Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Rating
A 2 14.29%
B 5 35.71%
C 2 14.29%
D 2 14.29%
F 3 21.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 04:38 PM

2,850 posts, read 1,970,186 times

Advertisements

This is what Raleigh's climate would be like if the hottest months on record were the averages. It looks to me like a place in southeast Texas a bit away from the coast.
I rate it a C- for being too hot.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2016, 04:51 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,451,533 times
Wow, December 2015 destroyed the old record!

//www.city-data.com/forum/weath...-climates.html

Old 05-12-2016, 05:04 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,328,314 times
Solid A climate, averages are very close to ideal for me. My only gripe is that four months had lows in the 20's, none or one would've pushed it to an A+ for me. July and August are also a touch hotter than ideal (92-93F) but not enough to take points off.

Old 05-12-2016, 05:21 PM

7,501 posts, read 6,289,161 times
Too hot for too long. I would be bored of sweating by october.

Old 05-12-2016, 06:16 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,329,485 times
I rate it a B+, would be a solid A if the winters were more stable. My mother moved near there after teaching at chapel hill, she loves the gardening and the really long growing season , not to far from the beaches and a little longer to the mountains, even her summer garden in wake county is reallynice but you have to work it in the mornings and late evenings, (summer squash, eggplant, tomatoes ,peppers, cucumbers).

I love the fact the area has four seasons, a ton of rain, the summer is very hot ( july ,august) but you have have those late evening thunderstorms from all the humidity built up and I believe summer breaks around first week or so in september . I personally love the coast and the diving the most , but thats a very beautiful piedmont region. very green and forested city with alot of oaks

Old 05-12-2016, 06:44 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,329,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srfoskey View Post
This is what Raleigh's climate would be like if the hottest months on record were the averages. It looks to me like a place in southeast Texas a bit away from the coast.
I don't think there is any way that july and august in north carolina compare to alot of the the texas summers . Those numbers are not anywhere near the climate in north carolina but I would have hated those hottest months for sure, i wonder what the dates were for those. doesnt seem recent

July, the hottest month, with daily highs in raleigh around 89°F/31-32c throughout the month, August is is around 87°F/30c for highs, september has falling daily high temps with daily highs decreasing from 85°F/29c to 76°F/24c throughout september and there are few evenings in the summer without some sort of late evening thunderstorm.

Raleigh is always at the top for rainiest cities in mid-large sized metros in the united states, those evening thunderstorms are the souths saving grace from all the humidity, it is why I love the climate so much. I love a good rain and thunderstorm as long as the lightning isnt too close to ground

Last edited by floridanative10; 05-12-2016 at 06:53 PM..

Old 05-12-2016, 07:02 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,055,674 times
Quote:
B+; the winters aren't cold enough.

Old 05-12-2016, 07:13 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,406,132 times
Quote:
Where did you get record lows and highs, January 1937 had a minimum temp of only 34 and the record highs for the winter months are cooler than what they are. So this is not the true hottest, use hottest monthly average, hottest minimum average, highest min temp in each month, highest max temp in each month. Then it will be hottest. I don't like the summer rainfall on this, warm winters are nice gets a b.

Old 05-12-2016, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
I don't think there is any way that july and august in north carolina compare to alot of the the texas summers . Those numbers are not anywhere near the climate in north carolina but I would have hated those hottest months for sure, i wonder what the dates were for those. doesnt seem recent
July 2011 and August 2007.

Quote:
Raleigh is always at the top for rainiest cities in mid-large sized metros in the united states, those evening thunderstorms are the souths saving grace from all the humidity, it is why I love the climate so much. I love a good rain and thunderstorm as long as the lightning isnt too close to ground
It's not even that wet by southeast standards. And I believe they do get a lot of cloud-to-ground lightning.

Old 05-12-2016, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Where did you get record lows and highs, January 1937 had a minimum temp of only 34 and the record highs for the winter months are cooler than what they are. So this is not the true hottest.
It's based on monthly mean temperature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather