Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which country has a better range of climates in your opinion?
Canada 25 44.64%
Brazil 31 55.36%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 11:04 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,324,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialmostforgot View Post
Baltimore summers are a little warmer than Krasnodar, hon. By about 4 degrees.
I meant spring, I don't know why I put summer lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2016, 04:47 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,289,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Russia has a few decent climates actually (by decent I mean better than Canada), even aside from Sochi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krasnodar#Climate
Crappy sunshine hours, but it's like Chicago with Philly winters and Baltimore summers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrakhan#Climate
Another Chicagoesque climate, except with the same winters but warmer summer and spring this time around

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuapse#Climate
Solid B climate right there, looks like an improved version of Seattle. Probably the second best climate in Russia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anapa#Climate
Southern coastal Jersey?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feodosia#Climate
NYC 2.0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simferopol#Climate
NYC 3.0
all of these are very good...

Old 05-12-2016, 12:26 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,457,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost-likin View Post
Brazil to me.

Canada outside BC are just an Ice Box,while Brazil range from Equatorial to Temperate Oceanic in the Southern Highlands.

Cities like São Joaquim,Urupema,Urubici,have one of the best subtropical climate to me,with Warm Summer days and Cool confortable Nights,chance of Negative temperatures in Autumn/Winter(temps fall to -4C this late April in some cities there),and with some chance of Snow.
Southern Ontario is an ice box? Really? I didn't know ice boxes had green grass, trees and flowers. I dare you to go to Toronto in summer and call it an ice box. It's not an ice box, it just has 4 distinct seasons with a REAL winter. It's not like its either Vancouver or Nunavut. There's a LOT of middle ground. Ice boxes don't have average summer highs in the high 70s F.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:32 PM

5,271 posts, read 4,679,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Southern Ontario is an ice box? Really? I didn't know ice boxes had green grass, trees and flowers. I dare you to go to Toronto in summer and call it an ice box. It's not an ice box, it just has 4 distinct seasons with a REAL winter. It's not like its either Vancouver or Nunavut. There's a LOT of middle ground. Ice boxes don't have average summer highs in the high 70s F.
Yellowknife has trees and green grass, too, but it's extremely cold. I don't think Toronto is an ice box, it has four seasons, but I think some people would call anything that has below freezing average highs an "ice box", because, literally, it's icy, lol.

I prefer non ice boxes, honestly.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:34 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,361,458 times
Canada. Brazil is just a variety of boring ass climates. No thanks.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:35 PM

I pick Canada. Yea lots of the country is ideally way too cold, and I would never want to live close to the Arctic, but Brazil's overall too hot and no winters to make up for it. I grew up in Miami, FL. After 18 years of hot humid weather down there, I got tired of it. I saw snow for the first time at 15, and the kinda climate I like is 4 seasons with as much snow in the winter as long as its gone by April. Canada has those options. If you don't like snow go to the west coast. 70 degrees I already start to sweat. I'm fine with heat in summer but the pool gets old by September. Then I daydream of sweaters and apple cider ^^

Old 05-12-2016, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverBlack View Post
Yellowknife has trees and green grass, too, but it's extremely cold. I don't think Toronto is an ice box, it has four seasons, but I think some people would call anything that has below freezing average highs an "ice box", because, literally, it's icy, lol.

I prefer non ice boxes, honestly.
Yea but those are boreal forests. Most of Canada's population lives in an area with identical climate to the northern US. Cold in winter, but winter does not last forever. Each season is picture perfect up there. Even if you don't like the cold, admit the snow covered scenery is breath taking. Places like southern Ontario offer literally all kinds of conditions throughout the year so there's something for everyone. Someone who likes snow in Brazil is kinda screwed. Toronto probably sees both 0 and 100 F in the same year or at least 90. That's variety to please (and displease) everyone. I can't go back to living where it rarely gets below 50, no thank you. May be a southerner but my blood prefers the north lol

Old 05-12-2016, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
I pick Canada. Yea lots of the country is ideally way too cold, and I would never want to live close to the Arctic, but Brazil's overall too hot and no winters to make up for it. I grew up in Miami, FL. After 18 years of hot humid weather down there, I got tired of it. I saw snow for the first time at 15, and the kinda climate I like is 4 seasons with as much snow in the winter as long as its gone by April. Canada has those options. If you don't like snow go to the west coast. 70 degrees I already start to sweat. I'm fine with heat in summer but the pool gets old by September. Then I daydream of sweaters and apple cider ^^
The Southwestern Prairies are similar to what you described. Random examples.

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.
Medicine Hat, Alberta

Old 05-12-2016, 12:41 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,407,199 times
Brazil

There are no climates in Canada that I like. Vancouver would probably be the best, but then it's cooler and much wetter than my current climate, so not that great. Improved summer sunshine is a bonus though

Old 05-12-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Brazil

There are no climates in Canada that I like. Vancouver would probably be the best, but then it's cooler and much wetter than my current climate, so not that great. Improved summer sunshine is a bonus though
Which climate(s) do you like about Brazil?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather