Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2017, 04:56 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,573,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
I'm a centrist economically. I just hate the left for what they've done with political correctness and with the immigration policies of Sweden and elsewhere. What I love about the Sweden Democrats is that just like me they're economic centrists and pragmatists and I can agree with the vast majority with what they stand for on that issue as well. It'd feel terrible to vote Tory in the absence of a better alternative if I lived over there, even though it would have to be done given the electoral system and the alternative

Economically you and I probably agree on many things, even though I tilt centre-right. You seem to the right of Corbyn on those issues generally and likes the LibDems in many aspects so to speak. Where we really differ is on international policy and on immigration and on immigrants' rights, citizenships, law and order and so forth. That's where I'm a conservative.
I think that's fair. I do place social issues quite highly, like yourself, so even if I agreed with a party on many economic matters I wouldn't necessarily vote for them if I disagreed with them on social policies. And yes, I do like the Lib Dems a lot - but they are only competitive in a small number of seats nowadays, and will probably take 2-3 elections to really regain lost ground.

It's not like I'm in favour of some sort of free-for-all either, and I actually think the UK adopted the best refugee policy in Europe. It's one of the few areas where I think we actually did good.

Old 06-17-2017, 04:56 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,920,992 times
Political Correctness goes beyond that. It strays in to the territory of not offending people, which is unhealthy.

It doesn't matter if you're white, black, gay, straight, whatever. If you can't handle offensive opinions then you should be locked away in a cellar with the key thrown away. It's pathetic. Funnily enough, the most offensive things I've ever heard have come from legitimate African American public speakers, such as Al Sharpton.

Old 06-17-2017, 04:57 PM

699 posts, read 368,558 times
Quote:
As long as it doesn't involve treason, threats of violence or religious indoctrination I'm very much pro free-speech.

I don't go around shouting such language; contrary to urban legend not here either; but at the same time it's possible to hold two thoughts simultaneously. Just because I don't agree with Beerman's rants about gays (I personally find his anti-gay views deplorable and condemn the way he writes about dunno) I don't think the state has any business in restricting speech that doesn't include the three above.

So there you have it!
What about spreading hatred or toxic belief systems excluding religious indoctrination?

Old 06-17-2017, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
When ppl say that they want to stay out of the rat race I just have one question... how do they make a living exactly?
We live in small cities with a high quality of life, it's pretty simple. I'd take this over an ugly concrete jungle.

Old 06-17-2017, 04:59 PM

5,601 posts, read 3,502,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever96 View Post
What about spreading hatred or toxic belief systems excluding religious indoctrination?
Both Corbyn and the EDL deserve their free speech rights upheld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
We live in small cities with a high quality of life, it's pretty simple. I'd take this over an ugly concrete jungle.
Yes personally I find 30-50 k people ideal. Generally that renders lower crime rates but still somewhat of a vibrant economy or the possibility thereof. Also keeps the hipsters away 25 minutes on the bike from where I live I have 50 k people I'd say. Decent enough for me.

Old 06-17-2017, 05:01 PM

Lommaren do you live in the UK?

Old 06-17-2017, 05:02 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,321,296 times
Democrats are a bunch of ****tards tho. Obama deported tons of innocent immigrants in the US, immigrants who had lives and jobs and families here and did nothing wrong. And their hard-on for Killary

Old 06-17-2017, 05:02 PM

5,601 posts, read 3,502,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever96 View Post
Lommaren do you live in the UK?
Is 58N 17E in the UK?

Also do the Sweden Democrats contest UK elections?

Old 06-17-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Democrats are a bunch of ****tards tho. Obama deported tons of innocent immigrants in the US, immigrants who had lives and jobs and families here and did nothing wrong. And their hard-on for Killary
If they were illegals, they weren't innocent, it kinda goes with the terminology.

Old 06-17-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Is 58N 17E in the UK?

Maybe things can change, jeez.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather