Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2016, 01:38 PM

1,772 posts, read 1,503,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
Smoke, turns out this was a fire from a petrol station!

Sunset

Halo

nice sunsets these days, here too:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2016, 05:50 AM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Todays Harvest

Old 07-09-2016, 08:58 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,736,126 times
Rainbow tracks in Olympia, WA

Old 07-09-2016, 09:58 AM

July 9, 2016

Plenty to eat in the grass, no need for my garden.

Hungry Rabbit

Sleepy Rabbit

Close up Rabbit

Only 1 Bumble Bee in entire garden. Haven't seen many of them this year.

Are the Eggplants going to produce?

Eggplant Close up.

I did a double take. My 1st Cuke! National Pickling type

Always think the multi vine tomatoes are cool. They never seem to ripen together though.

Early Treat Hybrid

Sweet 100 Cherry.

Bala Sweet Hot Pepper

Old 07-09-2016, 10:39 AM

1,373 posts, read 1,442,131 times
Today I took some pictures of my mum's vegetable garden. You should consider that we live in a quite rural area, and that here in my village a lot of people are still used to cultivate by themselves the as many vegetables and fruits as they can.

^ panoramic view: the Alps in the background make everything look better
There are a lot of vegetables in that garden (salads, green beans, carrots, tomatoes, bell peppers, eggplants, zucchini, broccoli, basil, celery... there are some asparagus too)

^zucchini plants

^ green beans

^ bell peppers

^ basil

^tomatoes

Spoiler

My cat that plays in the vegetable garden, ignoring the plants...

^ these are not much visible because they are really thin, anyway the plants on the left side are the asparagus. They look like that because those plants are still really young, and so we have to let them grow as much as they want. In a couple of years we will start to take them in the spring, when they are still really short.

^those are the yellow potatoes. The plants are nearly completely dried, so we will pick them up soon.

^those are the red potatoes instead. In our plans the yellow ones should have been at the same level, instead for some strange reason they are ripen in really different times. We suspect that the seeds seller gave us a variety of yellow potatoes with short maturation time, while we expressly asked for a variety with a longer maturation time. Anyway, the red potatoes will remain in there for at least another month.

Spoiler

Yes, we do eat a lot of potatoes! Here there are some of the yellow ones that my mum picked up two days ago:

We measured nearly 15Kg, or 33 pounds. It correspond to "one line" in the vegetable garden.

Old 07-09-2016, 03:50 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,919,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urania93 View Post
Today I took some pictures of my mum's vegetable garden. You should consider that we live in a quite rural area, and that here in my village a lot of people are still used to cultivate by themselves the as many vegetables and fruits as they can.

^ panoramic view: the Alps in the background make everything look better
There are a lot of vegetables in that garden (salads, green beans, carrots, tomatoes, bell peppers, eggplants, zucchini, broccoli, basil, celery... there are some asparagus too)

^zucchini plants

^ green beans

^ bell peppers

^ basil

^tomatoes

Spoiler

My cat that plays in the vegetable garden, ignoring the plants...

^ these are not much visible because they are really thin, anyway the plants on the left side are the asparagus. They look like that because those plants are still really young, and so we have to let them grow as much as they want. In a couple of years we will start to take them in the spring, when they are still really short.

^those are the yellow potatoes. The plants are nearly completely dried, so we will pick them up soon.

^those are the red potatoes instead. In our plans the yellow ones should have been at the same level, instead for some strange reason they are ripen in really different times. We suspect that the seeds seller gave us a variety of yellow potatoes with short maturation time, while we expressly asked for a variety with a longer maturation time. Anyway, the red potatoes will remain in there for at least another month.

Spoiler

Yes, we do eat a lot of potatoes! Here there are some of the yellow ones that my mum picked up two days ago:

We measured nearly 15Kg, or 33 pounds. It correspond to "one line" in the vegetable garden.

Those mountains behind are incredible looking!!!

Old 07-09-2016, 04:32 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
July 9, 2016

Plenty to eat in the grass, no need for my garden.
Great close-ups!

Old 07-10-2016, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Great close-ups!
Thanks!

Quote:
[/spoiler]
Awesome pictures, and yeah, those mountains in the back are breathtaking! I don't think I'd get much done. It's like I'd be picking a tomato then I'd be in a trance looking at them. lol

Seeing the mountains like that makes me think you would never be able to have a garden. Don't ask.

Very healthy looking plants. Looks like our timing is about the same.

The thin plants looked like Fennel

Cute cat, awesome colors!

That's a huge Potato patch. My Yellow Yukon Potatoes are just about done now. It rained last night so I'll wait for a dry day to harvest them.

Wish your narrative was on top of the pictures instead of bottom as we scroll down but thanks for posting them. I enjoyed it.

Old 07-10-2016, 07:26 AM

5,036 posts, read 4,350,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
July 9, 2016

Are the Eggplants going to produce?

Eggplant Close up.

I don't have any eggplants either. Mine are slow growing this year... Maybe their not getting enough sun since I planted them between tomatoes and okra.

Quote:
Nice! Interesting to see mountains behind a vegetable garden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather