Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which has a better collection of climates?
The U.K. 47 36.43%
The U.S. South 82 63.57%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 02:07 PM

21,394 posts, read 10,442,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
So then yes you agree that there is a problem with a portion of a culture there that would find anything whatsoever redeeming about a vile regime like the Confederacy.
A portion, yes, but not so much where I live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 02:09 PM

11,561 posts, read 9,267,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Has he become a permanent resident or citizen? Still in Perth?

At least the guy lived out his dream and got out of cold climates. It's a lot more than I can say about all the cold lovers on this forum from the South that love freezing way cold winters, but don't move anywhere to get them.
Its kinda annoying when southern users want the polar vortex to drop down in Quebec, it might be fun to see a few snowflakes in Georgia or Mississippi or wherever they are, but here it means nightmarish temps of -15° or -25° where you can't even feel your face or leave your house for more than 5 minutes. If you like snow then move to ****ing Syracuse or Buffalo and we'll see how much you like snow when there is like 150 inches of it a year and you get the pleasure of clearing a five foot deep glacier from your car

Old 06-02-2016, 02:11 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,850,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I've always wanted to experience four seasons with snowy winter at least one year to see if I could handle it. My husband's from Pittsburgh, and he flatly refuses to go back to winter like that. It's okay. I am not a real fan of cold, so I'm sure I wouldn't like it very much.

Houston isn't that warm in winter lol. As recent as 2011 there was a Feb day that didn't go above 31F.

Old 06-02-2016, 02:12 PM

11,561 posts, read 9,267,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I don't like that either. You don't see too many in Houston like that, but the Deep South has a lot of people who can't seem to let it go.
I know Houston is different but I've heard even a few miles outside the city it gets really country really fast. I read "unsavory" stories about places like Livingston which is scarily close to Houston

Old 06-02-2016, 02:12 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,310,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Its kinda annoying when southern users want the polar vortex to drop down in Quebec, it might be fun to see a few snowflakes in Georgia or Mississippi or wherever they are, but here it means nightmarish temps of -15° or -25° where you can't even feel your face or leave your house for more than 5 minutes. If you like snow then move to ****ing Syracuse or Buffalo and we'll see how much you like snow when there is like 150 inches of it a year and you get the pleasure of clearing a five foot deep glacier from your car
Only problem with that is not everyone hates winter and snow like you and tom. There's people in Syracuse who I'm sure love the cold and snow and love to do winter sports and spend time outside. I don't know why you warm weather lovers always assume that everyone hates cold weather as much as you and I handle cold way better than heat anyways. You know I've been in -35 F before right?

I honestly don't mind shoveling snow. I've done it about a dozen times my whole life granted, but I loved it every time. I love physical exercise and the cold, so I don't see the negative.

That's like me telling you to move to Laredo, TX and experience 90 degree temps for six months of the year, who the **** am I tell you that you won't like it? It's just pure assumption on your part. Not everyone is as whiny and you and tom.

Old 06-02-2016, 02:14 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,376,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
LOL. Americanwx forum, the southeastern section all I have to say. Winter in that forum is nightmarish. They also expect too much put of a climate that snows very little. It's crazy. They expect 1 foot each winter. Crazy! I absolutely hate some of the posters their, mainly because of their bitchiness. Have not seen a single warm lover there ever. But they have great expertise and access to lots of models that's why I listen in to their conversations. Very informational, I relay a lot of what I learned there to here. If you want to know if it will snow down here they are the guys to ask! Just wish they were not so emotional over snow lol.

Old 06-02-2016, 02:17 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,310,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
LOL. Americanwx forum, the southeastern section all I have to say. Winter in that forum is nightmarish. They also expect too much put of a climate that snows very little. It's crazy. They expect 1 foot each winter. Crazy! I absolutely hate some of the posters their, mainly because of their bitchiness. Have not seen a single warm lover there ever. But they have great expertise and access to lots of models that's why I listen in to their conversations. Very informational, I relay a lot of what I learned there to here. If you want to know if it will snow down here they are the guys to ask! Just wish they were not so emotional over snow lol.
OMG!! Someone has a different taste in weather than you, how terrible of them. I swear it's always the warm lovers that get all butthurt because people wish for different weather than them.

Old 06-02-2016, 02:21 PM

5,271 posts, read 4,645,956 times
I respect everyone's weather tastes. I hate cold (e.g. below -5 °C/23 °F) weather but I don't insult people who like that.

Old 06-02-2016, 02:23 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,376,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
OMG!! Someone has a different taste in weather than you, how terrible of them. I swear it's always the warm lovers that get all butthurt because people wish for different weather than them.
LOL, I dont care that doesn't bother me. What does is how emotional and whiny they get. These are grown men mostly! One guy said he had to couldnt sleep because of how excited he was over a snowstorm, nothing wrong with the excitement but what happens when it doesn't verify.... go through there in the winter it's hectic.

Old 06-02-2016, 02:25 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,850,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post

Haven't you figured out yet that the vast majority of weather fanatics in the US are extreme cold lovers. Winter weather is why they got interested in meteo in the first place. Everyone I knew in school had no interest in summer, only winter. I still believe the vast majority of Americans have no interest in weather extremes in either direction, especially cold. I don't see Minnesota booming in population compared to CA, TX, AZ or FL.

In Europe and the rest of the developed world, as in pretty much everything in life, they seem much more moderate in their weather tastes and less likely to be extremists in weather or anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather