Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2016, 03:51 PM

5,983 posts, read 4,277,039 times

Advertisements

Lots of straight, white males in that photo...patriarchy? Except for the one colored fellow in the top right.

Old 03-29-2016, 04:01 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,406,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
You can stop with the lies now. We've been down this route before. Here's a depiction of my ancestors' response to your people's request that we submit to Islamic rule... you can guess the gist of the letter:
Do I need to bring the Catholic Church up? You were killed if you spoke against it. Jews and Muslims where slaughtered and kicked out of spain, we let the Jews take refuge in our countries.lies? What lies exactly. Explain why Islam is growing so fast now by converts? We haven't taken over any countries and if anything have been taken over by others ourselves. You know how the crusader Christians in the name of Christ slaughtered innocent people? And what's wrong with Arabs taking over rplaces, isn't that how empires work? Romans, Persians, greeks, Chinese, mongols, america, Britain, etc. You realize we never forced people we took over to convert? Yet in America Indians were forced to convert to chrisitianity.

Come on man, let's not be hypocritical. When omar ibn al khattab, the great Muslim leader, took over Jerusalem, he signed a treaty with the Christians letting them live with us, the priest at the church offered omar to pray in the church but omar refused because he knew this was a holy place for Christians and if he prayed there others might claim it for muslims.

Old 03-29-2016, 04:03 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,581,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Do I need to bring the Catholic Church up? You were killed if you spoke against it. Jews and Muslims where slaughtered and kicked out of spain, we let the Jews take refuge in our countries.lies? What lies exactly. Explain why Islam is growing so fast now by converts? We haven't taken over any countries and if anything have been taken over by others ourselves. You know how the crusader Christians in the name of Christ slaughtered innocent people? And what's wrong with Arabs taking over rplaces, isn't that how empires work? Romans, Persians, greeks, Chinese, mongols, america, Britain, etc. You realize we never forced people we took over to convert? Yet in America Indians were forced to convert to chrisitianity.

Come on man, let's not be hypocritical. When omar ibn al khattab, the great Muslim leader, took over Jerusalem, he signed a treaty with the Christians letting them live with us, the priest at the church offered omar to pray in the church but omar refused because he knew this was a holy place for Christians and if he prayed there others might claim it for muslims.
I think snj90 is a bellend of epic proportions, but you need to give it a rest. I don't think anyone cares. All religion is equally ridiculous - Islam is no exception.

Old 03-29-2016, 04:05 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,408,192 times
This whole 'discussion' is pointless.

Religion as a whole is stupid. Anybody who believes a make believe man in the sky created us isn't thinking very rationally

Christians are sometimes the worst people, I find. Always making it out as if they are the religion of peace and loving - yeah right, a quick read of the bible puts that theory to bed pretty quickly.

I do know some great people from all religions, though. I have some great muslim friends, some christian, and sikh too. The problem is the religion, not the people. Some people can be religious, yet not too much so that it dictates their everyday life - these are the good people.

There are others though, that put way too much into it and devote their lives to it, telling other people what to follow, what they can and can't do, trying to make others convert or feel guilty for being atheists - these are the very worst of all people.

Old 03-29-2016, 04:11 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,432,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Do I need to bring the Catholic Church up? You were killed if you spoke against it.
I'm the last one to defend that Middle Eastern religion. Although I do prefer Orthodoxy over Catholicism. But still, the Old Ways were better.

Quote:
You realize we never forced people we took over to convert?
Hah!

Quote:
Yet in America Indians were forced to convert to chrisitianity.
More than that, really. I wouldn't bring the Indians in as any kind of counterexample. In all honesty, who wants to end up like them? Though they at least have their reservations. Not all conquered people have something similar.

Old 03-29-2016, 05:25 PM

330 posts, read 228,601 times
I would love to know where students get money for trips from. I'm on Facebook now and everyone is away on trips.

Some people I have are even in Australia for a few months. I want to go away somewhere for a few months but my budget wouldn't last long.

Old 03-29-2016, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherguru View Post
I would love to know where students get money for trips from. I'm on Facebook now and everyone is away on trips.

Some people I have are even in Australia for a few months.
I told you last year

This thread is already 10x more interesting with you back, don't go and get banned for a stupid reason again

Old 03-29-2016, 05:28 PM

330 posts, read 228,601 times
Well my budget is £3,000 this year and it isn't going very far.

Old 03-29-2016, 05:29 PM

5,983 posts, read 4,277,039 times
It's been 3 days since my last headache. Maybe my brain tumor's finally going away.

Old 03-29-2016, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherguru View Post
Well my budget is £3,000 this year and it isn't going very far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather