Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can windchills under 32 F sting your face?
Yes 24 58.54%
No 14 34.15%
I don't know 3 7.32%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 10:35 AM

2,173 posts, read 2,581,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsNHL View Post
But I am sure the OP is referring to "sting" as the feeling of needles being poked into the skin and it hurts so much you need to RUN inside.

We get that here during cold spells like this morning with a -43C windchill. It is EXTREMELY painful if you walk directly into the wind uncovered, you can't even feel your face if you are out long enough.

I just doubt it can feel THAT bad if it is above 0C windchill.
OK, It doesn't hurt at 20C, but at 10C it definitely is painful if the wind is high...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 10:49 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,816,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas182 View Post
OK, It doesn't hurt at 20C, but at 10C it definitely is painful if the wind is high...
You want to get a grip of yourself then if you think a windy 10C day is painful. You're English ffs. I could understand if you'd just arrived in England from Jamaica, but not from bloody Portsmouth.

Old 12-29-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean york View Post
You want to get a grip of yourself then if you think a windy 10C day is painful. You're English ffs. I could understand if you'd just arrived in England from Jamaica, but not from bloody Portsmouth.
It's horrid! Remember I'm a Southern softy and a windy 10C down here is the depths of winter! Also as many know, I just can't stand temps below 20C - I just hate it! Unless I'm jogging or playing football...
Also, I believe it was 3C today - but with it being so dry and no wind, it didn't feel that bad! Course I did have a Hat, Scarf (also acting as a veil), gloves and 5 layers on...

But your a northerner - you get 10C in summer!

Old 12-29-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
It's horrid! Remember I'm a Southern softy and a windy 10C down here is the depths of winter! Also as many know, I just can't stand temps below 20C - I just hate it! Unless I'm jogging or playing football...
Also, I believe it was 3C today - but with it being so dry and no wind, it didn't feel that bad! Course I did have a Hat, Scarf (also acting as a veil), gloves and 5 layers on...

But your a northerner - you get 10C in summer!
10C and windy can be any day between November and March/April down there. I did live there, and even in summer you have that annoying breeze.
You're not helping the dispel the southern stereotype

10C is a beautiful mid summer day here. It's usually when I put my flat cap on and take my whippet out for a stroll down the mines. Afterwards I eat some Yorkshire puddings whilst complaining constantly about anything and everything.

Old 12-29-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
10C and windy can be any day between November and March/April down there. I did live there, and even in summer you have that annoying breeze.
You're not helping the dispel the southern stereotype

10C is a beautiful mid summer day here. It's usually when I put my flat cap on and take my whippet out for a stroll down the mines. Afterwards I eat some Yorkshire puddings whilst complaining constantly about anything and everything.
Hahahaha, Cus that's what every Yorkshire man does
But no, 10C is bloody cold and most southerners would agree with me - which is why I want to move to Queensland! Also I have a friend from Newcastle who laughs at our patheticness, but we laugh at him when temps go above 20C and he moans about how hot it is! Haha

Old 12-29-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Hahahaha, Cus that's what every Yorkshire man does
But no, 10C is bloody cold and most southerners would agree with me - which is why I want to move to Queensland! Also I have a friend from Newcastle who laughs at our patheticness, but we laugh at him when temps go above 20C and he moans about how hot it is! Haha
My sister will never live in the UK again now that she's used to Brisbane weather. She hated it here.

Well Newcastle is cool even by our standards here. At least we have a couple of months of 70F highs. Newcastle has never been warm when I've been there, and I've only ever been in summer. Cracking night out though.

Old 12-29-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
My sister will never live in the UK again now that she's used to Brisbane weather. She hated it here.

Well Newcastle is cool even by our standards here. At least we have a couple of months of 70F highs. Newcastle has never been warm when I've been there, and I've only ever been in summer. Cracking night out though.
Haha, I've heard that girls wear nothing out clubbing there?!
Though Pompey's nightclubs are ****e in comparison, at least the summer nights are balmy! Haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather