Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2016, 11:02 AM

13,483 posts, read 9,024,194 times

Advertisements

There has been a big influx of Albanians & Romanians coming into Malta & the courts constantly have have them up for pickpocketing & stealing...

Some years back there were quite a few Albanian men that were in Portsmouth, they told women they were Italian in clubs, (the average Pompey sl*g wouldn't know the difference if they produced a Cornetto from their ass on a Gondola), went back to their homes, shagged them, then robbed them. They also had "girlfriends" who they then forced into prostitution. They were implicated in the stabbing of a guy outside a club (who died) & when the police didn't have enough evidence they basically told them all to leave Portsmouth. How do I know this? Because my stupid sister went out with one of them

Old 10-07-2016, 12:06 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Please reply: //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post45743086

Old 10-07-2016, 12:30 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Wildcat15, you like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMelmVO7HL4

Sorry for the poor quality.

Old 10-07-2016, 04:11 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,430,555 times
Walking through the city this evening, there was a homeless guy asking for money with a sign: help me out or I'll vote for Trump more or less. LOL

Sort of regretted not giving him anything. I usually don't give money.. 1. I'm in a hurry; 2. It adds up; 3. I'll give to charitable causes, but will definitely prioritize giving to charitable causes that go towards helping Ukraine.

I do occasionally feel bad on some deeper level for never giving money to homeless people, even though I see them every day, but then I think of the surplus money saved from not doing so that I could instead put towards #3 and I don't feel bad at all anymore.

Old 10-07-2016, 04:22 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,578,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Walking through the city this evening, there was a homeless guy asking for money with a sign: help me out or I'll vote for Trump more or less. LOL

Sort of regretted not giving him anything. I usually don't give money.. 1. I'm in a hurry; 2. It adds up; 3. I'll give to charitable causes, but will definitely prioritize giving to charitable causes that go towards helping Ukraine.

I do occasionally feel bad on some deeper level for never giving money to homeless people, even though I see them every day, but then I think of the surplus money saved from not doing so that I could instead put towards #3 and I don't feel bad at all anymore.
A lot of beggars here are fake, they do it on purpose, get thousands of pounds and then go home and do it again another day. That is why I don't give money to beggars.

If I were to give anything to them, it'd be a coupon for food - at least I won't be out of pocket if the beggar is just a fake, and they will spend it on something good, instead of on booze or drugs.

Old 10-07-2016, 04:36 PM

5,601 posts, read 3,503,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post

Saw a poll that was surprisingly close in New Jersey, could Trump even win there?

Old 10-07-2016, 05:23 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,430,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
A lot of beggars here are fake, they do it on purpose, get thousands of pounds and then go home and do it again another day. That is why I don't give money to beggars.

If I were to give anything to them, it'd be a coupon for food - at least I won't be out of pocket if the beggar is just a fake, and they will spend it on something good, instead of on booze or drugs.
I have heard of that. I'm sure it happens a lot, but I figure most (at least 90%) are genuine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
Saw a poll that was surprisingly close in New Jersey, could Trump even win there?
Well, that was in Pennsylvania, which is always closer, but Clinton will likely win Pennsylvania.

New Jersey is not liberal in the way that, say, Massachusetts or Vermont are. In those 2 states, a majority of white males voted for obama. That would never happen in New Jersey.

Still, I won't miss the opportunity to vote for Hillary on Election Day.

If only whites voted, this is what the 2012 election map would have looked like (Red = Republican; Blue = Democrat):

Only white males:

Old 10-07-2016, 05:29 PM

13,483 posts, read 9,024,194 times
In the UK I would only buy the 'Big Issue' from homeless people, rather than give money. There used to be an awful lot of beggars in the main shopping area of Portsmouth & even some in Southsea, which made me think they were trying it on as there are actually 2 homeless shelters in Portsmouth, which isn't a big city, so they could get fed there & a bed too...

Old 10-07-2016, 05:43 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,578,708 times
I'd argue that most beggars in Leeds are not genuine. Most genuine beggars find help at shelters. There were only 13 rough sleepers in Leeds in 2015, and in a city of 800,000 that isn't a lot.

Old 10-07-2016, 06:03 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,451,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Wildcat15, you like this?
Yep, nice one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather