Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which country
Russia 7 8.97%
Canada 9 11.54%
China 3 3.85%
USA 35 44.87%
Brazil 7 8.97%
Australia 17 21.79%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 04:06 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,319,964 times

Advertisements

Thankfully most of South America (except Venezuela) has improved tremendously, the pacific countries have cut their poverty and crime rates exponentially, especially Colombia and Peru. And they have much nicer climates than Mexico, since Mexico is too hot mostly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 05:26 PM
pdw

2,674 posts, read 3,090,748 times
If you could combine Chinese summers with Canadian winters, that would be my dream climate. I chose USA because I find summers to be either too dry or not warm enough in most of Canada. Also, winters in China get barely any precipitation. I always like summer the best when it's both warm and damp, but this occurs very rarely in most of Canada.

Old 06-06-2016, 05:50 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
They are the best of the best and unbeatable in this world due to the huge southern hemisphere oceans and lack of huge landmasses like Eurasia. Florida cannot hold a candle to Australia. Mexico is the cloest thing we have with all their beaches and tropical climates, but a failed state politically. Too bad we didn't steal that from Spain too back in the day.

Argentina and Brazil are no slouches either. Nothing in the S. Hemisphere is too bad cause the southern polar vortex is much much stronger and rarely breaks down sending really really cold air northward, unlike our half of the globe. Can you imagine how popular Miami would be with an avg high/low of 85/70F in summer, and the same winter averages it has now with zero cold waves in winter? Incredible. Same for all of the Southeast. Shave temps off their wasted heat summers and put it in their unstable winters and they would be great.
Fun fact, we actually did conquer Mexico at the end of the Mexican-American War, the one famous for Texas battles the Alamo and San Jacinto. But, we gave everything south of the Rio Grande back at the end of the war, due to the issue of slavery; every state in Mexico would have become a slave state, and slavery was already outlawed in Mexico.

Old 06-06-2016, 06:03 PM

Location: João Pessoa,Brazil(The easternmost point of Americas)
2,540 posts, read 2,003,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Then Miami is a continental tropical climate, if there is such a thing. But deviating that far from their avg low still seems continental to me. Hanoi is colder than Miami in winter, yet has a higher record low. Same for Hong Kong.
So,Assuncion is a Continental Tropical Climate too right?,it Averages 35F per Winter.

Old 06-06-2016, 06:27 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,692,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost-likin View Post
So,Assuncion is a Continental Tropical Climate too right?,it Averages 35F per Winter.
Asuncion is far from the coast and Miami is right on it... no comparison. Southern Hemisphere mildness wins again!

Old 06-06-2016, 06:34 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
Asuncion is far from the coast and Miami is right on it... no comparison. Southern Hemisphere mildness wins again!
I don't quite consider Asuncion to be Tropical, it's not just about all months 18+ like Koppen makes it out to be, like Brasilia has all months in the 19-21 range, that is not sufficient for certain tropicals, especially coconut palms. So they are subtropical to me, very close to tropical though, like an equivalent of Naples or Ft Lauderdale

Old 06-06-2016, 06:37 PM
pdw

2,674 posts, read 3,090,748 times
Quote:
What about Maputo?

Old 06-06-2016, 08:53 PM

Location: João Pessoa,Brazil(The easternmost point of Americas)
2,540 posts, read 2,003,466 times
Quote:
But im not talking here about it be on the Coast or not,Assuncion to me is the Best Exemple of Continental Tropical Climate in the World,it just lies on the mid of Plains of South America,where is prone to Cold from the South and Hot from the North.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:13 PM

174 posts, read 213,985 times
I love my native Canada dearly, yet its climate often SUCKS. If only winters there were a little shorter and milder, it would be perfect. For that reason I'm voting for the USA which offers choices to please almost anyone. I have to say, I lived in Nashville for a year, and all four seasons there were just about perfect. I think that's close to the ideal latitude for me.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:18 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,919,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost-likin View Post

Still looks like its record lows are warmer than Miami. Miami sits on the edge of huge continent, so yeah it has a tropical/continental climate. Savannah is subtropical, but is still continental wouldn't you say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather