Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2017, 05:34 AM

3,147 posts, read 1,979,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba_Wethu View Post
People with ASD do have difficulties expressing, regulating and dealing with emotions in an appropriate way which is a reason to why they tend to throw tandrums. They get all these feelings, be they sensory or emotional, and they just don't know what to do with them, and so they get overloaded. Atleast this is how I understand it.
Don't take this as an accusation or anything though, I'm just saying it can be an emotional overload as well.
Also, I hope it works out for you!
How do you know this Baba?

Old 03-16-2017, 06:29 AM

2,155 posts, read 1,541,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GymFanatic View Post
How do you know this Baba?
I've read a lot about it. I'm no psychologist or anything, but I feel that I have a pretty decent understanding about the disorder. I've also witnessed people with autism get upset and it often seems pretty obvious to me in those situations what makes them get upset.

Old 03-16-2017, 07:45 AM

4,658 posts, read 3,657,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba_Wethu View Post
People with ASD do have difficulties expressing, regulating and dealing with emotions in an appropriate way which is a reason to why they tend to throw tandrums. They get all these feelings, be they sensory or emotional, and they just don't know what to do with them, and so they get overloaded. Atleast this is how I understand it.
Don't take this as an accusation or anything though, I'm just saying it can be an emotional overload as well.
Also, I hope it works out for you!
Sensory meltdowns (Aspergers) is different from regular (normal person) temper tantrums.

My recent tantrum mentioned before was a once in a year / several years event in my recent years.. (since entering high school). Maybe 2 or 3 times a year at most. Last time (before the recent one) this major (with tears) was 2 or 3 years ago. It's also caused by previous bad memories (traumatized of a recent similar event).

Saying that's a norm is like saying Fairbanks summer has 32C highs and 21C lows on average (norm). Or Miami winter average high is 10C or lower.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:03 AM

2,155 posts, read 1,541,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by divisionbyzero0 View Post
Sensory meltdowns (Aspergers) is different from regular (normal person) temper tantrums.

My recent tantrum mentioned before was a once in a year / several years event in my recent years.. (since entering high school). Maybe 2 or 3 times a year at most. Last time (before the recent one) this major (with tears) was 2 or 3 years ago. It's also caused by previous bad memories (traumatized of a recent similar event).

Saying that's a norm is like saying Fairbanks summer has 32C highs and 21C lows on average (norm). Or Miami winter average high is 10C or lower.
What I'm saying is that people with ASD usually have problems regulating and expressing their feelings, that's one of the first things that pop up when you read about the disorder. If you have problems with regulating and expressing what you're feeling, then it's obviously much easier to have all those feelings accumulate until you get overwhelmed. It's nothing that can't happen to "normal" people, but it's just easier for it to happen for people with ASD, is all I'm saying.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:28 AM

3,147 posts, read 1,979,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by divisionbyzero0 View Post

Temper Tantrums isn't something I usually suffer from.. If i'm in a mood or frustrated i'll just withdraw into my room.

Old 03-16-2017, 01:19 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,407,749 times
Sensory meltdowns? So what yall are saying is that it is hard to find some sort of outlet to vent so you just sort of breakdown because of the overload?

I try to control my anger, as a child I had 0 control. I would beat up anything in site and was a terrible bully, remember stomping a kids new coat in the mud and stealing from the teacher. I would fight and hit any body regardless of age or gender if you so much as looked at me. That died down by the time I was in middle school as I didn't get angry at everything.

Now a days I vent by working out, or just pacing around in my room if I am home. I also like just chilling in the woods by the stream and writing something. If it gets bad and you strike a nerve, then good luck to you because no one can stop me till I have done my damage as I have no control over my self at that point. Luckily that kind of anger can only be achieved if you threaten someone I love.

Also some days I get angry for no reason and I will be extremely stressed for absolutely no reason. Those days suck, I prefer just to workout or chill in the woods those days.

That's how I would describe my anger, though sometimes I get extremely pissed at something slight like someone raising their legs in the seat next to mine. Overall I'm not an angry person at all and have not fought anybody in years. Only disorder that I know I have is OCD, I'm extremely ocd but I managed to control that on my own.

Old 03-16-2017, 03:53 PM

4,658 posts, read 3,657,285 times
I have OCD as well, annoying especially when it involves religious routines.

Old 03-16-2017, 04:00 PM

^^
How do you control yours? I manage to force myself to break my ocd habits. It was pretty tough when I was young but at this point I only have 1 or 2 things I absolutely must do and if I don't It doesn't really hurt me it just naws at me.

Old 03-16-2017, 04:01 PM

2,460 posts, read 1,356,196 times
I am quite depressed most of the time. Life's so meaningless.

Old 03-16-2017, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsizat View Post
I am quite depressed most of the time. Life's so meaningless.
Nah, just find something to be passionate about. Sounds easy to say I know but try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather