Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2017, 10:28 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times

Advertisements

Yup, if you never met the other person I would not say it counts as real. Im just glad I learned my lesson that long distance relationships are a bad idea. They never last more than two years, but sadly some people never learn this

Old 02-17-2017, 10:29 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,409,250 times
I don't know how anybody could go out with somebody they've never met before, yet alone from a different country that they haven't met. You can't get to know somebody without meeting them in person.. I wouldn't count it as a relationship

Old 02-17-2017, 10:38 AM

This is what sucks about being late to the dating game, there are people out there more experienced than you and if it's your first relationship you dont know how it should be. Girls you date will take advantage of you, without even realizing it. I dont mean to brag, but if youre a good looking guy and you seem innocent they will try to tie you up as soon as possible, you have to be careful. If the girl calls you the "b-word" after one make out session it's a massive red flag. As most guys, I prefer natural developing relationships, where you start out as "more than friends" then slowly move into "dating", and then finally become boyfriend and girlfriend. Don't let girls trick/guilt trip you into being their boyfriend before you're ready

Old 02-17-2017, 10:47 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
I don't know how anybody could go out with somebody they've never met before, yet alone from a different country that they haven't met. You can't get to know somebody without meeting them in person.. I wouldn't count it as a relationship
Like from Tinder...?

I would go out with you for a binge just on the basis on what we have established here.

I get your point, but I also realise that if you speak to a person for months, even years, it's possible to establish a connection. After all, it's the basis of many of the scams online.

To call it a relationship, no. That's stupid.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:52 AM

3,147 posts, read 1,979,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
This is what sucks about being late to the dating game, there are people out there more experienced than you and if it's your first relationship you dont know how it should be. Girls you date will take advantage of you, without even realizing it. I dont mean to brag, but if youre a good looking guy and you seem innocent they will try to tie you up as soon as possible, you have to be careful. If the girl calls you the "b-word" after one make out session it's a massive red flag. As most guys, I prefer natural developing relationships, where you start out as "more than friends" then slowly move into "dating", and then finally become boyfriend and girlfriend. Don't let girls trick/guilt trip you into being their boyfriend before you're ready
Not true, I know lots of attractive young guys who are not/never in relationships. They like men with confidence/smugness.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:55 AM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,597,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GymFanatic View Post
Not true, I know lots of attractive young guys who are not/never in relationships. They like men with confidence/smugness.
It also doesn't help when you're completely oblivious to any kind of advance, as I was before uni (and in the first year or so).

Old 02-17-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GymFanatic View Post
Thats not the point, Im just saying if youre attractive many girls that like you will become clingy the moment you give them attention. I'm not a womanizer by any means but I've been in enough situations with clingy girls to know

Old 02-17-2017, 11:01 AM

3,147 posts, read 1,979,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Thats not the point, Im just saying if youre attractive many girls that like you will become clingy the moment you give them attention. I'm not a womanizer by any means but I've been in enough situations with clingy girls to know
How do you know you're attractive?

Old 02-17-2017, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
It also doesn't help when you're completely oblivious to any kind of advance, as I was before uni (and in the first year or so).
Tbf girls give mixed signals many times. Tinder has been a savior for me, it makes it so much easier to know who is already into you. Not gonna lie, without it I would've been lost

Old 02-17-2017, 11:22 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
There was a girl on C-D who was severely ill. She was lonely, desperate and craving for love. 21 years old.

A guy answered her call. 30 years her senior. They started talking, connected, and thought they had a relationship. The guy flew over. Knocked the girl up, flew back, and that's the end of it.

Pi*ses me off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather