Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2016, 02:48 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,357,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat15 View Post
There are a lot of carpenter bees in my yard.

Are they terrible?
They're 3-7 this year so far, and just got swept by the Braves who started the season 0-9 and on top of that, they blew the lead in each one of the games.......:sm ack:

Typical Marlins. Can't close the damn game out. ****ing chokers.

Old 04-17-2016, 02:49 PM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,589,947 times
I went out to watch some aircraft land over Hatton Cross earlier, and took a few pics and videos. As I was leaving, a BA A320 came in to land. Turns out it was this one!

Drone hits British Airways plane approaching Heathrow Airport - BBC News

Old 04-17-2016, 02:49 PM

6,517 posts, read 5,813,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
It is really corrupt here... The government is also currently caught up in the "Panama" scandal, with the PM refusing to sack those named, most probably because he is in on it himself.

I do have regrets sometimes, but I don't plan on staying here forever anyway. The government are not the only negatives...
Would you move back to Portsmouth? Do you miss it at all?

That's what puts me off moving abroad. I'm not sure if I will risk it with my family, just because if I or we ,had any regrets or missed home, it would be a bit of a disaster.

I'd certainly consider moving to Brisbane though. My sister loves it there, but I wouldn't leave with my mum still here. I'd hate for her to be thousands of miles away from all her grandchildren. It's bad enough for her that she has two in Australia now!

Old 04-17-2016, 02:52 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,448,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
They're 3-7 this year so far, and just got swept by the Braves who started the season 0-9 and on top of that, they blew the lead in each one of the games.......:sm ack:

Typical Marlins. Can't close the damn game out. ****ing chokers.
There's nothing worse than blown leads.

Old 04-17-2016, 03:10 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,448,329 times
Alex are you following NBA at all?

Old 04-17-2016, 03:59 PM

13,480 posts, read 9,020,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
Would you move back to Portsmouth? Do you miss it at all?

That's what puts me off moving abroad. I'm not sure if I will risk it with my family, just because if I or we ,had any regrets or missed home, it would be a bit of a disaster.

I'd certainly consider moving to Brisbane though. My sister loves it there, but I wouldn't leave with my mum still here. I'd hate for her to be thousands of miles away from all her grandchildren. It's bad enough for her that she has two in Australia now!
Probably, at least initially. We still have our house in Southsea & all family & friends are in Portsmouth (well most of them) I do miss some things about Portsmouth & lots about the UK in general...

I would have rather moved further away than Malta, Australia is top of my list, Hawaii a close second, but yeah a 3 hour flight versus 20 odd hours flying... I always wanted to live in London but my other half hates it there, the only places we ever agreed on as potential places to move to are Weymouth & Paignton, so yeah we like the south coast lol

Old 04-17-2016, 04:05 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
I've often thought about moving abroad - but, climate aside, I really like the UK, and I have a good life here. There would have to be a very large, compelling reason for me to uproot my entire life and start anew thousands of miles away, and at the moment there is no such reason. Good job, friends, family - I have most of what I want here. If I was going to move abroad, I'd only consider Europe, as the 'new world' does not look very appealing.

Now, if sunshine hours were about 500 hours higher a year I'd be much happier.

Old 04-17-2016, 04:13 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQKing View Post
I always thought you preferred cold cloudy weather?
My dream climate has around 2000 hours of sun a year on average.. so by most people's standards that's pretty cloudy, but yeah my preferences have changed a bit in the 6 years since I joined this forum. I prefer slightly warmer summers, and less cold winters. I've also become less interested in snow - I still like it, but if we go an entire winter without snow, it doesn't bother me as much as it used to.

A summer without thunderstorms however.. honestly I would forego snow forever if we got more summer thunderstorms.

Old 04-17-2016, 04:15 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,357,778 times
Quote:
Alex are you following NBA at all?
Yes - I saw that the Cavs won today and Golden State destroyed the Rockets yesterday or Friday.

Old 04-17-2016, 04:22 PM

29,505 posts, read 19,602,720 times
Quote:
There are a lot of carpenter bees in my yard.

Are they terrible?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I got stung by wasps about five times last week. Now until early winter is the danger time.

All it took was two warm days and they're out.... Have to see if there is a nest nearby.

Just went out and bought some spray.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather