking the bread, but if you ever walk by an old school Italian bakery you know bread ain't supposed to smell bad, it's supposed to smell delicious, you get that nice aroma of freshly baked bread and the cannoli and the sfogliatelle. Subway must be using some kind of chemicals or preservatives in the baking process to get that disgusting odor

Oh we call them subs here, I know Philly is famous for the philly cheesesteaks, but in NYC I think we got the best chicken parm and Italian subs. There is also a German deli in my area that does good German-style subs pero like it's a bit expensive

Old 06-26-2016, 04:12 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,432,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
I haven't eaten there in years, tbh even when you just walk by a Subway store it smells terrible. Im legit curious as to what causes such a strong stench. I've heard it's baking the bread, but if you ever walk by an old school Italian bakery you know bread ain't supposed to smell bad, it's supposed to smell delicious, you get that nice aroma of freshly baked bread and the cannoli and the sfogliatelle. Subway must be using some kind of chemicals or preservatives in the baking process to get that disgusting odor
True.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather