Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2017, 06:50 PM

13,484 posts, read 9,027,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerParty View Post
Yeah that WilliamBrantley guy is bizarre. He keeps posting those stats along with hundreds of superfluous emoticons in each post every day, despite the fact that there are no replies ever.
This forum is a magnet for weirdos, like that guy who goes for drives in random people's (same model) cars every other day & keeps a check of every one he has been in & even remembers the dates he drove them

Old 07-05-2017, 06:56 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
He seems like a robot, clearly has a form of autism, but he's not harming anyone I guess.
That thread reminds me of that movie where Jack Nicholson types the same sentence over and over again for the length of an entire book

Old 07-05-2017, 06:58 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
This forum is a magnet for weirdos, like that guy who goes for drives in random people's (same model) cars every other day & keeps a check of every one he has been in & even remembers the dates he drove them
This is place is full of weirdos. Which is frustrating, as when I tried to troll by acting like a mentally deranged person, nobody thought I was out of place

//www.city-data.com/forum/chica...-people-2.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/seatt...e-left-19.html

Old 07-05-2017, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
That thread reminds me of that movie where Jack Nicholson types the same sentence over and over again for the length of an entire book
It also reminds me of a creepy Internet legend, which was true, about a thread on a forum where one user was basically talking to herself every day for 3/4 years. Then somebody posted in the thread to ask what she was doing, and then she deleted her account and never posted again.

Last edited by Razza94; 07-05-2017 at 07:19 PM..

Old 07-05-2017, 07:06 PM

Quote:
This is place is full of weirdos. Which is frustrating, as when I tried to troll by acting like a mentally deranged person, nobody thought I was out of place

//www.city-data.com/forum/chica...-people-2.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/seatt...e-left-19.html
PMSL

It's true though, you can never really tell if someone is trolling on here because there are so many odd forum members

Old 07-05-2017, 07:10 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times
Quote:
It aso reminds me of a creepy Internet legend, which was true, about a thread on a forum where one user was basically talking to herself every day for 3/4 years. Then somebody posted in the thread to ask what she was doing, and then she deleted her account and never posted again.
Creepy, wonder what happenes to her. I heard one person had a forum where they made all the topics and the posts and were essentially talking to themselves all the time and this forum was full of thousands of posts of the person just talking to themselves

This is crazy, that WilliamBrantley poster makes an entirely new post everyday like a clockwork.

Old 07-05-2017, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Creepy, wonder what happenes to her. I heard one person had a forum where they made all the topics and the posts and were essentially talking to themselves all the time and this forum was full of thousands of posts of the person just talking to themselves

This is crazy, that WilliamBrantley poster makes an entirely new post everyday like a clockwork.
Somebody even commented to ask if he was a bot. He uses the same format all the time, posts every single day at a similar time, and is interested in a very specific climatic subject. This has gone on for years, but you got to hand it to him, he sure is dedicated!

The weird thing is that he perseveres despite very few people taking any kind of interest. There were some people who followed the thread in the early years, but that waned over time.

Old 07-05-2017, 07:18 PM

Quote:
It aso reminds me of a creepy Internet legend, which was true, about a thread on a forum where one user was basically talking to herself every day for 3/4 years. Then somebody posted in the thread to ask what she was doing, and then she deleted her account and never posted again.
I know someone a bit like that on here

Old 07-05-2017, 07:31 PM

7,033 posts, read 4,954,632 times
Quote:
It also reminds me of a creepy Internet legend, which was true, about a thread on a forum where one user was basically talking to herself every day for 3/4 years. Then somebody posted in the thread to ask what she was doing, and then she deleted her account and never posted again.
There was once a guy who pretended to be a woman with a disorder or something and he developed an entire backstory around it, it's really crazy that the levels this dude went to. I can't find the exact story but it was basically a psychologist who pretended to be a woman with some disease or disorder online to try and sympathise with other women on a chat forum and he got really addicted to his online alter-ego.

Old 07-05-2017, 07:38 PM

The Internet is full of mysteries.

10 Creepy Internet Mysteries That Will Freak You Out

The one about the guy hacking into NASA was on the news a lot here, and I'm sure the reason he wasn't extradited to America had something to do with humanitarian grounds based upon his autism, I think Theresa May was the person who blocked it when she was Home Secretary. Although I can't remember all the details.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather