Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 07:06 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times

Advertisements

I'd say any where in teh high moputain passes of Colorado. I've seen it 75-80 at 7000 go to 1100 and its cold.Then agian they don't get much summer really and the winters are long and harsh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 04:01 AM

1 posts, read 2,762 times
I am one of those people who would be perfectly happy if the summertime temp never made it to 70. Most of Maine experiences pretty warm summers, frequently above 80 with high humidity. Like anywhere though, there are pockets, either along the coast or in the mountains that are quite comfortable. I live on a coastal island in the eastern part of the state (known as Downeast Maine). It rarely gets above the low 70's, is quite breezy, so for my liking it is perfect. The down side for some is that we are pretty muck blanketed in fog from mid-June to mid-August. The winters here are cold and blustery, but we don't get nearly as much snow as the rest of the state.

Old 07-20-2008, 04:52 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,280,851 times
The the coastal regions of the Pacific Northwest have probably the mildest weather in the "lower 48" - winters are not very cold and summers are not very hot. Average summer high in Seattle tops out around 77/78 and areas along the Pacific Coast are generally even cooler in the summer.

Thanks for this info. I have always thought the the marine climate would be my favorite. No hot summers . No cold winters ?

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 07-25-2008, 12:37 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos View Post
I just moved to Georgia last summer from Mohawk Michigan located in the Keweenaw.I also cannot stand the heat and it sure is hot here in Georgia in the summer.Yes the first post is 100% correct about the temps in the Keweenaw.low in the 40-50 deg range with daytime temps in the mid 70 deg range.And yes,it is awesome living a couple miles from superior witch acts like a refrigerator.Even if it gets hot in the 80 to 90 range,you just have to go to the shore and it will be around 60 and with high temps you can usually see your breath with the two extreme temps.
I don't get it the OP was also asking for mild winters as well, isn't Michigan FREEZING during the winter time...? I wouldn't recommend that place for "mild winters"... I have lived in the Pacific Northwest for 12 years and I can say the summer does get hot, on average it may be in the high 80's but there WILL be a few days that it can get into the 100's... I suspect people don't think about the few days when it hits the 90's and 100's... I rather have a steady 80 degrees all the time than steady spikes of temperatures... the winters can get cold especially in the Pacific Northwest if it is windy... I lived in Seattle, where you will be cold albeit the snow doesn't stick around that long but its still cold...

Old 06-01-2012, 03:02 PM

2 posts, read 2,816 times
I am in Colorado and have lived here most of the time since the '60's. You definitely have to stay in the higher elevations to escape the heat - CO is semi-arid, and HOT below 7500 ft. in summer. At 6000 ft, we are at 80 degrees today, and have been hot since APRIL this year. The temp is going UP ... too, soon we will be in the 90's, and just south in Pueblo it is already that hot, Denver is 81, we will all see 100 degrees too soon.
I hate the heat and the heat hates me, I would like to move.

The thing to remember about CO is dryness, severe, moisture-eating, doesn't matter even if it rains, dryness. (And it doesn't rain here like it used to -) You will see it on your skin - you will have different skin, be prepared....
Nowehere in CO are there any areas which can hold any humidity. If you do not mind such dryness and the expense of the higher elevation towns, (CO is a destination state.) then you may like it.
I am looking at Michigan, the cool regions. There's moisture in the air too. : )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather